Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Thread: 2013 Skate America Ladies Free Program

Custom Title
    I am consistently amused by the aftermath of competitions after (predictable) controversial calls and system wide over marking (national interest) than the competition themselves. To enable TPTB to go even more bat crazy with justification and all this non sense about 'momentum' building based on over marking is just hilarious and often too absurd not to laugh. Guess what, Mao's next 2 competitions is in Japan, then 1 in Russia Hmmm... I simply CAN NOT wait for more magic potion effect by the time of NHK!!! Maybe we will see 135 with Four triples Mao. 3A, 3/3, 2A3T still not necessary That beat her incredible 2010 WC FS... oh really?! We might as well get more rule changed and it all over and done with. Why not just create more reward for hypothetical maximum 'efforts' and see even more increase values for step sequences and 3loops. Why not just make 3loop and 3A mandatory?! Oh why not just fix it already!!!

It seems the tech panel list does include Shin Amano, but since when did he get demoted (punished) to ASSISTANT technical caller? Does that mean he can get his calls over turned? I'd be curious if there are records of calls over turned on these protocol spreadsheets.

In a way, it is hard not to sympathise for Mao fans and their desperate attempt to protect her reputation by hog the boards. Imagine years of waiting for something semi decent outside her own country. MaoKakaPao!! It explain the passive aggressive mob tactic these past few pages of the Skate America thread. Anyone who dares to question her mark and her prone to UR (regardless of expertise level, non affiliation, from multiple sources and languages of the international press circle) is suddenly branded a hater and being called biased as some sort of vindication. Uhh... hello? The problem is still there?! It doesn't just miraculously go away when you attempt censorship. To continue to do so can make Mao looks even worse. Hush critics through name calling is entirely ridiculous and silly. Biases exist everywhere, == we all same, and please look up the word hypocrite?

As far as I can see, no one hate Mao, no one think she shouldn't be the winner at this competition, but many do think the marks are over scored/out of control, and calls have been ridiculously lenient. So just chillax, take it easy. Consider Four triples Mao herself isn't so happy with her own performance, so why are the defenders going bat crazy trying to hush all the comments with her 'effort' argument? Feed backs are important, good or bad, it is how one learn to improve.

For the record, I praised her SP before (when the music track fit), but dislike her Swan lake for its COP program construct, interpretation and performance. The foot sequence is an exercise of good technical design and skating skills but were at complete odds with the rest of the program and theme, that practically heckle the judges for marks and stood out to an imbalanced program. Hardly cohesive performance or design, nor are all performed with the same degree of energy and artistic effort. Mao is one of those transparent skater (her best quality but greatest weaknesses) that goes: I hit 3A, I am happy, then rest of the performance usually goes okay. If she didn't hit the 3A, the rest goes a bit crap and a battle to finish like her FS here. To put it simply, her FS was not a good performance that justified the mark. Her mark shouldn't be anywhere ear 130 Olympic Joannie Level or even her previous 130+ level, and some of her PCS marks are highly questionable consider what she actually did ON THE DAY. A bunch of 9.75 and 9.5 for PCS. Oh really?! So others have max ceiling of 10, Mao need to have a maximum ceiling of 15 now?

My first impression of Rach 2 was that it not that different in her Swan Lake in program construct. A very expensive piece of over priced premium steak with no seasoning and undercooked with a blow torch. Once again, the team is hoping that the prestige of the music and cultural legitimacy can compensate for any inadequacy of artistry/creativity of the program.. so imagine me ROTFLMAO when hearing the British lady commentator for Eurosport come up with practically exactly the same feedback and feelings with what I felt about her Swan Lake program last year. Opinion validated by the 6 time British national champion, not bad. It seems German commentators were underwhelmed by the performance too, so are the Russians, and some Americans like Phil, except Wagner ofcourse who happen to share the same sport agency as Mao, whos knows fully well where the GPF is taking place this year. Hey who knows her nice comments may just increase her +3 PCS points at the GPF. Interesting interesting....

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    I am consistently amused by the aftermath of competitions after (predictable) controversial calls and system wide over marking (national interest) than the competition themselves. To enable TPTB to go even more bat crazy with justification and all this non sense about 'momentum' building based on over marking is just hilarious and often too absurd not to laugh. Guess what, Mao's next 2 competitions is in Japan, then 1 in Russia Hmmm... I simply CAN NOT wait for more magic potion effect by the time of NHK!!! Maybe we will see 135 with Four triples Mao. 3A, 3/3, 2A3T still not necessary That beat her incredible 2010 WC FS... oh really?! We might as well get more rule changed and it all over and done with. Why not just create more reward for hypothetical maximum 'efforts' and see even more increase values for step sequences and 3loops. Why not just make 3loop and 3A mandatory?! Oh why not just fix it already!!!

It seems the tech panel list does include Shin Amano, but since when did he get demoted (punished) to ASSISTANT technical caller? Does that mean he can get his calls over turned? I'd be curious if there are records of calls over turned on these protocol spreadsheets.

In a way, it is hard not to sympathise for Mao fans and their desperate attempt to protect her reputation by hog the boards. Imagine years of waiting for something semi decent outside her own country. MaoKakaPao!! It explain the passive aggressive mob tactic these past few pages of the Skate America thread. Anyone who dares to question her mark and her prone to UR (regardless of expertise level, non affiliation, from multiple sources and languages of the international press circle) is suddenly branded a hater and being called biased as some sort of vindication. Uhh... hello? The problem is still there?! It doesn't just miraculously go away when you attempt censorship. To continue to do so can make Mao looks even worse. Hush critics through name calling is entirely ridiculous and silly. Biases exist everywhere, == we all same, and please look up the word hypocrite?

As far as I can see, no one hate Mao, no one think she shouldn't be the winner at this competition, but many do think the marks are over scored/out of control, and calls have been ridiculously lenient. So just chillax, take it easy. Consider Four triples Mao herself isn't so happy with her own performance, so why are the defenders going bat crazy trying to hush all the comments with her 'effort' argument? Feed backs are important, good or bad, it is how one learn to improve.

For the record, I praised her SP before (when the music track fit), but dislike her Swan lake for its COP program construct, interpretation and performance. The foot sequence is an exercise of good technical design and skating skills but were at complete odds with the rest of the program and theme, that practically heckle the judges for marks and stood out to an imbalanced program. Hardly cohesive performance or design, nor are all performed with the same degree of energy and artistic effort. Mao is one of those transparent skater (her best quality but greatest weaknesses) that goes: I hit 3A, I am happy, then rest of the performance usually goes okay. If she didn't hit the 3A, the rest goes a bit crap and a battle to finish like her FS here. To put it simply, her FS was not a good performance that justified the mark. Her mark shouldn't be anywhere ear 130 Olympic Joannie Level or even her previous 130+ level, and some of her PCS marks are highly questionable consider what she actually did ON THE DAY. A bunch of 9.75 and 9.5 for PCS. Oh really?! So others have max ceiling of 10, Mao need to have a maximum ceiling of 15 now?

My first impression of Rach 2 was that it not that different in her Swan Lake in program construct. A very expensive piece of over priced premium steak with no seasoning and undercooked with a blow torch. Once again, the team is hoping that the prestige of the music and cultural legitimacy can compensate for any inadequacy of artistry/creativity of the program.. so imagine me ROTFLMAO when hearing the British lady commentator for Eurosport come up with practically exactly the same feedback and feelings with what I felt about her Swan Lake program last year. Opinion validated by the 6 time British national champion, not bad. It seems German commentators were underwhelmed by the performance too, so are the Russians, and some Americans like Phil, except Wagner ofcourse who happen to share the same sport agency as Mao, whos knows fully well where the GPF is taking place this year. Hey who knows her nice comments may just increase her +3 PCS points at the GPF. Interesting interesting....
    How furious and long-winded will your post be when Mao scores over 70 PCS on Rach 2 without a 3A? More importantly, when you take your kids out skating, are you going to ban them from attempting 3A or 3Loop or will you have gotten over your bitterness by the time Asada has retired?

On the Ice

Maye you should take some of your own advice first.
    If there is anyone who never misses a chance to write something derogatory everytime there is a discussion about Mao it's you.
    And the purpose of your efforts is very obvious. I mean to provide the necessary feedback, of course.

and please look up the word hypocrite?
    I did and it fits you to a T!

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by enzet View Post

Maye you should take some of your own advice first.
    If there is anyone who never misses a chance to write something derogatory everytime there is a discussion about Mao it's you.
    And the purpose of your efforts is very obvious. I mean to provide the necessary feedback, of course.

I did and it fits you to a T!
    I'd like to preemptively ask any dedicated fans of Mao Asada to refrain from posting "ITA", , , or . Clearly you are dealing with an emotionally frail creature with highly delicate sensibilities. If you post any of the above things, then os168 may interpret such actions as censorship or bullying. We'd like to keep this forum welcome to fans and enemies of all skaters.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ OK, I will change my tune. Here is my new plan, in my role as Mao's secret advisor.

But first... To me, what makes Mao the Einstein of figure skating is not how many triple jumps she does. It is the quality of her movement across the ice. I am sorry to see her compromise the aspect of her skating that makes it brilliant, merely to up the jump count.

So here is what she should do. Set aside the first fifteen seconds for a triple Axel. Stroke up to speed, here we go, do or die. If she makes it, yay, she's got a 9 or 10 point lead over the other ladies right off the bat. If she misses, that's still 6 points or so in the bag, and no harm done to the rest of the program PCS-wise.

Now start the program. Melt our hearts, stir our souls, be the Mao that only you can be. Use the jumps to punctuate the choreography, not as a laundry list to check off. Give 'em passion, give 'em wow, leave 'em shouting "Mao, Mao, Mao!"
    Midori Ito used to plan her programs like that in the pro competitions.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    I read that interview by Rukavitsin. He said that even 2 jumps were URed by Mao. As for my opinion, I think she is great I absolutely liked her skating no matter what
    That's right with the protocol that Mao underrotated her two double loops in the triple flip combo. I like Mao's skating most now than before because she doesn't just skate light but also powerful at the same time and that is a rare beauty to my eyes.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Os posts about Mao always amuses me. She rarely likes any programs Mao puts out yet has dedicated long posts/analysis to why she doesn't like the program and why Mao's scores are inflated. And I don't see defenders here labeling anyone as "haters" or any mob tactic? Lol Exaggerating much? There were non-Japanese commentators who liked her programs such as Sandra Bezic and the CBC commentators, but what do I know, this could all be part of a conspiracy to build her momentum! And why would anyone want to take Hersh's comments seriously? Someone who was so willing to choose Gold over Wagner after just one good skate.

Custom Title
    Sorry, I have no comments regarding this Mao discussion. Just wanted to tell that I read Ashley will be having new dresses for her programmes. I think her SP dress is very nice, the FS less pretty. I was hoping that she would have a burgundy dress, and now I heard that that's the colour she has chosen for the new dress. Can't wait to see it!

Am I the only one that loves her music choice? I love her dress as well. I guess she really wants that gold because her dress is blue

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35