Thread: Most beautiful couples

Hybrid View

Most beautiful couples

Gordeeva and Grinkov circa 1993-1995. So stunning, so well matched in every way physically. Sergei is forever young.

I think Moir and Virtue are a handsome couple with much chemistry on ice. There are other gorgeous couples...who do you think is stunning?

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Gordeeva and Grinkov circa 1993-1995. So stunning, so well matched in every way physically. Sergei is forever young.

I think Moir and Virtue are a handsome couple with much chemistry on ice. There are other gorgeous couples...who do you think is stunning?
    Ditto.

I personally think Weaver/Poje are gorgeous when skating together.

ETA: Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov

Custom Title
    I agree with all three, and I add Klimova/Ponomarenko, Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze, and Davis/White

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    The Italian ice dancers. He's leading-man handsome, and she's definitely a looker!

Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    The Italian ice dancers. He's leading-man handsome, and she's definitely a looker!
    Cappellini and Lanotte are very well matched- the fact that they both have very dark hair accentuates this.

Speaking of hair colours - does anyone know what Meryl Davis' natural hair colour is? She and Charlie had reverse hair colours during their early days - I prefer it much more the way it is now.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    ^^^ thank you. I was going to attempt their names, but I was afraid I'd spell it poorly and embarrass myself.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    I think Moir and Virtue are a handsome couple with much chemistry on ice.
    Agree, except I would say that "handsome" is a big understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by elle_e View Post
    Speaking of hair colours - does anyone know what Meryl Davis' natural hair colour is? She and Charlie had reverse hair colours during their early days - I prefer it much more the way it is now.
    If I am not mistaken, in her younger years, Davis's hair color was natural. In more recent years, her hair has been dyed. (Nothing wrong at all with dyeing one's hair, IMHO.)

So ... I believe that her natural hair color is lighter than her signature look of the present -- and that White's natural hair color [ETA: at this point] is darker than his signature look of the present. (Again, nothing wrong in either case.)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elle_e View Post
    I was shocked when I found out she used to be a blonde. She has such an exotic look to her, I could've sworn the dark hair was her natural!

I actually love that they're so different. She's tiny, light-skinned, dark-haired, he's masculine, blonde and strong. They're complete opposites, but it's exactly what makes them look amazing together.
    I don't really like teams where the partners look alike (I never enjoyed watching Dubreuil/Lauzon or DenStas for that reason).

I thought the Kerrs were a generally good looking team. P/B are extremely attractive. V/T as well. And C/L.

Custom Title

I think that Gordeeva and Grinkov individually are the best looking female and male and together the best looking couple. They look especially stunning together in both the red and black short program costumes and the midnight blue and white long program outfits from 1994. Both of them had absolutely perfect physiques as well as gorgeous faces. and perfectly matched height wise, frame wise, coloring wise. I miss them so much . There will never be another couple as transcendently beautiful as they were.

Tessa and Scott are gorgeous too, I agree. and perfectly matched.

Other gorgeous gorgeous couples: Elizabeth Punsalan and Jerrod Swallow, Klimova (that hair!) and Ponomarenko, the current Italian ice dancers.

Anissina and Peizerat are each both stunning and a little odd looking, but together they were so striking.

I must say that while I loved Ber and Sik and find her just beautiful, he is a little too goofy looking for my tastes.

Navka- Kostomarov

Banned
    Gordeeva/Grinkov
    Klimova/Ponomarenko
    Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze
    Davis/White
    Ilinykh/Katsalapov
    Volosozhar/Trankov
    Weaver/Poje
    Pang/Tong

Custom Title
    Gordeeva/Grinkov
    Virtue/Moir
    Sale/Pelletier
    Weaver/Poje
    Shen/Zhao
    Mishkutionok/Dmitriev

^ I agree with many of these choices, but I'd like to add Silvia Fontana & John Zimmerman!