Ice Dance SD - 2013 Skate America | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance SD - 2013 Skate America

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
I think Blackswan is referencing the fact that D/S came in as world champions, and then were beaten by a team that had never been on the worlds podium before (D/W).

And for the record, I never stated that I believe C/L will win the silver, I was just pointing out similarities between the two teams and saying that it would be quite the surprise if someone did sneak in for a silver.

Exactly.. and before the season started who would have thought that Belbin/Agosto would not even make the podium. V/M have that Belbin/Agosto vibe this season so far to me. B/A came into the season with such weak programs, not as difficult as other teams, yet they refused to change anything. Ended up getting snatched.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think Blackswan is referencing the fact that D/S came in as world champions, and then were beaten by a team that had never been on the worlds podium before (D/W).

And for the record, I never stated that I believe C/L will win the silver, I was just pointing out similarities between the two teams and saying that it would be quite the surprise if someone did sneak in for a silver.

Yes, I understood your point.

And my response was the correlation =/= causation. Just putting my data hat on. :)

I agree it would be quite the surprise, though!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well of course anything is possible. But point is, if I was a gambling woman, I wouldn't bet again V/M at this point. Even at 67, it's still not that far off from 69 and that is with several Lvl 2 elements, still reinforcing my point that they is room for improvement and higher scoring that C/L doesn't have.

What I see is the gap from V/M and D/W is much lower than in year's past, but that doesn't mean they will be beaten.

Which says to me that Marlie and Voir have forced everyone else to up their games. Which of course I realize is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thing. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Which says to me that Marlie and Voir have forced everyone else to up their games. Which of course I realize is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thing. :)

Absolutely! One only has to look at yesterday's SD to see that in action.

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE (USA) - 75.70 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
2. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 69.88 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
3. Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 61.26 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE (USA) - 60.71 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
5. Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 54.53 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
6. Cathy REED / Chris REED (JPN) - 54.28 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
7. Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 54.10 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
8. Isabella TOBIAS / Deividas STAGNIUNAS (LTU) - 53.17 Short Dance, 2nd Copy