Men Skate America 2013 Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Men Skate America 2013 Short Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He seems a little slow for me (could be a TV thing). In my view, he does all the Patrick Chan complicated moves and transitions but Patrick's speed and flow is superior.

But I know he's young and he has all the talent in the world to make this happen.

It will probably happen. Jason has always been very methodological in his training. Compare his bilelman-like camel spin from 2010 to now, for example.

samson

Medalist
Great performance. He brought it. I have to say though... the taste level of that choreography and the costume are kind of offensive... And the O face throughout...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tatsuki MACHIDA (JPN)

Music: East of Eden (soundtrack) by Lee Holdridge

Black pants. White shiny shirt w/ silver sparkly swirls

4T+3T - very solid
3A
CCSp
FSSp
3Lz
StSq
CCoSp

Wow, nice clean skate! Good for him, fistpump

SP: 50.08+41.10 = 91.18 (PB), 1st out of 7

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Uh oh! Nightmare for Kozuka! He is seriously putting his Olympic team chances in jeopardy with his inconsistency lately, finishing 11th at the 2012 Worlds, not making the 2013 World team, and now omitting a required technical element combination jump in the SP to open his Olympic season. With such tough competition in Japan and only 3 spots, this is not good! I'm really sad for him! :cry:

jaylee

Medalist
East of Eden is like the new Turandot. Anyone can skate to it and be thought of as an emotional, artistic skater.

JQSkate

Rinkside
Beautiful skate by Tatsuki, though East of Eden will always be one of MK's signature pieces for me. Great quad/triple, and nicely landed axel even though it went up almost sideways. Love the split falling leaf at the start of the footwork as an ode to Michelle. He's also probably one of the most expressive male skaters today. Score is 91.18, 50.08 TES 41.10 PCS. WHOA!!!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Get japan 6 spots for the men's event already!!! :bang:

I'm an emotional mess and Dai hasn't even skated. Oh my.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
East of Eden is like the new Turandot. Anyone can skate to it and be thought of as an emotional, artistic skater.
Interesting point, especially because I found this performance a bit strained (facial expression) and over-reliant on the gorgeous, emotional music to convey I AM AN ARTIST.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
HOLY COW, MACHIDA! That came out of nowhere!! Unreal score, and in Chan & Hanyu territory! WOW!!! :eek:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
HOLY COW, MACHIDA! That came out of nowhere!! Unreal score, and in Chan & Hanyu territory! WOW!!! :eek:

That guy has the capacity to surprise. He came out of nowhere from last year to become one of my favorites at Skate America last year. And now that he clearly has the quad...watch out!