Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 244

Thread: 2013 Skate America Men Free Skating

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    683
    Dai really needs to get his jumps back. He will never ever going to land his quad cleanly so, he has to land his remaining 8 triples clean to have any chances of getting on to podium or even at his national. His PCS cushion will only go so far.

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by badknees View Post
    Was Dai's program strong enough for the olympics? Not sure the music is big enough.
    Not only is it not big enough but also the melody gets a bit lost and it's hard to tell *which* Beatles song each section is based on! My extremely musical and Beatles mad son even had trouble figuring them out.

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    683
    Michida keeping his firebird program from last year???

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I have lost count how many great programs Daisuke has produced from 2010 and forth, I m not even counting the before 2009 ones!!I don't care about the jump mistakes
    I am with you señora.

  5. #50
    Custom Title starryxskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    Daisuke was great for the past times (like in 2010) but I think that his time have past, he should think of retirement after this season.

    I hope that he will stop skating after this season because he is not able to land those quads consistency, please don't do a male version of Fumie Suguri ...
    He's mentioned again and again since 2011 that he would retire after the Olympics.

  6. #51
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,350
    they said he trained at Lake Arrowhead????

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterB View Post
    Okay, I will tell you now that I hate machidas costume.
    Yeah me too. He's in flames.

  8. #53
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    they said he trained at Lake Arrowhead????
    Machida? His coach is Anthony Liu and I think he is with Arutunian from time to time as well.

  9. #54
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,225
    Liu owned Ice Castles until he shut it tight for $$ purposes...

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,152
    Love Dai but for me this is not an Olympic program. However it may be best for him not the focus on the quad like Brown right now and skate a clean 8 triple program. That may at least keep him ahead of the Max Aaron type skaters.

    IMO Artur has always had empty programs. He looks bored skating them and they don't make sense to me.

  11. #56
    More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,245
    Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN)

    Music: Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso Op. 28 by Camille Saint-Saens

    Black pants. Grey loose shirt tied at the waist (new)

    2T
    3A
    3Lz+2T+2Lo
    CCoSp
    StSq
    3A+2T
    FSSp
    3F - slightly forward
    2A
    ChSt
    3Lz+3T - not much speed out, 3T looked << in replay
    3S
    FCCoSp - nice final scratch

    No quad, but eeked out all the other jumps

    72.28+80.92=153.30, 230.95, in 3rd (out of 5)

  12. #57
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Kozuka hasn't grown in his presentation department and his jumps appear stiff. At this rate, he will likely not make it to the Olympic Games either.

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    Not only is it not big enough but also the melody gets a bit lost and it's hard to tell *which* Beatles song each section is based on! My extremely musical and Beatles mad son even had trouble figuring them out.
    That's funny you say that because I found myself at times not paying attention to the program and trying to figure out the song, hardest was Come Together in footwork sequence.

  14. #59
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    Daisuke was great for the past times (like in 2010) but I think that his time have past, he should think of retirement after this season.

    I hope that he will stop skating after this season because he is not able to land those quads consistency, please don't do a male version of Fumie Suguri ...
    I thought that Dai was going to retire after Sochi.

  15. #60
    Custom Title starryxskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Love Dai but for me this is not an Olympic program. However it may be best for him not the focus on the quad like Brown right now and skate a clean 8 triple program. That may at least keep him ahead of the Max Aaron type skaters.
    That's not gonna happen. If he did Vancouver with a quad when he clearly didn't have it and when it was not necessary, he's not gonna go quad-less now.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •