Ice Dance SD - 2013 Skate America | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance SD - 2013 Skate America

jaylee

Medalist
Clean, light, airy performance from Davis and White. Standing O (from the rather sparse crowd...).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow Meryl and Charlie FLEW FLEW FLEW!!! That dance was even better than SLC.

rosacotton

Final Flight
I could watch D/W dance all night. Charlie really shone, kept drawing my eye. Meryl lovely, though I miss her purple dress.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
What a wonderful show! Ice dance is where it's at! :yes:

Yes indeedy. I really do think it's by far the most interesting of all four disciplines right now.

One thing I was thinking that was interesting is that both Marlie and Voir upend the traditional notion of male as stem and female as flower. Just a thought...

samson

Medalist
Good skate for them. Looking forward to seeing them build on this. The just FLEW across that ice.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
The Italians were awesome! They are out for blood this season. Technically I think there program is the best of anyones this season, and I could see them scoring high enough to be ahead of any other dance couple in the world besides Davis and White.

caitie

Medalist
Well, I figured I'd have missed Davis and White but by some lucky coincidence they were the first couple that popped up when I started the stream, yay. And man, they looked fast...

Nice score for them.

One thing I was thinking that was interesting is that both Marlie and Voir upend the traditional notion of male as stem and female as flower. Just a thought...

Hubbell and Donahue, too. They did some power moves where she was the anchor. :yes:

badknees

Medalist
Well, I just popped $50 bucks for IN since Universal Sports didn't have it on tonight like they said they would. GGrrrr.

auser

Record Breaker
Yes indeedy. I really do think it's by far the most interesting of all four disciplines right now.

Interesting observation and it gave me a quick flashback to "The Cutting Edge" film.

meem

On the Ice
Thanks for the link to the stream. Wow - loved Anna and Luca's SD and was just blown away by Meryl and Charlie's performance (love that pale pink dress - goes so well with his black/white formal attire :>) I certainly didn't see any glitches with C/L nor with D/W. Have no idea what the commentator thought since I don't speak Russian but C/L and D/W were lightyears ahead of the others IMO. They looked really strong and sure of themselves for the first GP competition.