Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No more “cute factor” for Canada’s Nam Nguyen

News No more “cute factor” for Canada’s Nam Nguyen

Canada’s Nam Nguyen will be kicking off his season at Thornhill Summer Skate in order to get the momentum going. More...

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    I still see him as a cute boy, though. Cause he looks like my co-worker's son, who has also turned 16 this year. Anyways, I will root for him no matter what. Between him and Pitkeev, I will choose Nam. I see him as a better performer.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I still see him as a cute boy, though. Cause he looks like my co-worker's son, who has also turned 16 this year. Anyways, I will root for him no matter what. Between him and Pitkeev, I will choose Nam. I see him as a better performer.
    I see Nathan Chen passing them both up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Nathan is still 1m50. He needs a lot of growing for the next 2 years. For now I see the rivalry between Nam and Pitkeev.
    As for Nathan, if we are talking about a more engaging performer, Shoma Uno of Japan is the match for him.

Custom Title
    While it's good to hear from Orser that Nam isn't a cute boy anymore, what I hope for most is programs he can actually interpret well. Whether he skates something young or adult. Jeff Buttle choreography sounds promising. Interesting he's doing the quad salchow. Is the salchow more comfortable than the toe for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    So... I guess I have no choice but to back Pitkeev next season, so that we can have a mini just-out-of-juniors war. The battle lines are drawn...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    So... I guess I have no choice but to back Pitkeev next season, so that we can have a mini just-out-of-juniors war. The battle lines are drawn...
    Frankly In my vision I see that Nam will get better PCS while Pitkeev will get better TES. It's easy to guess, though.
    I think Nam has better spins, while Pitkeev has better jumps. I root for Nam cause he really looks like the child that I meet almost every week!

Custom Title
    ^Better situation for Nam then. PCS is constant (even with mistakes, at a certain point). TES still requires you to land the jumps. But I'll be pulling for Pitkeev anyway, just to wage new-seniors-war er, I mean, since I think he can perform well with the right program.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Speaking of Nathan, he's staying junior one more year? He's old enough to move up...guess he wants all the titles. Still he's young enough. He's a year younger than Nam.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Speaking of Nathan, he's staying junior one more year? He's old enough to move up...guess he wants all the titles. Still he's young enough. He's a year younger than Nam.
    I think it's better for him to stay junior for 2 more years. I hope he will grow more 10 cm, though. 1m50 is still too short for a senior men, in my humble opinion.

hot pink shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    His 3A is still inconsistent, and it would be hard for him to make a dent in the US men's field with Max, Jason, Josh, Adam, etc. It would be good for him to stay in juniors at least one more year and grow a bit and get his axel consistent again before moving up.

hot pink shorts
    His short music is quite interesting, a song with vocals. His long, La Strada, I'm a bit apprehensive about - it will be difficult to get Takahashi's long from 2009-2010 out of my mind.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar

Nam Nguyen: "I have an equal chance to win" Nationals

Patrick Chan’s absence opens door for Nam Nguyen at figure skating nationals
    The Canadian Press
    Published: October 16, 2014, 1:53 pm

.... “I want to win nationals this year,” Nguyen said. “Patrick’s not here (Chan is taking the season off) and it’s an open target for everybody, I have an equal chance to win. . . I’m going to work really hard and I feel if I work hard enough the rest of the season leading up to nationals, I will have a solid chance at winning.” .....

He also mastered a quadruple jump over the summer.

“I’ve got it now, yes,” he said. “It was hard with my (triple) Axels, took two years, I was growing. Now with my quad it took me one summer, one summer and I have it now. It’s exciting to have it.” ....

http://o.canada.com/sports/patrick-c...ting-nationals

I agree. Nguyen has as good a chance as anyone.

Without PChiddy, the field is quite open in Canada.

Custom Title
    2015 Canadian Nationals is a good chance for somebody to pull a Michael Slipchuck.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast