2013 Skate America Ladies Free Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Ladies Free Program

riceplate

On the Ice
An overloaded slow middle section with those back-to-back jumps, but a terrific skate from Liza.

What's with all these Olympic music staples this afternoon? Butterfly Lovers, Malaguena, and now Carmen?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
question for Tuk .

why good in FS and bad in SP ?
Shouldnt be FS more frightening to compete in longer minutes :scratch:

Sara

On the Ice
Caroline skated really bad, popping lots of jumps :( Her presentation was equally bad. Poor her. Liza did very well!

Maxi

Rinkside
question for Tuk .

why good in FS and bad in SP ?
Shouldnt be FS more frightening to compete in longer minutes :scratch:
I think it's because she Knows she can redo the jump or add something in the free. The SP has just 2 jumps and a combo.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Samantha CESARIO (USA)

Music: Carmen by Georges Bizet; Carmen by Rodion Shchedrin

Black dress, deep back. Lots of sparkle on top

3Lz - e
3Lo
3F+2T
FSSp
3S
LSp
3Lo+2A+SEQ
3F+2T+2Lo
StSq
CCoSp
2A
ChSt - nice spread eagle into split into arabesque camel

Wow, clean skate. She needs more speed, though, and the program was empty in parts.

Score: 56.98+57.49 = 114.47 (PB), 167.98 (PB), and in 2nd out of 3

seniorita

Record Breaker
She has said in an interview she feels more stressed in sp and more relaxed in Lp, I dont think it is fear of competing, but she certainly has issues with the opening combo in sp.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Cesario is :love::love::love: Her PCS should be at least as high as Liza's, but it certainly won't...

samson

Medalist
Only started watching halfway through Samantha's footwork. The playback looks like she had some good triples. The footwork is AMAZING. Her style is wonderful. I hope to see a lot more of her in the future.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She has said in an interview she feels more stressed in sp and more relaxed in Lp, I dont think it is fear of competing, but she certainly has issues with the opening combo in sp.

its called an SP headcase
I have never seen anyone bury their standings so bad in their SP that even a lights outs LP wont be enough for a medal like Tuk does

samson

Medalist
114+ for that. I feel like that score could have been higher, but somehow I'm not surprised. Good for her though, big improvement from the sp.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I am using the hahabar.com link posted earlier in the thread - thank you!!!!! rewatching Machida, how in the world will the Japanese choose?

starryxskies

On the Ice
I am using the hahabar.com link posted earlier in the thread - thank you!!!!! rewatching Machida, how in the world will the Japanese choose?
But then I remember back to GPF and JN last season where Machida was truly a disaster. There's still 2 months, afterall.

I love how Mae Berenice isn't wearing a dress, very refreshing. Although the way the skates are white against the black pants holder are a little distracting. She's doing amazing though.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA)

Music: Europa by Jean-Pierre Danel; We Will Rock You KCPK; La Grange by Jean-Pierre Danel

Black jump suit, open back. Sparkle (silver and blue) on top

2A
3S+3T - looked around on replay
3Lz
3F
3Lo+2T - no speed out, hop on toe
StSq
CoSp
3Lo
3T+2T+2T
FCCoSp
ChSq
LSp

Strong skate from Meite w/ 7 triples. Still needs to work on speed and posture

Score: 58.31+53.20=111.51 (PB), 167.35 (PB), in 3rd (out of 4)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Mae was definetly in her business, I like her attack on that program :)

samson

Medalist
Nice skate for Mae Berenice! This crowd is really into the skating today. I wonder how it will stack up against Samantha.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I appreciate Meite's athleticism and this sort of program suits her, but she needs a lot more polish and there were some lapses where she just stopped doing anything with her arms/hands, for a second I thought she'd forgotten her choreography. And I lost interest in the program about halfway through--I think the music cuts needed to have more variety in there for something the length of an FS.