Project Runway All Stars - October 24, 2013 | Golden Skate

Project Runway All Stars - October 24, 2013

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is a list of the designers. It has some I remember and some I don't. Mychael Knight is back so is Korto Momolu whose designs reminded me of Dom's. If I remember correctly Elena Slivnyak was kind of mean to everyone including the judges so there's your drama. Jeffrey Sebelia is back and I haven't heard much about him since he won.

Designers:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars/season-3/designers

Judges:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars/judges

I like Georgina Chapman as a judge, Isaac Mizrahi is OK.

There are several winners: Seth Aaron and I think Irina, as well as Jeffrey of course. Ari South competed as Andy South, a man, and now identifies as a woman. I remember Korto; I liked her designs and her personality.

I think Jeffrey has been designing for individual rock stars? I didn't really like his design style, so I didn't follow his career. He competed in Mychael's year, and I loved Mychael, though he didn't measure up in his final collection. His other works were splendid, and I enjoyed his personality. Of the final four that year, I wanted anyone but Jeffrey to win, because Mychael, Ulli, and Laura were all faves of mine.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very interesting designs....I thought Irina's design was going to win. I liked Mychael's but not enough to win. Irina would drive me crazy with all her drama..:laugh: :laugh:

I liked Mychael's design very much. Several of the outfits were contenders, I thought. I did not like Jeffrey's.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wasn't fond of it, no. Did you like it, Dee?

No, I wasn't that fond of the design but what I liked was that he defended it to the hilt...Issac said he was intimidated...but Jeff was safe so 3 cheers for Jeffery.

I felt kind of sorry for Daniel though. I guess I didn't think his design was all that bad when you look at Jeffery's.

heyang

Record Breaker
I think Jeffrey was safe because he defended his work and its construction and it wasn't as bad after taking off the wrap.

I was surprised Daniel was considered All-Star because they pretty much questioned his taste level throughout most of his season. I do admit that he's a memorable personality.

yes, Elena was a drama queen during her season - she and Melissa definitely conflicted

I thought Irina's dress was going to win avant garde, too, but am not displeased that Mychael won. I had really wanted Mychael to win his season, but he did have the worst of the 4 runway shows. During the final challenge, he had artistic block and I think he thought that he had to build on that look for his collection. I think they came up with final 4 because he was definitely a favorite and stumbled on the final challenge before runway.

From what Jeffrey S said, he's been working a line of children's clothing since his 1st season of PR.

I thought Irina's dress was going to win avant garde, too, but am not displeased that Mychael won. I had really wanted Mychael to win his season, but he did have the worst of the 4 runway shows. During the final challenge, he had artistic block and I think he thought that he had to build on that look for his collection. I think they came up with final 4 because he was definitely a favorite and stumbled on the final challenge before runway.

Yes, that was such a disappointment, wasn't it? Mychael was hugely talented and also a nice guy, mature and tactful. Fortunately, he did enough that he will always remain a favorite with both viewers and the producers; I think this isn't the first time he's been called in for a guest appearance. One of the few times I ever watched Real Housewives of Atlanta was when he was to be featured. One of the stars of the show had decided that she would be a designer. So she hired all sorts of people to do the heavy lifting, including choosing the fabric and of course doing the sewing. Mychael was supposedly brought in to consult and to endorse her "work." When he realized that she was delegating everything, he said very quietly into the camera that if you are going to set yourself up as a designer, the least you should do would be to choose the fabrics yourself. He put her in her place without being at all insulting or confrontational. He's the kind of person one hopes will do well in the world.

heyang

Record Breaker
Yes, that was such a disappointment, wasn't it? Mychael was hugely talented and also a nice guy, mature and tactful. Fortunately, he did enough that he will always remain a favorite with both viewers and the producers; I think this isn't the first time he's been called in for a guest appearance. One of the few times I ever watched Real Housewives of Atlanta was when he was to be featured. One of the stars of the show had decided that she would be a designer. So she hired all sorts of people to do the heavy lifting, including choosing the fabric and of course doing the sewing. Mychael was supposedly brought in to consult and to endorse her "work." When he realized that she was delegating everything, he said very quietly into the camera that if you are going to set yourself up as a designer, the least you should do would be to choose the fabrics yourself. He put her in her place without being at all insulting or confrontational. He's the kind of person one hopes will do well in the world.

Based on his website, it seems he does a lot of consulting work

http://mychaelknight.com/

While I didn't care for Irina on personal level, I do think she's a good designer.

http://irinashabayeva.com/

I peeked in at Mychael's website. The first thing I noticed about his profile is that it really needs a good editor! Mistaken usage, missing words: it needs smoothing out. I wish I had the guts to write a revised version without the errors and send it to him. The guy deserves better. I'm glad to read that he spends time talking to students. Wouldn't you love to get advice from someone so articulate and approachable?

I agree that Irina's clothes are very chic. Thanks for the link to the website!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Mychael's final collection during his original season was SO disappointing. So hoochie mama! I always thought he and Laura Bennett should have gone into business together--she would give him elegance and he would give her contemporary style (Mychael would be a great stylist). I thought it was a toss-up between him and Irina for the best AG design, though I would have replaced Elena with Seth Aaron for the third spot. And while I canNOT STOMACH Jeffrey S, I thought his smackdown of Isaac Mizrahi (one of the biggest ahole of aholes I've ever met--and yes I've met him) was superb.

Anya's critiques were surprisingly on target. I know she wasn't a great seamstress, but I always thought she had a great eye and very good taste.

ETA: From what I've seen so far, I think they're setting Elena up to be a finalist. The non-Lifetime contestants never have a chance on PRAS.

heyang

Record Breaker
Don't know the guy personally, but I've never cared for Isaac Mizrahi as a judge. I much prefer Zac Posen and Michael Kors.

You make a good point about Mychael and Laura possibly being good influences on each other, but Laura definitely preferred cocktail/evening wear while Mycheal really excelled at sportswear/separates.

Anya is one of my all-time favorites. She definitely has style and elegance in her designs. She learned a lot when she was on PR, too.

Not sure if I agree about Elena. While she may not have done well on her season, time has passed and she's developed as a person and designer. .... and it only takes 1 bad week go be sent of the runway, especially since there's no immunity.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do any of you think Elena should have been upset about Viktor's design?? ...not mentioning her giving him the hint??? Either Jeffery's going to get it together or he's gone. Mychael bet watch it too.

heyang

Record Breaker
We'll have to see if this was just a stumble for Mychael, which was really more the result of the melting crayons idea failing. Just really glad that he was not eliminated.

I'm glad that the judges have called Elena out on her constantly color blocking everything, as well.

Korto also has to get herself together - somehow she's off track this season. During past seasons, she's always had some of my favorite outfits and you feel like she could make clothes for any body type.

Also, don't know why Jeffrey's lost his 'look'

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As always lately, I have but to sit down to Project Runway, and a friend calls me. I'll have to catch it online, but I did glimpse most of the outfits (what a fun assignment--Thirties wear with a spin), and I saw the last moments. I was sad to see Mychael go; he's such a nice guy. I'll look for everyone's outfits in more detail online.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Jeffrey's coat is the first thing he's ever designed on PR that I was like, ooh I want! I'm not sure how 30's inspired it is, but I loved it.

Victor's Karl Lagerfeld impersonation is definitely working my last nerve. I'm about ready to track him down so I can burn that stupid pretentious fan.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Victor's Karl Lagerfeld impersonation is definitely working my last nerve. I'm about ready to track him down so I can burn that stupid pretentious fan.

WeakAnkles, :laugh: :laugh: thanks for the good laugh!!!

What is your take on men without socks??? I personally don't like it unless it's causal dress...jeans and shorts!!

heyang

Record Breaker
LOL - I hate that fan, too. I don't think it's a trend that will catch on in menswear..

Dee, I agree with you on the topic of men's socks..... Also, while I personally don't care for guys wearing skinny pants nor do I care of the ultra baggies either), I often wonder why they are also short and show a couple of inches of sock. Maybe it's my generation, but we mocked each other for having 'high water' pants.