Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Practice Reports Skate America 2013

Custom Title
    thanks!=)

Quick run down from yesterday's womens practice. Asada looked good. Landed a 3axel that was clean, some other jumps were a little underotated (her free leg was slow when she landed her jumps). Wagner 3/3 looked awesome from my seat, other jumps were solid! Radionova did a 3lutz/3T/3T during her FP run thru but popped her flip and messed up another jump. Did another 3/3/3 earlier, looked solid. Tutk was hit and miss landed a 3lutz/2T during her SP run thru, was having a little problem rotating the lutz in that combo. Marchie was solid. Elene G was hit and miss so was Helgesson (but at least she was standing up this time) and Mae Berenice. Zhang was the worse. Saw her fall 6 times, most on her flip/lutz (can't identify which, her edge was AWEFUL) did mostly loops I believe.

Tutk dress is really pretty in person, lots of sparkles and NO black tights (someone should steal those and hide them!). But someone should give her a map of the ice surface so that she can explore other areas other than the center of the ice!

Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Tutk dress is really pretty in person, lots of sparkles and NO black tights (someone should steal those and hide them!). But someone should give her a map of the ice surface so that she can explore other areas other than the center of the ice!
    (that's part of the reasons for which her SS should NEVER be higher than 7!!)

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    (that's part of the reasons for which her SS should NEVER be higher than 7!!)
    Liza tends to hoard the center of the ice even when she's sharing ice time with other skaters, I've noticed.

Words cannot express how much I love C/S SP (love her especially! ) clean run through! Other pairs in this group (C/D, Z/B, P/M) no comment, too generic.

A hot mess is not a strong enough phrase to describe Trankov's hair/headband combo!! The Italian guy's pants are a banana color and it comes up pass his waist line and it doesn't even match or go with his partner's dress

S/K SP music is frightening its so bad. Clean jumps, okay throw.
    MT/M he held onto his SBS jumps. Cute program but her butt position in her death spiral is not good.

I don't know why USFS invited Zhang. Hardly anything is going right for her, esp her lutz/flip. Horrible technique falls and pops galore.

Cesario dress is so sparkly it can lead a blind man to safety. She looks like she should be serving cocktails in Vegas! Good program/jumps.

Elene G. is so tiny. She landed a good 3lutz/3toe only to 2foot the loop (?).

Radionova fell on her lutz (fell twice on it) but successfully added the 3toe to her 3loop. 2A had no flow.

Meite was good. Question of U is just awesome on both her and Brown!!!

Thanks for all your reports DobrinFan. So you saw no improvement regarding Caroline Z.
    I do feel for her, she keeps trying and trying and never gives up.

My fingers are crossed that Meite has two good skates and possibly medal here, always been a fan of hers
    and IMO she definitely has shown improvement.

The last group of skaters OWNED IT. Even Victoria and TuktTukt. Tukt finally landing all plan jumps left and right. I was so excited that I decided to join her in dancing and singing her music. Victoria looks so much better it was like day and night. Hopefully they can keep this up!!! P.S. as Asada was skating, all the Japanese raised up their cameras and all you could hear was shutter noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Thanks for all your reports DobrinFan. So you saw no improvement regarding Caroline Z.
    I do feel for her, she keeps trying and trying and never gives up.

My fingers are crossed that Meite has two good skates and possibly medal here, always been a fan of hers
    Didn't see a whole lot of improving (practice was rough) but I'm hoping that she puts it together and makes herself proud!!

Show time in 1hr!!!

Thanks again DobrinFan. A lot of smiling when I read your witty comments

Custom Title
    THANK YOU DobrinFan! Haha, your comments are great!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Same here... I've liked her athletic style. Her artistry is holding her back (and giving her unfair results sometimes), but she's exciting to watch, and is one of the more consistent ladies in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Same here... I've liked her athletic style. Her artistry is holding her back (and giving her unfair results sometimes), but she's exciting to watch, and is one of the more consistent ladies in the field.
    I remember seeing her in Zagreb: she was incredible during the practices (I mean several clean 3F+3T!!) and then had rough skates in competition... I hope she'll perform as she's able to in competition, too

Mae Bernice is definitely someone that looks a lot better live. She has some amazing jumps. Good luck to her today!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast