Predictions? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Predictions?

Kati

On the Ice
singerskates said:
Wrong! Alexie Yagudin won Junior Worlds, then the next year won a Bronze medal at Senior Worlds, after that he got 4 Senior Men's Championships and in 2002 Alexie won the Men's Olympic Gold medal. So just because someone wins at Junior Worlds doens't mean that they won't win the Olympics in the future.

Yes, and don't forget 1995 junior world champion Ilia Kulik! He went on to win the olympic gold in Nagano 1998, too!

sk8m8

Final Flight
a question about jr/sr dual comptitors

Just a question.

I've seen several posters ask about Ando going to both seniors and juniors. If memory serves me correctly, here in the US, the competitor must medal at the junior world champs to attend the senior wc as a member. This also gives dispensation to skaters who are younger than the age limit for competitors for worlds. For example, when Sash Cohen burst on the scene and won a silver medal at nats., since she hadn't won a jr.world medal and sarah hughes had, Sarah got to go to worlds and Sasha didn't because the previous year Sarah had medaled at junior worlds and Sasha did not medal the junior worlds before Srs.

Is this just an American thing, or is it the same rule for all country. I may be showing my lack of knowlege, but has Micki already won a junior worlds medal?

Thanks,
your sk8m8 mark

dewet

Final Flight
Re: a question about jr/sr dual comptitors

sk8m8 said:
Just a question.

I've seen several posters ask about Ando going to both seniors and juniors. If memory serves me correctly, here in the US, the competitor must medal at the junior world champs to attend the senior wc as a member. This also gives dispensation to skaters who are younger than the age limit for competitors for worlds. For example, when Sash Cohen burst on the scene and won a silver medal at nats., since she hadn't won a jr.world medal and sarah hughes had, Sarah got to go to worlds and Sasha didn't because the previous year Sarah had medaled at junior worlds and Sasha did not medal the junior worlds before Srs.

Is this just an American thing, or is it the same rule for all country. I may be showing my lack of knowlege, but has Micki already won a junior worlds medal?

Thanks,
your sk8m8 mark
I thought the world junior medal thing had changed? Anyways, Miki already won two medals at junior worlds. Last year she won silver behind Yukina Ota and the year before a bronze behind Ann Patrice Mcdonough and Yukari Nakano.