Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: 2013 Skate America Men Free Skating

On the Ice
    Philip Mills must really love those bird arms. First Wagner's swan program and now Machida's Firebird. Such a cliche.

Machida is a great skater but I hope that next year he has both of his programs choreographed by Lambiel. Mills is a very generic choreographer.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Wallylutz would have pointed the same even if Kozuka or Takahashi or Machida have skated some stellar programs. Everyone knows he/she is based against skaters who are not Canadians or don't have Canadian coaches.

Ah so you knows what another poster would do as well as what everyone knows. I tend to respond to what has actually been said/posted and not to presumptions or my projection.

As well, I think Machida did skate a stella program, at least for him and against everyone else at this competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Wallylutz would have pointed the same even if Kozuka or Takahashi or Machida have skated some stellar programs. Everyone knows he/she is based against skaters who are not Canadians or don't have Canadian coaches.
    Why don't you just pick some of his comments to tell us what was wrong with his analysis?

Back on the skaters. It is quite understandable, to me, why Kozuka gets such low PCS. He ignores the music too much too often. I often find Kozuka picks such breathtaking music that I would rather close my eyes to listen than watch him skate to it. At this rate, Machida will become the Japanese number three this season. This style skating is not Takahashi's strength. I actually wish he could go back to His 2012 LP. I like this more masculine Rippon very much.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Philip Mills must really love those bird arms. First Wagner's swan program and now Machida's Firebird. Such a cliche.

Machida is a great skater but I hope that next year he has both of his programs choreographed by Lambiel. Mills is a very generic choreographer.
    Machida's Firebird, to me, was everything Firebird should be. It was fast, intricate, exciting, hit the notes and added an element of drama. Knocked Evan's out of the water. I personally find Mills more attentive to the actual music than Lori Nichol (who seems to be missing from the top skaters this year) or even David Wilson at times.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17