Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Practice Reports Skate America 2013

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Wow thanks DorbinFan!! Your reports are getting me hyped up!

Day 2 (10/18)

Men's SP Group 1 (Aaron, Rippon. Gachinsky, Majorov)

Aaron SP run thru nice 4S, 3A. Had some nice quad sal and triple axel attempts and he did a bunch of them!!!

Rippon SP run thru, popped his axel and skated thru the rest of the jumps. Tried some quad lutz landing one, falling hard on another. Nice transition into the loop. He tried a lot of 3lutz. Nice costume!

Gachinsky SP run thru, popped all jumps, nice footwork. Tried the 3axel over and over popping it until the end when he finally landed some. Saw no quads, all popped.

Majorov SP run thru, skated thru all jumps. Tried a lot of quads and fell on all of them.

Men's Group 2 (Brown, Machida, Kozuka, Takahashi)

Brown and Machida were the stars of this group cleanly landing most of their jump attempts!!

Brown SP run thru, PERFECTION! 3A, 3F/3T, tano 3lutz. Excellent presentation/transitions. Landed a lot of jumps including 3A all nicely done.

Machida SP run thru all jumps nicely landed including a very nice quad toe. Did lots of 4T, 3A all nicely landed!

Kozuka SP run thru, fall 4T, popped Axel, footwork nicely done. Some quad attemps that were hit and miss. By the way, why does he put his axel in the corner? Weird.

Takahashi SP run thru, flipped out of 3A, skated thru other jumps. Saw a couple of nice quad toes but he was hit and miss with this jump. Nice 3As landed.

Dance practice just start but I can't comment since I'm clueless!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Re dances-you could say which ones you enjoy! And again, thank you so much! Glad Jason is skating well.

Thanks a lot Dobrin Fan! Seems like some are doing fine and some not so fine. Exciting... practice and competition is often different...

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Re dances-you could say which ones you enjoy! And again, thank you so much! Glad Jason is skating well.
    Like the Lithuanian couple SD along with the Shibutani's. Lost interest in D/W and forgot they were skating mid way through Davis has a pretty costume though! So does Tobias! Cappellini's dress was distracting. Flowing at the top with a tulip shape skirt

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Exactly.

Custom Title
    Thanks so much for the reports and for the videos!!! It's making me very excited.

Based on the video of the Shibs, it looks like they finally found material suited to them. Maia is really channeling Shae Lynn with that costume, and it's working for her. The choreography for the thriller section is dynamite. And I like the lifts. They have more impact this year! Looking forward to seeing them in the SD. I feel like the finn step is really suited to their strengths, and they're going to need every little boost they can get, if they want to reassert themselves as the heir apparent to the US Ice Dance Throne.

Meryl and Charlie look strong at the end. I like that lift where she's just balanced on his shoulder and there is no hold. It's very beautiful.

From the sounds of it, it seems like most men were skating stronger in practice on day 2, which doesn't surprise me. Only about four more hours until this gran prix season gets underway!

Can't wait!!

Pairs Group 1 (C/S, D/C, Z/B, P/M)

C/S SP Split3twist (great), throw sal (good), fell on his SBS sal. I think she is great! Wonderful musicality, nice dancer, he however is so stiff. Landed a beautiful, high throw4sal. She fell on one, foot down their other attempts.

D/C SP Split3twist (great), SBS toes!, throw sal. Music cut is so weird and this program is very generic compared to C/S.

Z/B FP Split3twist, SBS toes (ok), throw sal(?), 2A2A seq, throw sal (she landed forward, hand down). Generic program.

P/M FP SBS Toes (she fell), throw3sal, 2nd throw3sal. Skated thru the rest. She is still struggling with her SBS jumps to a degree.

Group 2 (B/H, V/T, S/K, MT/M)

This group didn't really struggle on much.

B/H FP SBS sal, throw3sal, skated thru the rest. Like this program better than their short!

V/T FP SBS sal (he turned out), SBS 3T/2T. Skated through the rest.

S/K FP Thr3T (? ), 3T/2T/2T (she fliped out of first Toe, skipped 2nd, did 3rd). SbS2A, throw3sal. Skated thru the rest.

MT/M SP nailed all their elements. My favorite SP from the pairs, its very cute! At the end they were playing that Gangnam song and MT/M stayed behind and was doing the dance to it!! Very funny!

Custom Title
    Thankyou DobrinFan! I'm so relieved to hear that Artur doesn't seem to have any ill-effects from yesterday!

Waiting to head in to the Men's and Dance short but I felt the need to share that during the ladies practice I got to meet and get Ashley's signature and she was easily one of the nicest individuals I have met in a long time. I have met a handful of "well-known" people but she seemed so genuine, promising me she would come bak to see me after practice and remembering to do so. We talked an laughed about the TSL interview. She also had a clean practice!!

Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Pairs Group 1 (C/S, D/C, Z/B, P/M)

MT/M SP nailed all their elements. My favorite SP from the pairs, its very cute! At the end they were playing that Gangnam song and MT/M stayed behind and was doing the dance to it!! Very funny!
    Good for them!! Not sure due to his age and their lack of comments on it, but I SINCERELY hope these two stay with it another quad. I think they have a lot to offer the sport and haven't yet reached their full potential. I think they could be multi-time World medalists, I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by pista04 View Post
    Waiting to head in to the Men's and Dance short but I felt the need to share that during the ladies practice I got to meet and get Ashley's signature and she was easily one of the nicest individuals I have met in a long time. I have met a handful of "well-known" people but she seemed so genuine, promising me she would come bak to see me after practice and remembering to do so. We talked an laughed about the TSL interview. She also had a clean practice!!
    That's so awesome, lucky you!!! Loved that TSL interview, she seems genuine.

Banned
    did my eyes deceive me or did Tuk just not wear a black, well dark blue dress at least
    with no black tights ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    did my eyes deceive me or did Tuk just not wear a black, well dark blue dress at least
    with no black tights ?
    Where did you see it?do you have a link?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast