Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Men Skate America 2013 Short Program

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Jason Brown is just incredible! He really has that "IT" factor that forces you to watch and keep your focus on the spell he creates on the ice. He really puts on an entertaining show! I really like how he has matured on the ice. Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblespiral View Post
    4. Jason Brown is in 2nd
    At the SP of his first JGP last year, Jason scored 59.33, didn't have the 3A and lost to a 14-year-old Chinese upstart and long-time Japanese junior skater he had beaten previously.

Today he got +1.14 on his 3A, score 25 points higher in the SP and beat two of the three top Japanese skaters.

Oh what a difference a year makes...

Custom Title
    And another thing-I am VERY glad that I did not post my predictions in the game (Takahashi, Aaron, Kozuka, Brown, Machida...)

Custom Title
    The size of the audience sure was disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblespiral View Post
    And another thing-I am VERY glad that I did not post my predictions in the game (Takahashi, Aaron, Kozuka, Brown, Machida...)
    I had Machida in 3rd. I learned from last year...but clearly I had some more learning to do...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Will Max make the Olympic team if he continues to skate like this? His skating skills, even in this small group, is near the bottom. He can't lose his money maker, the jumps.
    I don't think he should! His quads are just not there these days.

Custom Title
    Oh my lord. I'm having a silent freakout in the breakroom at work. Jason could have only dreamed of this!

Devastated for Artur. That fall yesterday must really have shaken him up. Surprised that Max caved to the pressure, but expect him to pull back.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Will Max make the Olympic team if he continues to skate like this? His skating skills, even in this small group, is near the bottom. He can't lose his money maker, the jumps.
    It's only the SP. Max can come back in the FS. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he beats Jason in the end if he gets that high BV.

Quote Originally Posted by skaterdelight View Post
    That's a nasty comment and shows no respect for what he's accomplished or overcome with his knee surgery or the many beautiful, artistic, clever programs he's done.
    Don't reply to this poster. He/She usually posts zingers about other skaters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    I don't think he should! His quads are just not there these days.
    But Nationals is not in "these days". A few months may make a huge difference. Or not. I just wonder that people forget how up-and-down skaters can be...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Jason Brown is just incredible! He really has that "IT" factor that forces you to watch and keep your focus on the spell he creates on the ice. He really puts on an entertaining show! I really like how he has matured on the ice. Wonderful!
    The only '4' he's missing on his score report is a quad. Getting level 4s on your spins and step sequences is a huge asset.

We'll have to see what wacky shenanigans happens tomorrow. This is Skate America after all. You're up one day and down the next.

Custom Title
    I had no idea Machida was 23. I thought he was a teenager.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    My biggest heartbreak of this SP has to be Artur Gachinski. To go into his first Olympic season trying to gun for a lone spot on Olympic ice in his mother land and to deliver a performance that is nowhere near what someone of his potential is capable of . . . it's just SO SAD to see. To see him in practice on youtube and nail these elements so easily with artistic sensibility (he is Russia's best male artist on the ice, IMO), you just know he is capable of so much more than he is showing in competition recently. Maybe that 2011 World bronze medal at his first senior Worlds placed too much pressure on his young shoulders. I really feel for him! Head up, Artur; you are a GREAT skater! Wishing you good health and good luck, young man!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Because he only had a fall on the quad. Had he landed it it only would have given him about six more points.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    But Nationals is not in "these days". A few months may make a huge difference. Or not. I just wonder that people forget how up-and-down skaters can be...
    Did you see him at Salt Lake last month? Did not hit a clean quad. So it's been a while for him. and he doesn't have the consistency over time that would give the US the confidence to send him. Of course he could still pull it together, but so far this year he has been weak. and I like him!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast