Golden Spin and Golden Bear of Zagreb Competitions 2013-2014 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Golden Spin and Golden Bear of Zagreb Competitions 2013-2014

Leonardo

Final Flight
Kim Yu-Na

3Lz-3T- good, maybe UR on 3T, probably not
Apparently she executed a "Katy Perry perfume ad" move :mad:
3F-Good, as usual
FCSP- Level 4, nice positions
2A from spread eagle- BIG step-out, hand down
LSp- Possibly only level 2, not as strong as usual
StSq- Beautiful, expressive. Probably a level 4
CCoSp- Level 4, good positions, fast and well centered.

Other than the step-out really great performance, lovely program. :love:

3T looks borderline in replay.

73.37, wow huge score. TES 38.37 PCS 35.00, she can definitely score 78+ if clean.

73 for that? Why am I not impressed? Because Yuna is so perfect and gorgeous anyway, it doesn't matter how she actually performs!

zamboni step

Final Flight
Pina Umek

3S- fall, looked <<
3T- fall, probably UR
CCoSp- Probably level 3, a little slow.
2A- feed was choppy but it looked UR to me
FSSp- level 2, slow
StSq
LSp- level 3

Not enough tension in her movements, a little floppy, but I like her style.
3S is definitely << and 3T is also << 2A...not so sure, probably a rotation call of some sort.

TES- 14.73
PCS- 17.32
Deductions- -2.00
TSS- 30.05

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
but this a B event, so probably not 78+
more like 75+ if clean, she and Mao will be close if both are clean

But you have to factor in Olympic inflation. It'll be like an episode of Oprah. Instead of a free vacation, it will be 'you get free GOE' and 'you get free PCS!'

zamboni step

Final Flight
but this a B event, so probably not 78+
more like 75+ if clean, she and Mao will be close if both are clean

Senior B inflation < Olympic inflation they'd never let her score close to a flawed performance at a Senior B in comparison to a flawless Olympic performance.

andyjo24

Medalist
Yeah. Remember how all through the Vancouver GP season, Kim scored around 76 for her clean SPs, but at the Olympics, it suddenly went up to 78.

gimble

On the Ice
Wow. Most scores are so low in 20-40. I feel so bad for these skaters.

Ando on the ice now.

Leonardo

Final Flight
But you have to factor in Olympic inflation. It'll be like an episode of Oprah. Instead of a free vacation, it will be 'you get free GOE' and 'you get free PCS!'

Scores were very inflated in 2013 worlds, Kostner got 33.86 in pcs (her highest ever) with a fall, but Yuna scored "only" a 69.97 total, even with a clean performance. This SP is not that great, she should not get 76+ if clean. But anything can happen, really.

andyjo24

Medalist
Scores were very inflated in 2013 worlds, Kostner got 33.86 in pcs (her highest ever) with a fall, but Yuna scored "only" a 69.97 total, even with a clean performance. This SP is not that great, she should not get 76+ if clean. But anything can happen, really.

Kostner was the reigning world champion at that time, and Kim performed in an earlier group.

Barb

Record Breaker
35 pcs :unsure:, I guess in Yuna´s case it doesn´t apply a big mistake disrupted the flow of the program :rolleye:, and some people claim that Mao deserved less pcs because the ur 3a

Robeye

Final Flight
35 pcs :unsure:, I guess in Yuna´s case it doesn´t apply a big mistake disrupted the flow of the program :rolleye:, and some people claim that Mao deserved less pcs because the ur 3a
actually, i will venture that if yuna is completely on and clean, her pcs will be considerably higher ;)

Leonardo

Final Flight
Kostner was the reigning world champion at that time, and Kim performed in an earlier group.

And this is a B competition where they will give any score they want, including a 73.37 for a slow, unoriginal program with a huge mistake. She's great and perfect, but this score is not realistic for her actual performance and shouldn't indicate what the judges will give her at the Olympics. Her long is another story. It really is interesting and deserves great pcs if well performed.

ordinary person

On the Ice
The same trollup costumes, the same awful skating.
Wow, what a waste of time, the only good thing was free live stream which i am greatful for, but this was the last time for now that i watch an awful B competion like this.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good to know YuNa did very well here. :thumbsup: Many congrats! :yes: How's Miki doing? I'm anxious to know...><

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
actually, i will venture that if yuna is completely on and clean, her pcs will be considerably higher ;)

By how much? She's practically averaging 9's already. I suppose she can go a point or two higher, but I'm not sure the judges will see her P/E, I or choreo as higher than Mao, so Mao should remain competitive on PCS if she skates clean as well.