Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Who is likely to represent Russian women at Sochi?

Custom Title
    Pogorilaya won the Russian Cup event with total score of 174. No videos yet but the FS must have been pretty solid. Gosviani also scored 175 at Golden Bear last week. For October these results are pretty good, will be interesting to see what happens as the season goes on. Also, does anyone know how serious Leonova's injury is?

My heart wants Tuktamysheva & Lipnitskaya but my head says it'll be Tuktamysheva & Sotnikova.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowdive View Post
    My heart wants Tuktamysheva & Lipnitskaya but my head says it'll be Tuktamysheva & Sotnikova.
    Then your head had a huge brain fart. There is no way Lipnitskaya can be excluded from any realistic team right now, except one of the heart.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kovarkovaelegant View Post
    Then your head had a huge brain fart.
    HA! Funny image...

I agree though. The two strongest Russian ladies right now are Julia and Elena. Lucky for Liza T and Adelina that Elena isn't eligible b/c if she were, more than likely she and Julia would be on the team and both Liza and Adelina would be left off. I think, barring so bad injury, Julia will be on the team. As of right now I have no idea who will get that last spot. Both Liza and Adelina are inconsistent. Stronger GP season + nationals performance will probably get that spot.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    I think Lipnitskaia, Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva are likely to be sent to Euros, where the two highest placed will get the ticket to the Olympics. Pogorilaya is nice and improving steadily, but she won't score high on PCS internationally, not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    I think Lipnitskaia, Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva are likely to be sent to Euros, where the two highest placed will get the ticket to the Olympics. Pogorilaya is nice and improving steadily, but she won't score high on PCS internationally, not yet.
    Assuming Julia continues on strong, and also assuming Tukt and Sot continue on as they are, Julia can pack her bags no matter what happens at Euros. Of course for now it's all a big if still.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4