Random Figure Skating Questions | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Random Figure Skating Questions

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Yes, JA has a tattoo on his shoulder. Patrick Chan got an Olympic tattoo on his calf after the 2010 games. His main issue was not with ISU but with his mother, quite a saga. :)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I got a bit board and check the ISU top 100

Agnes ZAWADZKI 170 cm
Joshi HELGESSON 171 cm
Kiira KORPI 169 cm
Jenna MCCORKELL 169 cm
Natalia POPOVA 169 cm
Elizaveta UKOLOVA 170 cm
Carol BRESSANUTTI 170 cm
Sarah HECKEN 170 cm
Leah KEISER 172 cm
Nika CERIC 171 cm
Kristina ZASEEVA 170 cm

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:eek:: :slink: fixed my Gracie typo.

My stupid question is StitchMonkey, how did you get thay data that easily? Do you have a different access to the ISU bio.data base?

I looked up bitboard, and I don't see how that applied. :confused:

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
:eek:: :slink: fixed my Gracie typo.

My stupid question is StitchMonkey, how did you get thay data that easily? Do you have a different access to the ISU bio.data base?

I looked up bitboard, and I don't see how that applied. :confused:

I just went to this page and. . . . opened each skater in a new tab about 20 or so at a time, closed the ones under 169 CM, then copy and pasted the names for the remaining tabs open. . . nothing too fancy. . . just stubborn with a decent computer and high speed internet. You can set your browser to open links in a new tab but not switch to that tab, very handy. Also, frequently if you press down on the scroll wheel (not roll down, push it in like a button, you should hear a click) if you mouse has that functionality, it should be default to open link in new tab. So for me it is just a matter of clicking all the names with the middle mouse button. The bio pages show the height. . . if it does not for you let's compare screen shots and figure out what kind of geo blocking is going on.

While we are on that webpage. . . can some one explain the logic of Jason training more in off season than on? I have seen other skaters show that. . . what am I missing?

MalAssada

Medalist
I think StitchMonkey meant "a bit bored" :scratch:

Thanks for the answer! Now I can't even say that the reason I can't jump well (not even off ice/roller) is that I'm 1.68m :slink:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I think StitchMonkey meant "a bit bored" :scratch:

Thanks for the answer! Now I can't even say that the reason I can't jump well (not even off ice/roller) is that I'm 1.68m :slink:

yeah. . . that is what I mean. . . pretty much trying to quickly say "I'm enough of a nerd to look at 100 skater heights on a lark" boredom seem the best explanation.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I saw an interview with Plushenko where he said he trains up to 9 hours a day in the off-season and maximum 2 hours in season. I assumed it was because they need to conserve their energy (both mental and physical) for competitions.

Im surprised 2 hours is enough to maintain the fitness level for the whole season with that level. I wonder if he is not including stuff like maybe jogging in the morning, or basic moves with weights, i.e. fitness stuff normal schlubs can do, over "training"

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... And good call on the school. . . surprised more don't just take summer classes.

Jason Brown did take at least one summer class (accounting) this year.
Last fall, I think he took at least two classes (Japanese and English).

I'm no expert, but I think skaters in general do take care to avoid overtraining during the season. Also, I seem to recall that some skaters are conscious of not letting their muscles get overly bulky???

karlowens2

On the Ice
Anyone know where to find vid of Sarah Hughes Olympic long? It seems gone from YT. Is it correct that she is still the only woman to land 2 3-3 combinations in one Olympic program?

gourry

Final Flight
Anyone know where to find vid of Sarah Hughes Olympic long? It seems gone from YT. Is it correct that she is still the only woman to land 2 3-3 combinations in one Olympic program?

It's still there. Here is one.
I searched for Michelle's Olympic long and Sarah's showed as a related link. :)
By the way didn't Tara do 2 3-3s?