Most beautiful couples | Golden Skate

Most beautiful couples

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Gordeeva and Grinkov circa 1993-1995. So stunning, so well matched in every way physically. Sergei is forever young.

I think Moir and Virtue are a handsome couple with much chemistry on ice. There are other gorgeous couples...who do you think is stunning?

elle_e

On the Ice
Gordeeva and Grinkov circa 1993-1995. So stunning, so well matched in every way physically. Sergei is forever young.

I think Moir and Virtue are a handsome couple with much chemistry on ice. There are other gorgeous couples...who do you think is stunning?

Ditto.

I personally think Weaver/Poje are gorgeous when skating together.

ETA: Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov

I agree with all three, and I add Klimova/Ponomarenko, Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze, and Davis/White

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Italian ice dancers. He's leading-man handsome, and she's definitely a looker!

elle_e

On the Ice
The Italian ice dancers. He's leading-man handsome, and she's definitely a looker!

Cappellini and Lanotte are very well matched- the fact that they both have very dark hair accentuates this.

Speaking of hair colours - does anyone know what Meryl Davis' natural hair colour is? She and Charlie had reverse hair colours during their early days - I prefer it much more the way it is now.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^ thank you. I was going to attempt their names, but I was afraid I'd spell it poorly and embarrass myself.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think Moir and Virtue are a handsome couple with much chemistry on ice.

:agree: Agree, except I would say that "handsome" is a big understatement.

Speaking of hair colours - does anyone know what Meryl Davis' natural hair colour is? She and Charlie had reverse hair colours during their early days - I prefer it much more the way it is now.

If I am not mistaken, in her younger years, Davis's hair color was natural. In more recent years, her hair has been dyed. (Nothing wrong at all with dyeing one's hair, IMHO.)

So ... I believe that her natural hair color is lighter than her signature look of the present -- and that White's natural hair color [ETA: at this point] is darker than his signature look of the present. (Again, nothing wrong in either case.)

elle_e

On the Ice
If I am not mistaken, in her younger years, Davis's hair color was natural. In more recent years, her hair has been dyed. (Nothing wrong at all with dyeing one's hair, IMHO.)

So ... I believe that her natural hair color is lighter than her signature look of the present -- and that White's natural hair color is darker than his signature look of the present. (Again, nothing wrong in either case.)

I always wondered how she went from bright blonde to dark brown- she never seems to have any regrowth though- doesn't Tessa also dye her hair darker? They made good colour choices ^_^ it doesn't look artificial at all

wordsworthgirl

Medalist

I think that Gordeeva and Grinkov individually are the best looking female and male and together the best looking couple. They look especially stunning together in both the red and black short program costumes and the midnight blue and white long program outfits from 1994. Both of them had absolutely perfect physiques as well as gorgeous faces. and perfectly matched height wise, frame wise, coloring wise. I miss them so much . There will never be another couple as transcendently beautiful as they were.

Tessa and Scott are gorgeous too, I agree. and perfectly matched.

Other gorgeous gorgeous couples: Elizabeth Punsalan and Jerrod Swallow, Klimova (that hair!) and Ponomarenko, the current Italian ice dancers.

Anissina and Peizerat are each both stunning and a little odd looking, but together they were so striking.

I must say that while I loved Ber and Sik and find her just beautiful, he is a little too goofy looking for my tastes.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gordeeva/Grinkov
Klimova/Ponomarenko
Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze
Davis/White
Ilinykh/Katsalapov
Volosozhar/Trankov
Weaver/Poje
Pang/Tong

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I agree with many of these choices, but I'd like to add Silvia Fontana & John Zimmerman!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I also agree with most of Your choices - my favourites are Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Weaver/Poje, Virtue/Moir, but I'd also add:
- Dube/Davison - personally I think they were amazing matched and looked beautiful together
- Alessandrini/Vaituri (italian ice dancers) - in general italian couples look fantastic, but they catch my attention everytime I see tchem on the ice

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that you have to be beautiful just to be allowed to have kids in Italy! Remember Faiella and Scali?

volotrankov

Rinkside
Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov
Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov
Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov
Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

snejina

Rinkside
Marina Anissina Gwendal Peizerat
Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov
Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov
Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir
Tatyana Navka Roman Kostomarov

BlackPack

Medalist
Not yet mentioned or at least before I saw it:
Krylova & Ovsiannikov
Usova & Zhulin (in their prime)
Denkova & Staviski (Albena projects so much strength and character which I find very attractive)
Dubreuil & Lauzon
Kovarikova & Novotny
Povilas & Vanagas
Linichuk & Karponossov
Moiseeva & Minekov
Belbin & Agosto
Domnina & Shabalin
The Duchesnays

SimplyLex

On the Ice

I was shocked when I found out she used to be a blonde. She has such an exotic look to her, I could've sworn the dark hair was her natural!

I actually love that they're so different. She's tiny, light-skinned, dark-haired, he's masculine, blonde and strong. They're complete opposites, but it's exactly what makes them look amazing together.
I don't really like teams where the partners look alike (I never enjoyed watching Dubreuil/Lauzon or DenStas for that reason).

I thought the Kerrs were a generally good looking team. P/B are extremely attractive. V/T as well. And C/L.

I was shocked when I found out she used to be a blonde. She has such an exotic look to her, I could've sworn the dark hair was her natural!

I actually love that they're so different. She's tiny, light-skinned, dark-haired, he's masculine, blonde and strong. They're complete opposites, but it's exactly what makes them look amazing together.
I don't really like teams where the partners look alike (I never enjoyed watching Dubreuil/Lauzon or DenStas for that reason).

I differ with you on your last point. I do enjoy partners that look alike as well as those who are opposites. I wouldn't have thought of Dubreuil/Lauzon, but you're right: they are very similar, and I like them a lot. Another striking example is Denkova/Staviskiy, who are a favorite couple of mine.