Favorite or least favorite scary movies? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favorite or least favorite scary movies?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not scary movies, but some faves:

Fantasia - the original and the 2000 one (Disney fan, duh!)
The Three Caballeros (more Disney)
The Sound of Music
Oklahoma
The King & I
My Fair Lady
Driving Miss Daisy
Mr. Holland's Opus
The American President
The Shawshank Redemption
Gran Torino
Father of the Bride (both of them with Steve Martin)
The Help
Back to the Future - the first one
The King's Speech
Gigi

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes to the Shawshank Redemption.
:love: Morgan Freeman

The last scary/thriller movie I saw was probably the Bourne Identity. It was OK.

And a movie I really like that I forgot to list...

The Blues Brothers!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ugh, yes, Criminal Minds. I like Thomas Gibson, so I tried watching just once, and I wimped out after a few minutes.

I like him too and he's wonderful in Criminal Minds; it's hard to think he can do comedy. My favorites in the show are in this order: Matthew Gray Gubler (Dr. Spencer Reid); Kirsten Vangsness (Analyst Penelope Garcia); Shemar Moore (Derek Morgan); Joe Mantegna (David Rossi) who I like more than Mandy Patinkin.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I suppose Monsters Inc. doesn't count as a scary movie? :)

I love that film.

It's on ABCFamily's list of films for 13 Nights of Hallowe'en. So Disney would say it counts!

Have you seen the sequel? It comes out on DVD on the 29th.

I haven't seen the sequel. I was hoping the DVD would come out soon. Yay! I am eager to see it. What did you think of it?

The original Monsters, Inc. is probably my favorite Pixar movie. It's full of both art and heart.

I read that the charming little girl was played by a real little girl who was too young to act out the script, so the filmmakers just followed her around and recorded her sounds and words as she played and used those to create her character. What wonderful characterization of a small child the Pixar folk created! Just one wonderful moment: when Sully gives her a goodbye hug back in her room, all you see is her little hand stroking his fur.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Boo is awesome. The song she sings in the bathroom is supposed to be "Tale As Old As Time" from Beauty and the Beast, but I still don't hear it. :-/

As for the sequel, it was cute, but not as touching in a lot of ways. However we get to meet elementary school Mike and he's so freaking adorable.