2013 Skate America Pairs Free Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Pairs Free Program

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Who?

Just kidding. I'm not a superfan of V/T, but based on some of the comments I've seen, I'll give them another try on video, or maybe their next competition.

I'm not a huge fan either. I actually don't like their LP this season but I do like the SP. I prefer S/S overall.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
V/T will be remembered for their raw power and big skills
not necessarily because of all about the programs.

and yet some delusional people still whine and cry over their beloved robbed S/S :rolleye:
how pitiful and reverse tactics, and please T/M cannot be compared to V/T they T/M were boring, nothing interesting and those horrible 3 twists. better find another comparison :laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker

and yet some delusional people still whine and cry over their beloved robbed S/S :rolleye:
how pitiful and reverse tactics, and please T/M cannot be compared to V/T they T/M were boring, nothing interesting and those horrible 3 twists. better find another comparison :laugh:

I rather thought that WAS the point blue_idealist was making? That V/T would be more memorable Olympic champions than T/M?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
V/T's technical elements are polished now, but I really wish they could add more transitions and emotion into the programs to reflect the amazing score.....

Pairs is the only "Gold" medal that Russians can fight for in Sochi, I understand how they push all their efforts to ensure this medal,,,,in the meanwhile, they are destroying the Pairs competition..... now I feel like Pairs is like table tennis, synchro swimming ,,, I can tell the result without opening my eyes....

I wonder if V/T will be the Olympic champion that wont be memorised after many many years,,,because so far they still dont have any programs that touch audience's heart deeply.......
I would not crown V and T oly champs. They have not really grown technically ie they do not have a bigger throw to replace the salchow and individually they are not doing loops, flips or lutzes.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I would not crown V and T oly champs. They have not really grown technically ie they do not have a bigger throw to replace the salchow and individually they are not doing loops, flips or lutzes.

right, that belongs to Megan Stiffboard Duhamel and Robot Radford
probably wish another scenario of results like the deplorable Pair and Crocodile teared Sale/Pelettier

dream on, unless other teams throw in big twits and jumps it's all in the GOE in the CoP
speed, power counts the most never mind the most artistic ? who ? S/S repititive, P/T way passed the peak
or better D/R aka the walking robots ? lmao :popcorn:

yqs100

On the Ice
probably wish another scenario of results like the deplorable Pair and Crocodile teared Sale/Pelettier

dream on, unless other teams throw in big twits and jumps it's all in the GOE in the CoP
speed, power counts the most never mind the most artistic ? who ? S/S repititive, P/T way passed the peak

D/R is leading the direction of Pairs,,,, more difficult jumps + complicated transitions,,,,,,, tried so hard to see the beauty of their skating, but I failed....

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
D/R is leading the direction of Pairs,,,, more difficult jumps + complicated transitions,,,,,,, tried so hard to see the beauty of their skating, but I failed....

like what the 3LZ throw ? S/S are doing 3A even if they were not the first pairs to do it

Duhamel isnt really a pairs material
they have no lines whatsoever and her lift positions are horrendous
can't say who is more horrible though the robots D/R or the deplorable S/P

KatEll

Rinkside

Some people will never learn. :rolleye:...

"Name calling is a cognitive bias and a technique to promote propaganda. Propagandists use the name-calling technique to incite fears or arouse positive prejudices with the intent that invoked fear (based on fearmongering tactics) or trust will encourage those that read, see or hear propaganda to construct a negative opinion, in respect to the former, or a positive opinion, with respect to the latter, about a person, group, or set of beliefs or ideas that the propagandist would wish the recipients to believe. The method is intended to provoke conclusions and actions about a matter apart from an impartial examinations of the facts of the matter. When this tactic is used instead of an argument, name-calling is thus a substitute for rational, fact-based arguments against an idea or belief, based upon its own merits, and becomes an argumentum ad hominem."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_calling

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Some people will never learn. :rolleye:...

"Name calling is a cognitive bias and a technique to promote propaganda. Propagandists use the name-calling technique to incite fears or arouse positive prejudices with the intent that invoked fear (based on fearmongering tactics) or trust will encourage those that read, see or hear propaganda to construct a negative opinion, in respect to the former, or a positive opinion, with respect to the latter, about a person, group, or set of beliefs or ideas that the propagandist would wish the recipients to believe. The method is intended to provoke conclusions and actions about a matter apart from an impartial examinations of the facts of the matter. When this tactic is used instead of an argument, name-calling is thus a substitute for rational, fact-based arguments against an idea or belief, based upon its own merits, and becomes an argumentum ad hominem."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_calling

so a conjunctive response to you is a troll ?
is this your 3rd account, I swore there was a katya and then KatiEI account

nice try though

KatEll

Rinkside
Conjunctive response? Nice try.

I did not bold 'crocodile teared Sale/Pelettier' because you added the 'ed' onto 'tear', although I am sure you meant it to be derogatory. When you embed negative descriptions into people's names, it becomes name calling.

I can't say I am surprised someone like you is unable to understand the difference.

ETA: There is also a difference between a troll and a bully.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
like what the 3LZ throw ? S/S are doing 3A even if they were not the first pairs to do it

What about their SBS triple lutzes... especially when most ladies on the singles side can't even execute a clean 3Z?

If you don't like D/R that's fine, but their base value shows that they're pushing the technical side of pairs. Certainly beats the typical SBS 3T's or 3S's, and 3L/3S throws, that have been the benchmark for decades. I agree that Duhamel isn't a "conventional" pairs partner because of her build (she's a powerhouse type, and not a slender girl that just gets thrown around), but Radford is probably one of the most artistic male partners out there.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

Like I have said before S&S are the only ones who have had many controversial wins and medals. V&T in fact havent had any yet. Whatever you think of their scores for a particular performance there is not a single result they had one can say they shouldnt have won this or that. In fact V&T were arguably robbed of winning both the 2012 Grand Prix final (where they skated 2 clean programs and lost to S&S who had mistakes) and Worlds (where they had major mistakes in the short, but S&S had mistakes in both programs while V&T had an amazing and perfect long).

There is certainly no defense to them not winning over V&T right now. They havent even skated at a level comparable to V&T since the 2012 season now. At Worlds last year they did not even deserve their silver and were booed by the crowd for the result. However that isnt even their most controversial achievements- 2008 Worlds gold farce where both the Zhangs and Dube & Davison should have beaten them, and their 2011 Europeans title over a cleaner and more inspired K&S, just to top the list.

Listen to Eurosports reaction to their farcial win at the 2008 Worlds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAxTbMwnf6o

Also read Sonia Bianchetti's summary:

http://www.soniabianchetti.com/writings_scandinavium.html

In the pairs, the first place to Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy of Germany was questionable. They won the title but they were not the best in the field, in my opinion. They did not skate at their best. They were not perfect. They opened with an outstanding throw triple flip but on their second element, a triple toe-loop/triple toe-loop sequence, Savchenko had a poor landing on the first jump, and then they messed up their side-by-side triple Salchows when he fell and she put both hands down to keep from falling as well. Through their program they skated with great intensity, in perfect unison, a bit slow. Despite the two important errors, the Germans received the highest Technical Score for the event and they also were scored highest in Personal Components. This, in my opinion as well as that of many other officials and journalists, was not correct. An Easter gift to the European Champions?

Atleast V&T have never had the stigma of an embarssing win like that. V&T are only 1 time World Champs despite that they have proven they can actually skate clean programs, while overrated S&S who cant buy one to save their lives their whole carer and were given many wins and huge scores with glaring falls and stumbles even in World competition and have 4 World titles to only 1 for V&T are the poor mistreated souls. Dont make me laugh.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
What about their SBS triple lutzes... especially when most ladies on the singles side can't even execute a clean 3Z?

If you don't like D/R that's fine, but their base value shows that they're pushing the technical side of pairs. Certainly beats the typical SBS 3T's or 3S's, and 3L/3S throws, that have been the benchmark for decades. I agree that Duhamel isn't a "conventional" pairs partner because of her build (she's a powerhouse type, and not a slender girl that just gets thrown around), but Radford is probably one of the most artistic male partners out there.

3lutz ? you made it sound like they are a benchmark for pair skating , if that was so were the deplorable S/P
their merits of their so called attemps when they were not doing it first in the first place
I'd atke MT-M over these two, at least they can skate cleaner programs and has a pair quality into them
MT/M have a chance to beat thee two I guess it all comes down to how we see in SC and Canadian Nationals

I agree Duhamel, is stocky built, horrible lines and horrendous looking lifts
I cannot find a single artistry on her nor Radford, he is artistic ? a rock is artistic I guess :unsure:

lcd

Match Penalty
ooooh.... this is one the nastiest threads I've come across in a long while .... lots of strong opinions seems fine ... but the delivery :slink: