Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
Results 3,421 to 3,426 of 3426

Thread: Figure Skating Questions

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Hmm. Does anyone have a video clip of somebody doing a toeless lutz? I've been looking for a video of one but haven't been able to find it. I can find videos of people doing walleys but not toeless lutzes for some reason. I don't know if they're actually that difficult to do.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    I don't think I've ever seen one. It if it was ever not extremely rare, that time probably was before televised skating.

This to me looks like it was probably intended as a double salchow, which is what it actually is. But she does step onto the RBO edge before switching over to the inside, so maybe you could call it a toeless flutz, or a slutz.

Watching in slow motion, it's hard to see how a skater could generate even one rotation without that change of edge and swinging the free leg forward, making it a salchow. Maybe a single would be possible with the free leg behind, like a walley.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, I think a toeless lutz would have to be done with the free leg behind, similar to a walley (or a lutz, haha). My thought is that when no toe pick is involved, then when rotating in the same direction as the entry edge, it's better to place the body (and hence the free leg) within the circle being made by the entry curve. Hence the salchow, loop, and inside axel positions; the axel being the exception because of the power of the free leg swing. But for counter-rotated jumps, it's better for the weight to be outside the circle, essentially because you're switching circles in the air. Hence the walley (and thus the toeless lutz) I'd expect the free leg to be behind.

It's just a bit of speculation though.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Hello, guys! Sorry if this has been asked before, but what happens to the BV of a jump that receives an ur call and an edge call at the same time? For example: a 3lz e <

Does it still get 70 per cent of the bv or something lower like 70 per cent of 70 per cent?

Thank you!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Hello, guys! Sorry if this has been asked before, but what happens to the BV of a jump that receives an ur call and an edge call at the same time? For example: a 3lz e <

Does it still get 70 per cent of the bv or something lower like 70 per cent of 70 per cent?

Thank you!
    It gets 60% of the BV. In the scale of values, if a jump is under-rotated OR wrong edge, then the value will be in column "V" which is 70% of the BV. If a jump is under-rotated AND wrong edge, then the value will be in column "V1" which is 60% of the BV.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanshilar View Post
    It gets 60% of the BV. In the scale of values, if a jump is under-rotated OR wrong edge, then the value will be in column "V" which is 70% of the BV. If a jump is under-rotated AND wrong edge, then the value will be in column "V1" which is 60% of the BV.
    Thank you!

Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229