Predictions? | Golden Skate

Predictions?

kasia16

On the Ice
I've checked on the ISU official site - they aren't available yet...

but in ladies I have one possibility - ladies and gentlemen: gold goes to Miki Ando :)

Last edited:

brenlynn

On the Ice
in men i am going with evan lysacek.

ladies... im not sure... cynthia phanuef will be a wonderful challenger for that gold medal!!

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I think the ladies comp. will be very exciting with the 3 Japanese girls, Kim Meissner & Katy Taylor, Lena Johanssen, & an Hungarian girl as well as Phaneuf. That's probably the top 8 in no particular order.

Kasey

Medalist
If he goes to compete as a Junior, I'll take Griazev to win in the men's...otherwise, Lysacek. Don't know about the other categories.

Kasey

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
ladies

what kind of a chance do you guys think cynthia phaneuf has with these ladies? i hear skate canada is sending her to jr worlds rather than sr worlds.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
kasia16 said:
but in ladies I have one possibility - ladies and gentlemen: gold goes to Miki Ando :)
Isn't Miki going to Senior Worlds only and not Jr. Worlds since she won Japanese Nationals? Or is she going for a complete set of medals since I think she won bronze in 2002 and silver last year?

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

dewet

Final Flight
hrmsk8ngnutt said:
Isn't Miki going to Senior Worlds only and not Jr. Worlds since she won Japanese Nationals? Or is she going for a complete set of medals since I think she won bronze in 2002 and silver last year?

Herm (sk8ngnutt)
She is going again to Jr. and to Senior Worlds. I'm not sure she has this title wrapped up though at this point. Her programs do have a slight juniorish quality to them still.

Nadine

Record Breaker
dewet said:
She is going again to Jr. and to Senior Worlds. I'm not sure she has this title wrapped up though at this point. Her programs do have a slight juniorish quality to them still.

My thoughts exactly, dewet! :eek:

Not only that, but Jr. Worlds is the only competition where Miki Ando hasn't placed first........ALL other international competitions she has won (no b.s.) since she first hit the international scene in 2000..........thus, my cause for concern ~ seems like the pressure gets to Miki a bit at the big competitions. JMHO.

***Note: then again, I don't think winning Jr. Worlds is all that necessarily good, especially considering those that have won it in the past never won the Olympics (therein comes in the so-called "curse" of winning Jr. Worlds, no lie).***

Peace & In An Introspective Mood, Nadine (8^/

shine

Record Breaker
Out of all the ladies I've seen, my favorite in this field is definitely Kimmie Meissner. I just love watching her. I also look forward to seeing Lina Johanson. I've heard so many good things about her. But my pick for winner is still Miki Ando.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
JR Worlds

I almost don't want any of the favourites to win. Jr Worlds has a bit of a curse attached to it. I want some unknowns to win it, then fade away. I want to see Kimmie, Lina, Miki, and Cynthia doing well in Seniors.

miki_tan

Rinkside
Only 4 of 13 post figure Worlds ladies champions were NOT the formar Junior Worlds champion.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info., miki_tan (much appreciated)... :)

However, I myself was/am speaking about The Olympic Champion. And as pertains to that, the last three Olympic Champions were never Jr. World Champions. Thus, my cause for concern about Miki, whom I adore (no lie).

***Note: the good news, however, is that Kristi Yamaguchi was Jr. World, Sr. World, & Olympic Champion! :love: ***

Peace & Love, Nadine

galka

Rinkside
dance
Nora Hoffmann-Attila Elek -HUN
Elena Romanovskaya -Alexander Grachev-RUS
Morgan Matthews-Maxim Zavozin -USA

ladies
Miki Ando
Cynthia Phaneuf
Kimmy Meissner
Mai Asada

men
Evan Lysacek
Andrei Griazev
Christopher Mabee
Nobunari Oda

pairs
Jessica Dubé -Bryce Davison -CAN
Tatiana Volosozhar -Petr Kharchenko-UKR
Maria Mukhortova -Maxim Trankov RUS

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Huh, this is very difficult to predict... Besides I got such poor results from Europeans predictions, LOL.

Fortunately there is still a couple days time before one has to decide for Gold Picks.

Marjaana

Jaana - You bet - very difficult. I could only guess because I haven't seen all of those skaters. I know Meissner is excellent as is Taylor. We know the grace of Phaneuf. Evan and Griazev are known from last year/ Everyone is waiting fo see Miki Ando.

Unless you are going to The Hague, I hope you and all of us get some skating on TV. Nancy Kerrigan did a nice Job last year. If ABC does show Juniors, I hope Nancy is the commentator. She is completely unbiased.

Joe

kasia16

On the Ice
My predictions

JOHANSSON ;) ;)
ANDO
ASADA
PAVUK
PHANEUF
XU

LYSACEK ;) ;)
GRIAZEV
MABEE
DOBRIN
DJORDJEVIC

DUBE/DAVISON
SHESTAKOVA/LEBEDEV
BELOGLAZOVA/BEKH
VOLOSOZHAR/KHARCHENKO
MUKHORTOVA/TRANKOV

HOFFMANN/ELEK
ROMANOVSKAYA/GRACHEV ;) ;)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Joesitz said:
Jaana - You bet - very difficult. I could only guess because I haven't seen all of those skaters. I know Meissner is excellent as is Taylor. We know the grace of Phaneuf. Evan and Griazev are known from last year/ Everyone is waiting fo see Miki Ando.

Yes, so many, many ladies I have never seen and the men are about as difficult. Not even trying to guess about pairs and ice dance... now in this moment, LOL. Yes, Ando or Pavuk could be a good bets perhaps and either Lysacek or Griazev. I have now seen the skating style of both of them and would definetely prefer Lysacek to win.

[Unless you are going to The Hague, I hope you and all of us get some skating on TV. Nancy Kerrigan did a nice Job last year. If ABC does show Juniors, I hope Nancy is the commentator. She is completely unbiased.
Joe

Unfortunately I´m not able to trvel to the Haque... No info yet if this competition will be on Eurosport later. In the "worst" case I have to get a copy from a friend in USA or Japan.

I don´t think that I have ever seen anything with Nancy as the commentator? An unbiased commentator will be most welcome!

Marjaana

Last edited:

singerskates

On the Ice
Nadine said:
My thoughts exactly, dewet! :eek:

Not only that, but Jr. Worlds is the only competition where Miki Ando hasn't placed first........ALL other international competitions she has won (no b.s.) since she first hit the international scene in 2000..........thus, my cause for concern ~ seems like the pressure gets to Miki a bit at the big competitions. JMHO.

***Note: then again, I don't think winning Jr. Worlds is all that necessarily good, especially considering those that have won it in the past never won the Olympics (therein comes in the so-called "curse" of winning Jr. Worlds, no lie).***

Peace & In An Introspective Mood, Nadine (8^/

Wrong! Alexie Yagudin won Junior Worlds, then the next year won a Bronze medal at Senior Worlds, after that he got 4 Senior Men's Championships and in 2002 Alexie won the Men's Olympic Gold medal. So just because someone wins at Junior Worlds doens't mean that they won't win the Olympics in the future.