Denis Ten has three injuries (Oct 17) | Golden Skate

Denis Ten has three injuries (Oct 17)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Turns out Ten has injuries (as opposed to "illness," as the ISU had said yesterday).

Tweets from Denis Ten ‏@Tenis_Den:

Thank you for supportive messages! I am extremely disappointed that I couldn't be at Skate America.. Missing my GP for the 1st time ever.
11:13 AM - 17 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/Tenis_Den/status/390903343125893120

Answering your concerns, I've got 3 injuries at once. 2 swollen ankles and upper-back.
11:14 AM - 17 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/Tenis_Den/status/390903626522451970

So used to skate in pain but we decided it wouldn't be smart this season.
11:15 AM - 17 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/Tenis_Den/status/390903832156581888

Best to Ten.

ETA, exact quote from the ISU yesterday:
"2013 World silver medalist Denis Ten (KAZ) had to withdraw due to illness on October 16."

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Turns out Ten has injuries (as opposed to "illness," as the ISU had said).

Denis Ten
‏@Tenis_Den
Answering your concerns, I've got 3 injuries at once. 2 swollen ankles and upper-back.
11:14 AM - 17 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/Tenis_Den/status/390903626522451970

Aw, poor guy. Hope he gets them sorted before his GP assignments. I'm hoping he recovers and repeats similar performances from 2013 Worlds... right now, he's still a question mark for me, even with the Worlds results.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
oh dear, the injuries keep on piling, looks like Kiira's injury had a domino effect, lets hope that's the last
too bad for Ten,:disapp: this was the season for him to prove his Worlds silver medal was not a fluke

does this mean he is out of the whole GP season ?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Aw, poor guy. Hope he gets them sorted before his GP assignments. I'm hoping he recovers and repeats similar performances from 2013 Worlds... right now, he's still a question mark for me, even with the Worlds results.

He's already missing Skate America.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info. Poor Denis. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

LRK

Record Breaker
Poor Denis! Hoping that he recovers speedily and fully. I'm glad he's taking care, though, and not risking aggravating the injuries further by competing now. More important competitons ahead, even if missing this one obviously isn't a good thing. But sometimes you can only choose the lesser evil. Take care & get well soon, Denis!

Celine

On the Ice
Hope he recovers correctly and fully. Not rushing back just to compete in a Grand Prix. Want to see Denis in Sochi

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I hope he heals and plays smart but the swelling and back injury doesn't say much. is it minor or something bigger - you can't tell from his posts. Some sprains or swelling are bad - signs of major problem and some go away in a couple of days.

deedee1

Record Breaker
oh no...so sorry to hear about Denis' injuries. Wish him a fully recovery.

Hope he recovers correctly and fully. Not rushing back just to compete in a Grand Prix. Want to see Denis in Sochi

ITA. What you've said is exactly how all skating fans in the world wish and would like to tell him this early in the season! :yes:

BlackPack

Medalist
:no: I'm anxious to hear one of my favorites for the Sochi podium is injured, only 4 months away. Get well, D10!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I broke this news like 3-4 days ago on the injuries thread. :bang:

Thanks to Pikachuusb :bow: and IcyEdges :bow: for their previous posts regarding Denis Ten, both of which I had seen before starting this thread. I am happy to copy both posts in entirety below.

Pikachuusb's post from Oct 15 (in my time zone) in the Skate America Preliminary Entries thread:

I just saw TSL posting on Facebook that Denis Ten may be out as well :(

Icy's Oct 16 post in the Injuries and Ills thread:

Add Denis Ten to the list.

I started this thread to advance the story, because yesterday Denis Ten shared details of his injuries. Neither of the posts above "broke" the news of those details.

To me, Ten's tweets were noteworthy because (1) he revealed that he had more than one injury; and (2) the ISU inaccurately had cited "illness" (which is not synonymous with "injuries") as the cause of his withdrawal from Skate America.
YMMV.