Who is going to US Nationals? | Golden Skate

Who is going to US Nationals?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Please give me ticket info and costs/dates etc. My mind is on so much-and you cannot believe the things going on. I'd like to go to some events, ladies, ice dance, mens LP maybe. I don't know how this works. I'd like to stay in my own bed, not a hotel, and I live less than an hour away. Should anyone be looking to stay somewhere in exchange for rides to Boston. If you have already seen Boston and want to maybe make it affordable, it may work out. A week rental of a car is much cheaperthan Boston Hotels. I need to dream and look past Christmas alone. As long as I can google you and know you are safe. I have a cat, who adores everyone, and am a non smoker. I let a homeless PCA stay 4 nights, I live my Christianity, though I can be critical of bad spirals as you know. lol. But I am very unopinionated in real life.

I am sorry I did not go last time. I likely wont buy tickets til last minute, but if I have someone who "knows the ropes" of Nationals, I am certainly willing to barter lodgings and I am very gracious. 'Mi Casa est tu Casa' as they say (my house is your house). This may be the only event like this of my life.

Depending where is the venue-its hop on the pike and off 290 and here I am. Fast 50 mins to Boston. If you can sleep on a great total recliner or blow up mattress with memory foam( I know how to make the best beds) I am a decent cook, and we have some great restaurants here as well as Boston. I'm very quiet, have WIFI and chatty when I take my pain med, but will shut up. I just don't want to deal with my first nationals alone, dealing with bus stations. I'm guessing many hotels will be booked. I know nothing, as Col Klink used to say lol, so if anyone knows the basic info, costs, etc. I'm not sure if all event pass is worth it? Or better to buy the events you really want? I expect a high level of comp going into Sochi, and if anyone in MA is driving in and out, and would not mind a passenger...I know we have members from CT, maybe RI, etc. I'm just throwing out ideas.... It may be that I should concentrate on the ladies SP and LP, maybe the ID original dance.

Thanks for any info...I really want to see Nationals. Experienced GSers please let me know your info/advice since I am alone and do not drive any longer.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Nationals Dinner Get-together

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get a group dinner together for Friday, January 10th. The Men's SP starts at 8PM, so I was thinking that a 5:45PM reservation would be ideal. I have a $100 coupon for Filippo's Restaurant, 283 Causeway Street. It's about a 5-10 minute walk to TD Garden. Anyway, private message me by December 10th if you'd like to come. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Sam

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We're going, most likely by train. Got our tickets a few days ago. Exhibition tickets arrived yesterday. Hope to meet up with other posters during the week of competition, during practices, etc.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kind of sucks this year that US and Canadian Nationals are the same weekend

That's how it normally is - the two overlap... and it's not like they have a lot of time to do them in an Olympic season when everything is smooshed.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My husband and I will be there! This will be my first nationals and second competition ever (went to Skate America last year).

Excited to meet a few more of my GS buddies and catch up with Doris and CoyoteChris! :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
My husband and I will be there! This will be my first nationals and second competition ever (went to Skate America last year).

Excited to meet a few more of my GS buddies and catch up with Doris and CoyoteChris! :)

you will have a fantastic time. Nationals is AMAZING.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
you will have a fantastic time. Nationals is AMAZING.

I can't wait! Figured this would be a great time to go. Right now we're sans kids (but want to have one) and I have a lot of folks I want to see live.....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I can't wait! Figured this would be a great time to go. Right now we're sans kids (but want to have one) and I have a lot of folks I want to see live.....

I hear ya! :) I'm hoping something comes to the West Coast again soon... and somewhere near where I have family or friends... it's gotten too expensive for me to justify it. :(

KKonas

Medalist
Although I have been to dozens of U.S. Nationals over the years, sadly I won't be able to make it to Boston. Nationals are always exciting especially during an Olympic season.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Doris, Mrs. P and I will be wearing bright orange T-shirts....you cant miss us....
You can run but you cant hide....
The Phantom of the ice rink
(Remember to sing along when Caroline Zhang does her short program....)

We're going, most likely by train. Got our tickets a few days ago. Exhibition tickets arrived yesterday. Hope to meet up with other posters during the week of competition, during practices, etc.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
N O O O ! Not bright orange :eek:: For Halloween/Skate America, that was fine. For the new year, how about yellow T shirts?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes...but Chris changed it to orange, and we went along.

But only because it was Halloween.