2013-2014 South Korean competitions | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 South Korean competitions

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Team Korea in S/J World Championship

June Hyoung Lee(Men), Dabin Choi/Na-Hyun Kim(Ladies) will be going to Junior World Championship in Bulgaria
Jin-Seo Kim(Men), So-Youn Park/Hae-Jin Kim (Ladies) will compete in World Championship in Japan.

Jin-Sep Kim managed to get a spot for the World Championships this fall? That's good news--I was sad for him when he didn't make it to the LP in London.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
The main issue with the presentation is that we've seen Yuna do the tango before with her famous SP at 2007 Worlds and she just came alive with that program. I think her choreography is actually quite excellent, but her interpretation has a bit too much fluidity as her Les Mis program where her staid expression was able to be carried by the Les Mis score. But the tango requires more fire and that push and pull for it to work at its best. We'll see if Yuna can bring it at 4CC/Olympics.

albinayjna

Rinkside
Senior Men Result

1. Jin-Seo Kim 209.35(72.92+136.43)
2. June-Hyoung Lee 206.88(67.30+139.58)
3. Dong-Won Lee 188.72(72.36+116.36)
4. Min-Seok Kim 188.42(67.43+120.99)
5. Jun-Hwan Cha 184.38(60.44+123.94)
6. Alex KangChan Kam 164.74(56.66+108.08)
7. Se-Jong Byun 162.03(51.75+110.28)
8. Si-Hyoung Lee 117.24(35.99+81.15)

*Jin-Seo win his second National title since 2012, he will be going to WC.
*Korean men who have minimum TES for WC are Jin-Seo and June-Hyoung, finally selected Jin-Seo.
*Videos are all uploaded in DAUM, but all videos limited outside of Korea.

LKR

Rinkside
The main issue with the presentation is that we've seen Yuna do the tango before with her famous SP at 2007 Worlds and she just came alive with that program. I think her choreography is actually quite excellent, but her interpretation has a bit too much fluidity as her Les Mis program where her staid expression was able to be carried by the Les Mis score. But the tango requires more fire and that push and pull for it to work at its best. We'll see if Yuna can bring it at 4CC/Olympics.

I agree with this. I'm in the minority but I actually prefer her long to her short, but Yu-Na's interpretation has to build for the Olympics. The programs have improved a lot since Zagreb already.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I don't know this program isn't working for me. I wish she would do Les Mis for Sochi.
She seems to have less fire than usual.

Bartek

On the Ice
To me she lacks fire, the program is completely transitionless apart from the ina bauer and the 3T was CLEARLY half a turn short of rotation. It would be obnoxious if she gets 8,5 or 9 for transitions for this program but sadly it's likely going to happen.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm in the minority but I actually prefer her long to her short, but Yu-Na's interpretation has to build for the Olympics.

I prefer the LP too. I think the SP is lovely but I don't find it particularly unique. I don't find the choreography of the FS all that impressive either but I definitely prefer it more. I think she can add a lot more spark to it to really make it shine. I can't help but think of the command she had in her Tango de Roxanne program. I realize it's a different kind of tango but I think for a tango, there has to be some degree of passion and fire.

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't see that spark in Yu-Na's skating anymore. There used to be a real sparkle to her delivery and the way she connected with the audience and judges...that's what drew me in to her in the first place. She's barely lost a step in terms of her technical abilities but, to me, that sparkle in her performance is gone. I know a lot of people will disagree; I can see from the comments that she's still capable of moving some people here to tears. She's never moved me to tears but I did used to feel an energy and zing from her performances...I just don't feel it anymore.

She's still lovely and she presents and delivers her programs very well...she's just not reaching me the way she used to.:no:

treeloving

Medalist
Lest we forget there were actually other skaters at Korean Nationals, here's So-Youn Park's LP performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ULWk69kfNQ

She came back strong from a sloppy SP and won silver. I think I like her the best among the Korean ladies (besides Yuna). Congrats! :)

Wow I never heard of her before, that quite impressive, deserve to be at Olympic!

I am forwarding this useful post by new member Hailey Shin :clap: , which suffered a glitch.

Thank you so much Hailey Shin for the post and Mathman for forwarding,

Jun hwan Cha is a great young artist (and his hair remind me a lot of young Yuzuru) , and Kang chan Kam has really nice movement.

I wish there is alsi a link for their fs, especially Cha - his interpretation of moonlight sonata is really good!

Gigi13

On the Ice
Congrats to Yuna, Hae Jin, and So Youn I can't wait to see them at the Olympics but I have to say I prefer Yuna's short program than her long program but I love both and I really love So Youn. I wish them all good luck at the Olympics! :)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow, So Youn was so good! Her jumps were quite effortless and clean! So all three of Yu Na, Hae Jin and So Youn get to go to go to Sochi... that's great. :)

Jedi

On the Ice
Yuna is looking good with room to improve. My money is on her. Sdly like V and M her programs may be a bit generic but deserving of ogm if skated well.

albinayjna

Rinkside
Senior men LP fancam.

1. Jin-Seo Kim : Legends of the Fall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjNbnsLJUJM

2. June-Hyoung Lee : Phantom of The Opera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovwCRuO8_oA

3. Dong-Won Lee : Allegro con brio from Piano Concerto No. 3 by Ludwig van Beethoven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmLteKFj7tY

4. Min-Seok Kim : Triangle Tango, Quidam (from Cirque du Soleil)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGBPRzRq37g

5. Jun-Hwan Cha : Toccata and Fugue in D minor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaDskRAx7Ig

Technical experts/connoisseurs: Was the 3T UR in the FS here? It looked to me like she eked it out, and the protocols gave her full credit, but some other posters have been claiming otherwise.

It was clearly cheated, visible in real time. Would have to watch it in slo-mo to see just how much but the technical panel though it was less than 1/4.

Team Korea in S/J World Championships

June Hyoung Lee(Men), Dabin Choi/Na-Hyun Kim(Ladies) will be going to Junior World Championships in Bulgaria
Jin-Seo Kim(Men), So-Youn Park/Hae-Jin Kim (Ladies) will compete in World Championships in Japan.

Why are only two Ladies sent to Worlds? :confused:

To me she lacks fire, the program is completely transitionless apart from the ina bauer and the 3T was CLEARLY half a turn short of rotation. It would be obnoxious if she gets 8,5 or 9 for transitions for this program but sadly it's likely going to happen.

:confused: There are turns and upper body movement throughout the program and whilst both lutzes and the flip are telegraphed, other jumps have some transitions preceding them. Two of the spins were executed straight off preceding elements.

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't see that spark in Yu-Na's skating anymore. There used to be a real sparkle to her delivery and the way she connected with the audience and judges...that's what drew me in to her in the first place. She's barely lost a step in terms of her technical abilities but, to me, that sparkle in her performance is gone.

Sadly, I agree. :(

Two judges gave her +1 for the 1A.

And why shouldn't they? It had a short entry, decent height and a balanced landing.

albinayjna

Rinkside
There are no skaters who has minimum TES for the Worlds except Hae-Jin&So-Youn, but Tae-Kyung Kim(going to 4CC) and Hwi Choi(only has SP TES) have possibility.