Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway All Stars - October 24, 2013

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    For some reason I think Viktor should have been sent home because he does Men's wear. Sorry to see Mychael go but it just seemed like he couldn't get it together. Surprised at Jeffery's design, it was great, I'm just wondering if he's being held up (not in the Bonnie & Clyde way... ). I also LOVED Elena's jacket!!!

Elena's Jacket

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/proj...episode-5#id=3

Custom Title
    As always lately, I have but to sit down to Project Runway, and a friend calls me. I'll have to catch it online, but I did glimpse most of the outfits (what a fun assignment--Thirties wear with a spin), and I saw the last moments. I was sad to see Mychael go; he's such a nice guy. I'll look for everyone's outfits in more detail online.

Custom Title
    Jeffrey's coat is the first thing he's ever designed on PR that I was like, ooh I want! I'm not sure how 30's inspired it is, but I loved it.

Victor's Karl Lagerfeld impersonation is definitely working my last nerve. I'm about ready to track him down so I can burn that stupid pretentious fan.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Victor's Karl Lagerfeld impersonation is definitely working my last nerve. I'm about ready to track him down so I can burn that stupid pretentious fan.
    WeakAnkles, thanks for the good laugh!!!

What is your take on men without socks??? I personally don't like it unless it's causal dress...jeans and shorts!!

LOL - I hate that fan, too. I don't think it's a trend that will catch on in menswear..

Dee, I agree with you on the topic of men's socks..... Also, while I personally don't care for guys wearing skinny pants nor do I care of the ultra baggies either), I often wonder why they are also short and show a couple of inches of sock. Maybe it's my generation, but we mocked each other for having 'high water' pants.

I thought Isaac was going to tear into Seth over his comment about Marge. Anyhow, between Seth & Jeffery, I thought they both should have gotten the boot.

I agree both Seth Aaron & Jeffrey's designs were poor but Jeffrey's was ugly plus this was the 4th time (?) in the bottom for him but Seth Aaron's 1st, I think?

Custom Title
    I think men who wear dress pants without socks should be made to do so in Antarctica and the North Pole...SUFFER FOR YOUR FASHION!

Isaac really is turning into a bitchy old queen isn't he.

The longer the season goes on the more I am convinced they are trying to throw the win to Viktor or Christopher.

What the hell happened to Anthony Ryan? He looked like he escaped from a mental hospital.

for me, I feel like the judges want Elena to win. She's been pretty consistently in the top.

Glad Irina won the challenge.

What the hell happened to Anthony Ryan? He looked like he escaped from a mental hospital.
    WeakAnkles, thanks for the laugh. When I saw him I thought...why??? Some designers are just different I guess. I don't get it. Look at Georgina Chapman, beautiful!!!

Custom Title

I just watched that episode. Anthony Ryan looked seriously odd. That headstyle! (I can't call it a hairstyle. It looked as if paint was involved.) And his shorts! He made Viktor's fan look as sober as a briefcase. I hope that's not the latest look for the well-dressed man about town.

Sorry to see Irina go, even though I really didn't like her dress. So many of her other designs were super. I would have loved to see a collection from her. I actually thought Elena should have gotten the boot because she gets so crazy about the design and isn't that what the show is all about. I liked Seth's top of his dress, not the bottom. Didn't like Viktor's, it looked heavy. Korto's dress was sheer luck for her. Christopher's dress was classic...too bad Georgina wasn't there.

Custom Title
    Sometimes you just want to smack these designers on the head and tell them, Wake up! Every time there has been a "design a dress for retail that will be produced" challenge, the best of the simple-to-produce designs wins. It's not rocket science after 23478993478234 seasons (at least it is beginning to feel like that many seasons at this point). It's production costs--no retailer aimed at mass market is going to produce a design that is too costly to manufacture. Jeez! And then they should remember that this is QVC we're talking about--home to Bedazzle Hell and other tacky clothes (Mrs Quackenbush or whatever her name was--essentially bedazzled sweat suits. UGH!).

Did anyone like Elena's jacket??? I thought it was a "going home jacket." It was the style that got me, wasn't that an 80's style??? I liked Christopher's dress, the color and the lace....Nina is crazy and rude...I'm glad that Christopher responded to her the way he did.

I'll wait until tomorrow to make other comments.

Custom Title
    I'm not AT ALL a Christopher fan, but that was a MAJOR bee-yotch slap--and La Nina totally deserved it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast