2013 Skate America Ladies Free Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Ladies Free Program

FlattFan

Match Penalty
NBC never shows a pairs winning program from Skate America. Just because the US doesn't have medal worthy contenders in pairs doesn't mean Americans don't want to see pairs skating on tv. What morons! :scowl:

If you only have 2 hrs slot to show, what do you show?
NBC failed a lot but this isn't moronic.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
They just showed the rankings of the earlier group, and Zhang is in last place. This is so sad. I don't see how she can pick herself up.

Not just last place. Last place by 38 points. It's just sad.

I wonder how Caroline herself feels about the way she's been skating.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Marchei is really overrotating. It's like she's doing jumps plus cartwheels.

Now i wish more radionova wasn't here

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
She certainly is lovely, but this program....I'm not getting. There's not a lot of meaty choreography in the first part, and it looks a bit simplistic. Way too many mistakes and her 3Z has deserted her today. She looks slow--is that the case or is it just the broadcast filming making everybody look like slowpokes? Speed looks more "normal" on the streaming video links.

xzchief

Rinkside
NBC never shows a pairs winning program from Skate America. Just because the US doesn't have medal worthy contenders in pairs doesn't mean Americans don't want to see pairs skating on tv. What morons! :scowl:

Disagree. Most Americans want to see Americans winning in individual sports. If Americans aren't going to be competitive in a given event, the ratings are terrible. NBC knows which two hours of Skate America will generate the biggest audience, which is the entire point as far as the network is concerned.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you only have 2 hrs slot to show, what do you show?
NBC failed a lot but this isn't moronic.

They could have found time to show ONE program, the winning LP of Volosozhar/Trankov. Please don't try and tell me they could not have managed to even show that. And to me, it is moronic not to show the winning LP. They scored a freakin' world record in both segments of this event; shouldn't we get to see a bit of history be televised? :disapp:

riceplate

On the Ice
I hope Ashley and Mao dont catch the Splatfest fever that's spreading in this last group. These are some embarrassing falls.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Valentina MARCHEI (ITA)

Music: Nyah (from "Mission Impossible" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

Black dress, open back.

3Lz - stepout, hands down
2A+3T - fall
2F - e
2A
FSSp
LSp
StSq
3S
3Lz - fall, no combo, looked <
3S+2T
CCoSp
ChSq

Another bad skate: 2 falls, only 2 clean triples (salchows)

Score: 44.62+54.92-2.00=97.54, 156.79, 4th (out of 7)

gmyers

Record Breaker
Is something wrong with the ice? We've seen quite a number of falls so far. :think:

Lol the test will be radionova! She never misses! Liza didn't miss in her fs. It's goig to be Mao Ashley Elena instead of Elizaveta!! Dang!

artsciboy

On the Ice
Machei's program is so simple. At the end of the day, she's not a COP skater - she's a 6.0 skater. She's lucky if she lands the jumps and, quite frankly, she can't do them with any transitions.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
They could have found time to show ONE program, the winning LP of Volosozhar/Trankov. Please don't try and tell me they could not have managed to even show that. And to me, it is moronic not to show the winning LP. :disapp:

Agree, and since most Americans would clearly recognize the JCS music, I think most viewers would be happy to watch just for that, with the bonus of great pair skating and ooh-aah tricks, well-done, thrown in as a bonus. Even (or especially?) because they are Russians. Put me down for a Boo to NBC.

samson

Medalist
I'm not sure. Samantha and Elizaveta didn't seem to have issues with the ice. Really too bad about the jumps, because the opening of that skate was chill inducing. I thought she had this program... alas...

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
riceplate said:
I hope Ashley and Mao catch the Splatfest fever that's spreading in this last group. These are some embarrassing falls.

I sure hope they don't...