Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Summer Fan Fest Fete!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

2015 Summer Fan Fest Fete!

Updated Denney and Frazier Fan Fest !!!

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...58#post1001558

Mrs. P and I are updating the first posts of fan fest threads. We choose Haven and Brandon's fan fest to be our first update because of Paula's great new article.

If you are a new fan, check it out!

If you are already a Denney & Frazier fan, check out the link articles, threads, social media links and videos that we have added.

We hope you like it!

As the summer goes on, we will be doing updates and career film fests for as many of the fan fests as we can manage, so even if you are not a D&F fan, check out the format and tell us what else you might want in a Fan Fest OP..

So...what do you think, guys???
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-22-2015 at 04:53 PM.

somebody skate to Greenland's Icy Mountains...plz? humbaba's Avatar
    Thanks so much for the Fan Fest updates. It's wonderful to have so much info about a skater/team in one place. I love the links to videos. The vids of Haven and Brandon with former partners were a special treat.

Again, thanks to you and Mrs. P for this, and for all the hard work you put into this site.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    ... Mrs. P and I are updating the first posts of fan fest threads. ...

We hope you like it!

As the summer goes on, we will be doing updates and career film .fests for as many of the fan fests as we can manage, so even if you are not a D&F fan, check out the format and tell us what else you might want in a Fan Fest OP..

So...what do you think, guys???
    Wow, yet another reason for huge thanks to Doris and Mrs. P !
    Love the updating .

A ton of work for even just one thread.
    Don't want to step on your toes, but if you would be interested in help, I believe that some of us would be happy to gather stuff for certain individual favorites.

I would be happy to put stuff together for Max Aaron, for example.
    (BTW, I have been meaning to start a fan thread for Maddie/Max S.)

But again, don't want to step on your toes. If too many cooks will be counterproductive, I totally understand. (Sorry for mixed metaphors. )
    In any case, many thanks !
    Last edited by golden411; 04-22-2015 at 04:56 PM.

No, as long as it stays organized, it will work.

How about this? Post your proposed Max Aaron post in this thread. We will copy it over to the OP of Max's thread. We might add extra stuff to your post, if that is OK with you?

We are focusing on stories and threads from GS, when available.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    No, as long as it stays organized, it will work.

How about this? Post your proposed Max Aaron post in this thread. We will copy it over to the OP of Max's thread. We might add extra stuff to your post, if that is OK with you?

We are focusing on stories and threads from GS, when available.
    If you don't mind waiting a few days, I will get a collection of Max stuff together -- including GS material.

Don't mean to already rock the boat , but would it make more sense for me to just add whatever I gather directly to Max's fan thread -- as a regular post?
    And then at your convenience, you can copy whatever you like into the Max OP. I would add a brief post to this thread to let you know that I've added the longer post to his fan thread.
    But if you hate this idea, pls just say so, and I will stick with your plan. No biggie.

And of course, whatever you want to add would be totally fine with me .

Whichever works best for you is fine!

great idea!! Doris and Mrs P. thank you

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Wow!!! What a brilliant idea. And so comprehensive!

There is just one thing I noticed on the Haven / Brandon page, though.

When you search on Google for the address for something (in this case, an ISU Bio), do not just right click and copy the link on the search results page. If you do, you will end up pasting the address for the Google seach re-direct page rather than the address for the actual page you want to link to.

Instead, click through to the desired page, and then copy the address from the address bar. Then you will get the correct address.

Don't worry, I only found this out last week when I was trying to copy the address for a video, and was trying to avoid clicking through to the page as I didn't want it to start playing. So, I can understand that it is an easy mistake to make.

CaroLiza_fan

Cheering Wildly from the stands
    A worthy under-taking!

CaroLiza_fan, I fixed the isu bio link for D & F.

In today's GS news, we got the idea when updating the Jason Brown Fan Fest OP. It is now finished and on line!
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...036#post749036

We hope you will check it out.

I was surprised to find Jason got his first GS thread in 2009! And neithet Mrs. P nor I posted it!

And there is a Jason exhibition to "Fly me to the Moon" by Sinatra, which I had never seen, and I just live it.

Videos of Jason's Olympic experience are missing because between Prince defending copyright on the SP, and all Olympics vids being deleted by youtube, we didn't find any.

So if there are any mistakes, or additions you would like to make, just tell us!

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...Jordan-Moeller

Today I updated Jordan Moeller's OP because he recently joined the Fan Fest when golden411 started his thread. He is another member of Team Kori who made his senior debut this year. Included in the post is an instagram of Jordan, Jason, and Rohene doing side by side triple Axels.

Hi Doris & Mrs P, thank you both again for all the hard work

Here's something you might like to add: Jason's Olympic SP can be found in this Deadspin article http://deadspin.com/your-guide-to-ja...-bu-1522244096

Thanks dorispulaski and Mrs. P for all the work. The updated pages look great!

So if there are any mistakes, or additions you would like to make, just tell us!
    It's not a competition or exhibition but one of my favorite Jason performances is "Attaboy" choreographed by Garrett Kling for the YAS competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PkQ4wymy4

Mrs.P added the deadspin link.
    I added Attaboy

Wow, what a fabulous idea, dorispulaski and Mrs. P--and thank you for all the work you put into this!

I especially like that you summarized the videos and mentioned who the commentators are, ex. British Eurosport (just love those guys), John Coughlin, etc. I also like how you selected key performances, and I love that you even found videos of them with former partners. And of course the articles are great, too!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast