Practice Reports Skate America 2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports Skate America 2013

samson

Medalist
Thanks so much for the reports and for the videos!!! It's making me very excited.

Based on the video of the Shibs, it looks like they finally found material suited to them. Maia is really channeling Shae Lynn with that costume, and it's working for her. The choreography for the thriller section is dynamite. And I like the lifts. They have more impact this year! Looking forward to seeing them in the SD. I feel like the finn step is really suited to their strengths, and they're going to need every little boost they can get, if they want to reassert themselves as the heir apparent to the US Ice Dance Throne.

Meryl and Charlie look strong at the end. I like that lift where she's just balanced on his shoulder and there is no hold. It's very beautiful.

From the sounds of it, it seems like most men were skating stronger in practice on day 2, which doesn't surprise me. Only about four more hours until this gran prix season gets underway!

Can't wait!!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs Group 1 (C/S, D/C, Z/B, P/M)

C/S SP Split3twist (great), throw sal (good), fell on his SBS sal. I think she is great! Wonderful musicality, nice dancer, he however is so stiff. Landed a beautiful, high throw4sal. She fell on one, foot down their other attempts.

D/C SP Split3twist (great), SBS toes!, throw sal. Music cut is so weird and this program is very generic compared to C/S.

Z/B FP Split3twist, SBS toes (ok), throw sal(?), 2A2A seq, throw sal (she landed forward, hand down). Generic program.

P/M FP SBS Toes (she fell), throw3sal, 2nd throw3sal. Skated thru the rest. She is still struggling with her SBS jumps to a degree.

Group 2 (B/H, V/T, S/K, MT/M)

This group didn't really struggle on much.

B/H FP SBS sal, throw3sal, skated thru the rest. Like this program better than their short!

V/T FP SBS sal (he turned out), SBS 3T/2T. Skated through the rest.

S/K FP Thr3T (? ), 3T/2T/2T (she fliped out of first Toe, skipped 2nd, did 3rd). SbS2A, throw3sal. Skated thru the rest.

MT/M SP nailed all their elements. My favorite SP from the pairs, its very cute! At the end they were playing that Gangnam song and MT/M stayed behind and was doing the dance to it!! Very funny!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thankyou DobrinFan! I'm so relieved to hear that Artur doesn't seem to have any ill-effects from yesterday!

pista04

On the Ice
Waiting to head in to the Men's and Dance short but I felt the need to share that during the ladies practice I got to meet and get Ashley's signature and she was easily one of the nicest individuals I have met in a long time. I have met a handful of "well-known" people but she seemed so genuine, promising me she would come bak to see me after practice and remembering to do so. We talked an laughed about the TSL interview. She also had a clean practice!!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Pairs Group 1 (C/S, D/C, Z/B, P/M)

MT/M SP nailed all their elements. My favorite SP from the pairs, its very cute! At the end they were playing that Gangnam song and MT/M stayed behind and was doing the dance to it!! Very funny!

Good for them!! Not sure due to his age and their lack of comments on it, but I SINCERELY hope these two stay with it another quad. I think they have a lot to offer the sport and haven't yet reached their full potential. I think they could be multi-time World medalists, I really do.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Waiting to head in to the Men's and Dance short but I felt the need to share that during the ladies practice I got to meet and get Ashley's signature and she was easily one of the nicest individuals I have met in a long time. I have met a handful of "well-known" people but she seemed so genuine, promising me she would come bak to see me after practice and remembering to do so. We talked an laughed about the TSL interview. She also had a clean practice!!

That's so awesome, lucky you!!! Loved that TSL interview, she seems genuine.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
did my eyes deceive me or did Tuk just not wear a black, well dark blue dress at least
with no black tights ?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Quick run down from yesterday's womens practice. Asada looked good. Landed a 3axel that was clean, some other jumps were a little underotated (her free leg was slow when she landed her jumps). Wagner 3/3 looked awesome from my seat, other jumps were solid! Radionova did a 3lutz/3T/3T during her FP run thru but popped her flip and messed up another jump. Did another 3/3/3 earlier, looked solid. Tutk was hit and miss landed a 3lutz/2T during her SP run thru, was having a little problem rotating the lutz in that combo. Marchie was solid. Elene G was hit and miss so was Helgesson (but at least she was standing up this time) and Mae Berenice. Zhang was the worse. Saw her fall 6 times, most on her flip/lutz (can't identify which, her edge was AWEFUL) did mostly loops I believe.

Tutk dress is really pretty in person, lots of sparkles and NO black tights (someone should steal those and hide them!). But someone should give her a map of the ice surface so that she can explore other areas other than the center of the ice!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Tutk dress is really pretty in person, lots of sparkles and NO black tights (someone should steal those and hide them!). But someone should give her a map of the ice surface so that she can explore other areas other than the center of the ice!
:rofl::clap: (that's part of the reasons for which her SS should NEVER be higher than 7!!)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Words cannot express how much I love C/S SP (love her especially! ) clean run through! Other pairs in this group (C/D, Z/B, P/M) no comment, too generic.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A hot mess is not a strong enough phrase to describe Trankov's hair/headband combo!! The Italian guy's pants are a banana color and it comes up pass his waist line and it doesn't even match or go with his partner's dress :laugh:

S/K SP music is frightening its so bad. Clean jumps, okay throw.
MT/M he held onto his SBS jumps. Cute program but her butt position in her death spiral is not good.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know why USFS invited Zhang. Hardly anything is going right for her, esp her lutz/flip. Horrible technique falls and pops galore.

Cesario dress is so sparkly it can lead a blind man to safety. She looks like she should be serving cocktails in Vegas! Good program/jumps.

Elene G. is so tiny. She landed a good 3lutz/3toe only to 2foot the loop (?).

Radionova fell on her lutz (fell twice on it) but successfully added the 3toe to her 3loop. 2A had no flow.

Meite was good. Question of U is just awesome on both her and Brown!!!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for all your reports DobrinFan. So you saw no improvement regarding Caroline Z.
I do feel for her, she keeps trying and trying and never gives up.

My fingers are crossed that Meite has two good skates and possibly medal here, always been a fan of hers
and IMO she definitely has shown improvement.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The last group of skaters OWNED IT. Even Victoria and TuktTukt. Tukt finally landing all plan jumps left and right. I was so excited that I decided to join her in dancing and singing her music. Victoria looks so much better it was like day and night. Hopefully they can keep this up!!! P.S. as Asada was skating, all the Japanese raised up their cameras and all you could hear was shutter noise!!!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for all your reports DobrinFan. So you saw no improvement regarding Caroline Z.
I do feel for her, she keeps trying and trying and never gives up.

My fingers are crossed that Meite has two good skates and possibly medal here, always been a fan of hers
and IMO she definitely has shown improvement.

Didn't see a whole lot of improving (practice was rough) but I'm hoping that she puts it together and makes herself proud!!

Show time in 1hr!!!