Most Beautiful/Handsome Female/Male Skaters ever? Just physical appearance :) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Most Beautiful/Handsome Female/Male Skaters ever? Just physical appearance :)

Jewels

On the Ice
Thank you for welcoming Mathman ;) I'll try to post as often as I can, though I'm no expert at figure skating haha :biggrin:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I mostly agree with you on this, Blue, but there are always the swimmers and divers....But I'd far rather watch skating than swimming or diving.

I used to think that way too. Now I still think some divers, not all of them, have very beautiful bodies. However, during 2008 Olympics TV coverage, there was a segment talking about how special Michael Phelps' body was which has given him the enormous advantage for fast swimming. I have since realized that the best body type for swimming is long torso, long arms, and short legs. That has totally affected my perspective on viewing swimmer's bodies as the most beautiful body type.:laugh: I still enjoy very much on watching swimming though.

Thank you for welcoming Mathman ;) I'll try to post as often as I can, though I'm no expert at figure skating haha :biggrin:

There are only a few experts here. Most of us, including myself, are amateurs.:) Enjoy your time here!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I mostly agree with you on this, Blue, but there are always the swimmers and divers....But I'd far rather watch skating than swimming or diving.

All that chlorine destroys your skin.
All swimmers have terrible facial skin. I met Nathalie Coughlin in real life and her skin was bad.
Another thing is their un-proportional body. Un-proportional torso compare to arms, legs, head. Just odd looking people. :)

Most girls standing next to Kiira would look like a troll. Or a maid beaten by an ugly stick. I'm a big Kwan fan, but Michelle Kwan? Really? You put Kwan and Korpi next to each other and you pick Kwan as the pretty one? Maybe her husband likes to post in this forum. ;)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
WOW!!!!! :eek: I didn't realise!!! :eek: How did I miss hearing that???!!!

And what a lovely couple they make :) :

http://dailyhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/photo-2.jpg

CaroLiza_fan

They look wonderful together! and they both seem like lovely people

Speaking of gorgeous couples, did anyone see Punsalan and Swallow interviewed by Tanith on Ice Network? They are so impressive as people and as a loving couple with children, and both looked great.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Yuzuru hasn't been mentioned yet I don't think, but I find his type of beauty to be quite unique compared to other male skaters.

I think Jeffrey Buttle is also very good looking.

Andrew Poje is always :love:

Kirsten MT is very pretty in the girl next door way. Julia Lipnitskaia comes to mind when i think 'cold beauty.'

Big Deal

Final Flight
The most beautiful ladies:
Kiira Korpi
Katja Gordeeva
Yu-Na Kim

The most handsome men:
Sergei Grinkov
John Zimmermann,
Andrew Poje

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kiira is the most beautiful girl all around.
The other names mentioned are really odd. Some of them look like trolls next to miss sunshine honey dripping human beauty perfection.

I picked Kiira, too, but that doesn't mean others are not beautiful, too. Yu Na, Michelle, Sasha, Gracie, Shizuka, Tanith, Meryl--there is a case to be made for all of them, and many others as well. Kiira's beauty is conventional. Some of the others are more unconventional, but to call them trolls is insulting and just plain wrong.

I picked Kiira, too, but that doesn't mean others are not beautiful, too. Yu Na, Michelle, Sasha, Gracie, Shizuka, Tanith, Meryl--there is a case to be made for all of them, and many others as well. Kiira's beauty is conventional. Some of the others are more unconventional, but to call them trolls is insulting and just plain wrong.

Definitely.

And the idea that there is one narrow category of beauty is so limiting. Imagine trying to compare, say, Elizabeth Taylor at the age of about 19 (probably her peak of gorgeousness) with Grace Kelly in her twenties (actually, her look is very close to Kiira's). Or Gong Li or Angela Bassett. What's the point in it? All are stunning, though different people may prefer one over the others.

This is true for men as well. You can sigh over someone like Jude Law or Orlando Bloom, for example, and still have your heart go pitty-pat over Alain Delon, Billy Dee Williams, or Jet Li (possibly the handsomest man in all of China).

This is the moment to be greedy! Why limit yourself to admiring just one person or type?

shameful I forgot Shizuka Arakawa

Hey, it takes a village to make a complete list! If one of us forgets, someone else remembers. I forgot Kiira Korpi at first!

Oh! Speaking of forgetting. I think I mentioned Marina Klimova in the couples list, but I haven't brought her up here. She definitely belongs.

SimplyLex

On the Ice
So, new to this forum, definitely not new to FS. I thought I'd jump in with my first post in a pleasant thread like this one ;)

Men:
Brian Joubert is the most handsome/manly/hot/beautiful male skater I've seen BY FAR. He's like out of this world, so perfect :love:
others include: Gewndal Peizerat, Ilia Averbukh, Fabian Bourzat, John Kerr, Tomas Verner, Charlie White, Andrew Poje. And Povilas Vanagas, as he got older (and I mean like 35-40 years old older).
(and 7 of them are ice dancers... hm...)

Ladies:
Maria Butyrskaya, Elena Berezhnaya, Margarita Drobiazko, Tanith Belbin, Nathalie Pechalat, Anna Cappellini, Elena Ilinykh, Alissa Czisny.
(again, 5 of the above are ice dancers)

I'm starting to think ice dance is where the beautiful people are :laugh:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I believe Marina Zueva's son who placed I think third at least one in Canada's nationals was supposedly good looking and a GAP model - Fedor Andreev??? might have been his name. I think Nicole Bobek before the drugs, dubreil and lauzon, Korpi, Wagner, Cohen, Zimmerman, Jessica Dube, gordeeva and Grinkov, Elena I, Gracie Gold were all very good looking skaters.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Fedor Andreev, he modeled for A&F and other companies...Skate For Canada in singles then dance for Russia. He coaches now in Detroit.
here he is with Charlie White:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2zrm1pc.jpg

I haven't seen Jeremy Abbott mentioned yet. I think he's adorable.
Evan Lysacek, Stephane Lambiel, Luca Lanotte, Andrew Poje, Zach Donohue, Alexei Yagudin, Ryan Bradley.

Ladies:
Elena I, Anna Cappellini, Sasha Cohen, Kaitlyn Weaver, Gracie Gold, Alissa Czisny, Amanda Evora, Jamie Sale, etc..

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
;) many names...I read skater's names, who aren't beautiful or handsome for me...not at all!! This is really matter of taste..

the most beautiful women for me: Yuna, Alyssa,Tanith, Kiira,E. Bereznaya, A. Stepanova, Bobek, Gordeeva, E. Ilinikh, G. Gold, Witt, A. Martyusheva, Miki
cute: Mao, Lu Chen, Cohen,
sexy: Navka, N. Pechalat, Tessa
men: Weir, Rippon, Lambiel-but they lack of sex appeal, and I talking about their physical appearance only-Joubert, Kulik, Abt, Andreev,
cute: Daisuke, Yuzuru
sexy: Plushenko( I'm sure many poster disagre with his name, but I'm also sure maybe only Takahashi has so many montages on Youtube, which praise his sexy appearance, not to mention the romantic fanfictions on internet:eek::, and he had a stalker too, Trankov,Candeloro, Peizerat, Moir

I'm sure I forgot many names....

Plushyfan! There are romance fanfictions on the Internet about Plushy? That is so cool. I love the web.

I think he belongs on your "sexy" list because it's obvious he inspires intense emotion in so many, in a way that few other skaters do. He doesn't have to be everyone's cup of tea in order to qualify. I'm sure there are other skaters with this level of ardent followers. Hey, if rock stars can have screaming fans, why not our beloved skaters?

When you come right down to it, in terms of bodies, pretty much all skaters will be attractive, because they're so fit, have wonderful muscles, and also usually have great posture and move gracefully. Beyond that, it mostly depends on personal taste--except when it comes to someone like Korpi or Joubert, of course. Their appeal seems to be just about universal.

Thank you for mentioning Andreev! Shame on the rest of us for forgetting him. That guy is an Adonis.