Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite or least favorite scary movies?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    There was a black & white horror film that was shown on a double bill with Perri the Squirrel (Disney version of Bambi, but live shots with a squirrel). I was 10. I threw up in the car on the way home, I was so upset. Both films upset me.

Perri
    http://video.disney.com/watch/perri-...89b8c416559506

I think the other one might be The Quartermass Experiment, but I'm not sure of the name. It's about an alien hive mind sort of thing taking over people's minds. The final scenes took place in an oil refinery where the beings assemble into huge hives, pulsing, inside the domes of the refinery. There's an inspector of police trying to track this all down.

I still get nightmares about it.

Yessss, Gandhi and Driving Miss Daisy!!! I love both of them!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johar View Post
    Everytime I've tried to watch the Exorcist I've fallen asleep. Just not meant to be, haha..
    I'm with Toni, Olympia, Scrufflet and anyone else about not watching scary movies but I saw the Exorcist and I couldn't get her face out of my mind...yikes. I had a hard time going to sleep after that. When I got home it, it was dark and I lived in an upstairs apt in a house. The dog was out and did a grrrrr as I approached, I went up those stairs in a flash.

If you want to see scary watch Criminal Minds, yikes!!! I stopped watching when a paraplegic doctor was having his mentally challenged brother kill people for stem cells. Then the brother disposed of the bodies. The way they found out was the brother kept their shoes. I won't say how he disposed of the bodies....scared me so I stopped watching the show!!!

Custom Title
    Ugh, yes, Criminal Minds. I like Thomas Gibson, so I tried watching just once, and I wimped out after a few minutes. And it's on just about every channel! It's still airing on CBS, and reruns are on at least two or three other networks, including Ion and maybe TNT. Brrr...too much for me.

The Blacklist is my new favorite tv show. It's super creepy!

Not scary movies, but some faves:

Fantasia - the original and the 2000 one (Disney fan, duh!)
    The Three Caballeros (more Disney)
    The Sound of Music
    Oklahoma
    The King & I
    My Fair Lady
    Driving Miss Daisy
    Mr. Holland's Opus
    The American President
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Gran Torino
    Father of the Bride (both of them with Steve Martin)
    The Help
    Back to the Future - the first one
    The King's Speech
    Gigi

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    The Blacklist is my new favorite tv show. It's super creepy!
    The creepy parts are beginning to turn me off, but James Spader is amazing. What a silky voice and commanding presence.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Yes to the Shawshank Redemption.
    Morgan Freeman

The last scary/thriller movie I saw was probably the Bourne Identity. It was OK.

And a movie I really like that I forgot to list...

The Blues Brothers!!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Ugh, yes, Criminal Minds. I like Thomas Gibson, so I tried watching just once, and I wimped out after a few minutes.
    I like him too and he's wonderful in Criminal Minds; it's hard to think he can do comedy. My favorites in the show are in this order: Matthew Gray Gubler (Dr. Spencer Reid); Kirsten Vangsness (Analyst Penelope Garcia); Shemar Moore (Derek Morgan); Joe Mantegna (David Rossi) who I like more than Mandy Patinkin.

Has anyone seen The Conjuring?

Custom Title
    I suppose Monsters Inc. doesn't count as a scary movie?

I love that film.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I suppose Monsters Inc. doesn't count as a scary movie?

I love that film.
    It's on ABCFamily's list of films for 13 Nights of Hallowe'en. So Disney would say it counts!

Have you seen the sequel? It comes out on DVD on the 29th.

Custom Title
    I haven't seen the sequel. I was hoping the DVD would come out soon. Yay! I am eager to see it. What did you think of it?

The original Monsters, Inc. is probably my favorite Pixar movie. It's full of both art and heart.

I read that the charming little girl was played by a real little girl who was too young to act out the script, so the filmmakers just followed her around and recorded her sounds and words as she played and used those to create her character. What wonderful characterization of a small child the Pixar folk created! Just one wonderful moment: when Sully gives her a goodbye hug back in her room, all you see is her little hand stroking his fur.

Boo is awesome. The song she sings in the bathroom is supposed to be "Tale As Old As Time" from Beauty and the Beast, but I still don't hear it. :-/

As for the sequel, it was cute, but not as touching in a lot of ways. However we get to meet elementary school Mike and he's so freaking adorable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2