2013 Skate America Pairs Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Pairs Short Program

elif

Medalist
Personal best with double jumps? :rolleye: Almost personal best with fall? :rolleye: V/T can get a new world record here.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Personal best with double jumps? :rolleye: Almost personal best with fall? :rolleye: V/T can get a new world record here.
They probably will: as long as they don't have disastrous mistakes they have a 36+ PCS... :disapp:

Sackie

Medalist
I agree Elif - weird scoring already! As usualy GOE and PCS marks are being used to keep up skaters scores.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV (RUS)

Music: Surrender by Jesse Cook

Both in dark red/black costumes

2Tw
3T - nice and clean
3LzTh - also nice
Li
BiDs
PCoSp
StSq

Nice clean skate, but no 3 twist. I know it's not their best element, but shouldn't they be trying it?

SP: 35.21+29.59 = 64.80 (PB), in 1st out of 5

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
S/K program is hard on the ears. He looks like he is still learning the program though, quite a bit of out-of-sync movements in between the elements. Like them, don't care for this program.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sheesh a lot of empty seats.

My understanding is that Detroit is extremely depressed economically, which would decrease the number of casual local fans.

I don't know why they picked Detroit as a host; I imagine that there were some financial benefits to be realized in terms of venue, and so forth.

Of course, I really don't know what goes into account when choosing a host city for a GP event.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH (USA)

Music: Motley Crew - Mic Macs by Raphael Beau, Max Steiner

Red and white/black-checkered costume (from last season)

3Tw
3T
BiDs - don't like the position, why no arched back?
3LoTh - good distance
Li - also nice, new exit
StSq
PCoSp

Very strong skate.

SP: 39.59+31.92 = 71.51 (PB), in 1st out of 6

tulosai

Record Breaker
VERY nice from MTM. I kind of wish they had a new SP because I love them so much but this is an AWESOME vehicle for them. Should score really high.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
My understanding is that Detroit is extremely depressed economically, which would decrease the number of casual local fans.

I don't know why they picked Detroit as a host; I imagine that there were some financial benefits to be realized in terms of venue, and so forth.

Of course, I really don't know what goes into account when choosing a host city for a GP event.

Problems with Detroit as a host city choice:
1) Very depressed economically and the ethnic makeup of the city isn't favorable to watching figure skating regardless of how cheap you might make the tickets.
2) Crime-ridden city so even people within driving distance might think twice before entering the zone.
3) Even apart from #2, there's nothing much of interest in the area to do besides watch skating, so potential long-distance travelers have nothing to package with skating that might justify the cost of travel. In this respect, places like Orlando, Las Vegas, or somewhere in the greater LA or NYC areas makes more sense since visitors can watch the competition either before or after other tourism attractions.

I can only presume that the deal offered to them by Detroit and the venue made it financially viable, or perhaps there just wasn't much interest this year from other cities and USFS had to pick from diminished options, none of them great.