Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Most Beautiful/Handsome Female/Male Skaters ever? Just physical appearance :)

Medalist
    Thank you for welcoming Mathman I'll try to post as often as I can, though I'm no expert at figure skating haha

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I mostly agree with you on this, Blue, but there are always the swimmers and divers....But I'd far rather watch skating than swimming or diving.
    I used to think that way too. Now I still think some divers, not all of them, have very beautiful bodies. However, during 2008 Olympics TV coverage, there was a segment talking about how special Michael Phelps' body was which has given him the enormous advantage for fast swimming. I have since realized that the best body type for swimming is long torso, long arms, and short legs. That has totally affected my perspective on viewing swimmer's bodies as the most beautiful body type. I still enjoy very much on watching swimming though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Thank you for welcoming Mathman I'll try to post as often as I can, though I'm no expert at figure skating haha
    There are only a few experts here. Most of us, including myself, are amateurs. Enjoy your time here!

Custom Title
    I mostly agree with you on this, Blue, but there are always the swimmers and divers....But I'd far rather watch skating than swimming or diving.
    All that chlorine destroys your skin.
    All swimmers have terrible facial skin. I met Nathalie Coughlin in real life and her skin was bad.
    Another thing is their un-proportional body. Un-proportional torso compare to arms, legs, head. Just odd looking people.

Most girls standing next to Kiira would look like a troll. Or a maid beaten by an ugly stick. I'm a big Kwan fan, but Michelle Kwan? Really? You put Kwan and Korpi next to each other and you pick Kwan as the pretty one? Maybe her husband likes to post in this forum.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    WOW!!!!! I didn't realise!!! How did I miss hearing that???!!!

And what a lovely couple they make :

http://dailyhouse.com/wp-content/upl...04/photo-2.jpg

CaroLiza_fan
    They look wonderful together! and they both seem like lovely people

Speaking of gorgeous couples, did anyone see Punsalan and Swallow interviewed by Tanith on Ice Network? They are so impressive as people and as a loving couple with children, and both looked great.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    The most beautiful lady:

Ekaterina Gordeeva - so natural and beautiful!

The most beautiful men:

Sergei Grinkov

John Zimmerman

Andrew Poje
    Bluebonnet, you and I have the same taste!

Custom Title
    Yuzuru hasn't been mentioned yet I don't think, but I find his type of beauty to be quite unique compared to other male skaters.

I think Jeffrey Buttle is also very good looking.

Andrew Poje is always

Kirsten MT is very pretty in the girl next door way. Julia Lipnitskaia comes to mind when i think 'cold beauty.'

Custom Title
    The most beautiful ladies:
    Kiira Korpi
    Katja Gordeeva
    Yu-Na Kim

The most handsome men:
    Sergei Grinkov
    John Zimmermann,
    Andrew Poje

Custom Title
    And Shizuka Arakawa.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Kiira is the most beautiful girl all around.
    The other names mentioned are really odd. Some of them look like trolls next to miss sunshine honey dripping human beauty perfection.
    I picked Kiira, too, but that doesn't mean others are not beautiful, too. Yu Na, Michelle, Sasha, Gracie, Shizuka, Tanith, Meryl--there is a case to be made for all of them, and many others as well. Kiira's beauty is conventional. Some of the others are more unconventional, but to call them trolls is insulting and just plain wrong.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    I picked Kiira, too, but that doesn't mean others are not beautiful, too. Yu Na, Michelle, Sasha, Gracie, Shizuka, Tanith, Meryl--there is a case to be made for all of them, and many others as well. Kiira's beauty is conventional. Some of the others are more unconventional, but to call them trolls is insulting and just plain wrong.
    Definitely.

And the idea that there is one narrow category of beauty is so limiting. Imagine trying to compare, say, Elizabeth Taylor at the age of about 19 (probably her peak of gorgeousness) with Grace Kelly in her twenties (actually, her look is very close to Kiira's). Or Gong Li or Angela Bassett. What's the point in it? All are stunning, though different people may prefer one over the others.

This is true for men as well. You can sigh over someone like Jude Law or Orlando Bloom, for example, and still have your heart go pitty-pat over Alain Delon, Billy Dee Williams, or Jet Li (possibly the handsomest man in all of China).

This is the moment to be greedy! Why limit yourself to admiring just one person or type?

And Shizuka Arakawa.
    shameful I forgot Shizuka Arakawa

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    shameful I forgot Shizuka Arakawa
    Hey, it takes a village to make a complete list! If one of us forgets, someone else remembers. I forgot Kiira Korpi at first!

Oh! Speaking of forgetting. I think I mentioned Marina Klimova in the couples list, but I haven't brought her up here. She definitely belongs.

Rinkside
    Men: Tomáš Verner
    Ladies: Katerina Witt

Custom Title
    So, new to this forum, definitely not new to FS. I thought I'd jump in with my first post in a pleasant thread like this one

Men:
    Brian Joubert is the most handsome/manly/hot/beautiful male skater I've seen BY FAR. He's like out of this world, so perfect
    others include: Gewndal Peizerat, Ilia Averbukh, Fabian Bourzat, John Kerr, Tomas Verner, Charlie White, Andrew Poje. And Povilas Vanagas, as he got older (and I mean like 35-40 years old older).
    (and 7 of them are ice dancers... hm...)

Ladies:
    Maria Butyrskaya, Elena Berezhnaya, Margarita Drobiazko, Tanith Belbin, Nathalie Pechalat, Anna Cappellini, Elena Ilinykh, Alissa Czisny.
    (again, 5 of the above are ice dancers)

I'm starting to think ice dance is where the beautiful people are

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Welcome to GS! Post long and often!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast