Practice Reports Skate America 2013 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports Skate America 2013

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thanks again DobrinFan. A lot of smiling when I read your witty comments :thumbsup:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
My fingers are crossed that Meite has two good skates and possibly medal here, always been a fan of hers
and IMO she definitely has shown improvement.

Same here... I've liked her athletic style. Her artistry is holding her back (and giving her unfair results sometimes), but she's exciting to watch, and is one of the more consistent ladies in the field.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Same here... I've liked her athletic style. Her artistry is holding her back (and giving her unfair results sometimes), but she's exciting to watch, and is one of the more consistent ladies in the field.
I remember seeing her in Zagreb: she was incredible during the practices (I mean several clean 3F+3T!!) and then had rough skates in competition... I hope she'll perform as she's able to in competition, too

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mae Bernice is definitely someone that looks a lot better live. She has some amazing jumps. :) Good luck to her today!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Men's final practice done. Gachinsky hit a lot of beautiful 3A. Takahashi looked better than in his SP but then the underrotation and 2footing started. Max was good for the 1st minute but after that his jumps went MIA. Majorov was rolling and tumbling hard on his quads one almost ended in a complete split on the ice. The second group as a whole was just better by a good margin. But besides Machida all these guys quads are sketchier than inner city Detroit. I don't think besides Machida and Max any landed a clean one.

LRK

Record Breaker
Anyone else having heart palpitations at this point?

Not me, but then Brian isn't here, or I would. Don't worry, Olympia (pats hand), Dai will be fine! He seemed very... philosophical about his SP; try to just enjoy his beautiful skating and relax! Yes, hard to do, I know... (I think we fans of the Old Guard should stick together - do calming excercises together or something... :) )

LRK

Record Breaker
I've been having palpitations ever since Jason's score came up yesterday...

But those are good palpitations, yes? :) So looking forward to his free! When does it start, by the way? I can never figure these things out...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You know who found her black tights that went missing in the short!

IleK

On the Ice
You know who found her black tights that went missing in the short!

Oh, no! I didn't even had the time to enjoy "the missing black tights". But at least we saw her once without them. Somebody must have told her something.
What about the practices? I hope Valentina sticks to her 4th place.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yes, please give us some news about what has been going on today... Mao's 3A? Liza's jumps (all of them)? V/T?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmmmm it just may be some splating today for some of the women and I'll throw Simon in there too. Simon and Caroline looked in complete fear going into their jumps. Especially Caroline who falls looked painful especially the 2 that ended up with her in complete split position on the ice. The top five looked like the top 5. Mao did a beautiful 3f/3l in her run thru!!

Showtime in 2hrs!!!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok so all the pairs really looked good. Ksenia and Simon had some problems with their jumps. Simon missed all his during his run thru.

Women: hit and miss from the first group. I feel sad for Caroline especially. The other girls struggled too just not as much. 2nd group looked better. Marchei looks good. I really don't see the top 4 changing much unless TuktTukt has the skate of her life there is really no one who can/should pass Marchei unless she implodes. Mao I think was the best! she landed one 3A I saw, lots of beautiful 2A3T, and a gorgeous rotated 3f/3l!!! Wagner and Radionova looked like the usual!

Funny Liza looked a lot better in yesterday's practice but maybe that means she'll do better to day, here's hoping!!! Her dress with those tights and those brown boots look tragic in person. She should fire her costume designer.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Hmmmm it just may be some splating today for some of the women and I'll throw Simon in there too. Simon and Caroline looked in complete fear going into their jumps. Especially Caroline who falls looked painful especially the 2 that ended up with her in complete split position on the ice. The top five looked like the top 5. Mao did a beautiful 3f/3t in her run thru!!

Showtime in 2hrs!!!
Simon? Do you mean Simon Shnapir?
And you surely meant 3F+3Lo from Mao, right? ;)
Anyway, thank you for all this!! :bow: