2013 Skate America Men Free Skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Men Free Skating

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To bad if Brown loses to Max. Jason is so much more enjoyable and has far greater skating skills.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Eh, I think it was nerves not so much that he's doesn't have the 3A. I think he had a pretty respectable showing here and he can build from this experience. Onward to TEB!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Loved Jason even with the mistakes! I think this might be the most memorable free program of the year! (Not necessarily this particular performance of it, just the program in general).

I just love him too. He seemed SO nervous tonight- took too long to get onto the ice, visible nervous heavy breathing even after his music started, and I KNEW he was going to be tight. SO sad because he was poised to get a medal and then dropped all the way to 4th or 5th.

But I'm THRILLED for Adam, who had a fabulous skate despite the two errors. At least he is going for it, and his landed jumps were beauties. The program really suits him and he is skating with so much more fire and determination.

starryxskies

On the Ice
Wait, who was it that got mad at Johnny for wearing feathers??
With Machida, it's not just that it's feathers... it's RED feathers. They're trying to take the attention away from his skating. I legitimately cannot focus watching him right now.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone else think that Jason Brown's layout is kind of risky with the 2 2As planned and an inconsistent 3A? If he ever pops that intended 3A into a double, he ends up with 3 2As, which isn't allowed. It would be safer to convert the 3Lz/1Lo/3S into a 3Lz/2T/2Lo and replace one of the 2As with a 3S.

I agree. His team should consider changing that jump layout.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason looked a bit tense which is understandable. He has owned the triple axel it was nerves that got to him. Great experience for him though.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tatsuki MACHIDA (JPN)

Music: Firebird by Igor Stravinski

Black pants, yellow and red sparkly "fire" on top w/ red feathers (old costume)

4T - solid
4T - hand down, no combo
3A+3T
FSSp
StSq
3A
CCoSp
3Lo
3Lz - forward on landing
3F+2T+2Lo - e
3S
ChSt
CCoSp

Solid jumping, should easily win FS and take gold. He's making a strong case for an Olys spot early in the season

Score: 90.84+83.36=174.20 (PB), 265.38 (PB) and GOLD

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Every skater has to tank when they get to seniors at least once. Jason is seriously consistent but I knew that it would even happen to him. He's still awesome.

I wouldn't call this tanking- just a nervous skate and without the big guns in his arsenal- ie no quad, no second triple axel- he can't afford lots of tiny errors.

wallylutz

Medalist
Machida : Very powerful jumps but the program is very basic, as is the overall presentation from hair cut, to costuming to his presence.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Jason looked a bit tense which is understandable. He has owned the triple axel it was nerves that got to him. Great experience for him though.

Yes, as I said above, he looked very nervous and understandably so- his first major intl competition on the senior level with top level skaters. I knew he was going to skate under par as soon as I saw his face as he began the program.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Machida, it appears for the moment, has mastered the mind game that is competitive figure skating. Strong, solid, early season competition for him and a big statement to the Japanese federation! Great for him!

lavender

Record Breaker
I wouldn't call this tanking- just a nervous skate and without the big guns in his arsenal- ie no quad, no second triple axel- he can't afford lots of tiny errors.

I was really responding to someone else mentioning taNking. Maybe I should change the wording.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Machida's PCS way too high. He deserved to win hands down but it was just element to element.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Machida, it appears for the moment, has mastered the mind game that is competitive figure skating. Strong, solid, early season competition for him and a big statement to the Japanese federation! Great for him!

Him AND Oda! Gosh....So far Hanyu, Machida and Oda have delivered this season. We'll have to see what Mura serves up.