2013 Skate America Men Free Skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Men Free Skating

seniorita

Record Breaker
I have lost count how many great programs Daisuke has produced from 2010 and forth, I m not even counting the before 2009 ones!!I don't care about the jump mistakes

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Daisuke was great for the past times (like in 2010) but I think that his time have past, he should think of retirement after this season.

I hope that he will stop skating after this season because he is not able to land those quads consistency, please don't do a male version of Fumie Suguri ...

jan

On the Ice
I love the program...His technical elements are weak. He lost some points on spins.

Other than the jumps, I think Dai's program is starting to grow on me. The cuts are still a little awkward and the problem is that it doesn't really build at the end. His step sequences are still beautiful though.

wallylutz

Medalist
DT's Score : 72.40 + 86.72 = 159.12

Extremely generous scores considering he had 7 errors in his program. :sarcasm:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Dai really needs to get his jumps back. He will never ever going to land his quad cleanly so, he has to land his remaining 8 triples clean to have any chances of getting on to podium or even at his national. His PCS cushion will only go so far.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Was Dai's program strong enough for the olympics? Not sure the music is big enough.

Not only is it not big enough but also the melody gets a bit lost and it's hard to tell *which* Beatles song each section is based on! My extremely musical and Beatles mad son even had trouble figuring them out.

starryxskies

On the Ice
Daisuke was great for the past times (like in 2010) but I think that his time have past, he should think of retirement after this season.

I hope that he will stop skating after this season because he is not able to land those quads consistency, please don't do a male version of Fumie Suguri ...

He's mentioned again and again since 2011 that he would retire after the Olympics.

lavender

Record Breaker
Love Dai but for me this is not an Olympic program. However it may be best for him not the focus on the quad like Brown right now and skate a clean 8 triple program. That may at least keep him ahead of the Max Aaron type skaters.

IMO Artur has always had empty programs. He looks bored skating them and they don't make sense to me.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN)

Music: Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso Op. 28 by Camille Saint-Saens

Black pants. Grey loose shirt tied at the waist (new)

2T
3A
3Lz+2T+2Lo
CCoSp
StSq
3A+2T
FSSp
3F - slightly forward
2A
ChSt
3Lz+3T - not much speed out, 3T looked << in replay
3S
FCCoSp - nice final scratch

No quad, but eeked out all the other jumps

72.28+80.92=153.30, 230.95, in 3rd (out of 5)

wallylutz

Medalist
Kozuka hasn't grown in his presentation department and his jumps appear stiff. At this rate, he will likely not make it to the Olympic Games either.

DaveT

On the Ice
Not only is it not big enough but also the melody gets a bit lost and it's hard to tell *which* Beatles song each section is based on! My extremely musical and Beatles mad son even had trouble figuring them out.

That's funny you say that because I found myself at times not paying attention to the program and trying to figure out the song, hardest was Come Together in footwork sequence.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker

I thought that Dai was going to retire after Sochi.

starryxskies

On the Ice
Love Dai but for me this is not an Olympic program. However it may be best for him not the focus on the quad like Brown right now and skate a clean 8 triple program. That may at least keep him ahead of the Max Aaron type skaters.
That's not gonna happen. If he did Vancouver with a quad when he clearly didn't have it and when it was not necessary, he's not gonna go quad-less now.