2013 Skate America Free Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Free Dance

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
A few wobbles and a slow skate still means perfect 10 for D/W these days. Do they even try to interpret the music any more? Moves after moves is not a program. Looks like the dance now become the new pair skating.

Just goes to show D/W can skate with blindfolds on and still be so much better than all the other teams. When will your fave?

swurvestar

Rinkside
I'm sorry but I really didn't care for the Shibs MJ. I think Coomes and Buckland have a much more authentic MJ program that they won with at Nepela.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just goes to show D/W can skate with blindfolds on and still be so much better than all the other teams. When will your fave?

Cut SourApple some slack. She's watched this, and she believes her favorites cannot possibly match it.

As for me, I hope they can; it will be such an exciting season. We'll see very soon.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Can someone who is in Detroit in the stadium during the events tell that lady who thinks she can reach the whistle register to stop screaming?

Please?

bramweld

Record Breaker
I am not a Davis and White uber BUT tonight they BROUGHT IT! They stepped this UP in the right direction. Voir have their work cut out. I wonder if Scott hyperventilated while he watched this cause you know they did watch this. WOW! The party start!!

I was happy to see the Reeds move up. They did very well. And Japan will need them in the Olympic team event!

caitie

Medalist
DW didn't seem slow to me tonight, they seemed like they were going at the right speed for the music/type of dance they're doing. I'm actually glad this program has less of a go-go-go dramatic feel than NDdP or Phantom and more of a lyrical quality to the mood/skating. Having been critical of the musicality and storytelling aspects of the program when I first saw the video from SLC, I think those aspects have been greatly approved upon, and hopefully the program will only get better as Notre Dame de Paris did (IMO, anyway!).

And IA Mathman, I thought the Reeds did well, too!

Can someone who is in Detroit in the stadium during the events tell that lady who thinks she can reach the whistle register to stop screaming?

LOL, I saw someone on twitter compare her to a banshee.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I missed the FD live, but I just watched Davis and White and WOW!! I was thinking that I was probably looking at the next OGM-winning dance. I like V&M too but I wouldn't mind if D&W "took their turn" at a gold. ;)

sweetskates1

Medalist
Absolutely agree, they made steady progress and really, their silver medal is still inexplicable; they deserved the gold again that year!!

To be fair to D/W they didn't peak 'too soon' with Die Flaudermaus; that was amazing from its first outing, and stayed amazing throughout. I'm just thrilled they turned in a fantastic performance, especially considering how many family and friends they had in the stands :) ... If I say any more about the program I probably will lose coherence haha. I loved it!

sweetskates1

Medalist
Good one TontoK, however, it is annoying how vicious some fans can be sometimes. I have always found D/W superior and only hope they achieve what they deserve in the upcoming Olympics which is what they should have been awarded in 2010 - gold.

Cut SourApple some slack. She's watched this, and she believes her favorites cannot possibly match it.

As for me, I hope they can; it will be such an exciting season. We'll see very soon.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Absolutely agree, they made steady progress and really, their silver medal is still inexplicable; they deserved the gold again that year!!

As a D/W fan, I disagree with this. V/M skated a better FD that year and deserved to win. Had D/W had the skate that they showed up with at WTT, then V/M should've been in silver. But I think V/M were the rightful winners.

blancanieves

On the Ice
The Shibs actually had the highest BV of the competition (free dance portion), which is what helped them win over H/D.

Marlie can work on getting some of their level 3 elements to level 4, but other than that, it will be hard for them to improve that score. So many +3 GOEs and 10.0 PCS. The ceiling for PCS is 60 and they got 58.61.

Dang it, H/D came close to winning their first GP medal again. They're really moving in the right direction though. Tanith wants more fire, and the judges want more TES. Let's see how they can incorporate that feedback into the FD in the next couple of months. :popcorn:

caitie

Medalist
Yeah, I think Voir deserved the gold in 2010 as well. Charlie and Meryl have improved *so much* since then, though. I need to wait to see Tessa and Scott's Skate Canada performances before I have an opinion about how the season is shaping up. It's always kind of funny how even when one of the rival teams (so-to-speak) haven't skated, they still figure so prominently into the conversation. In a way I guess it's a tribute to how evenly matched they have been the past couple years.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
Woah!.. just noticed the ice dance field at D/W next event is loaded! So many top teams and interesting scenarios. Almost every team there will be interesting to watch except the Reeds.