Thread: Volosozhar and Trankov to miss Russian Nationals

Custom Title

News Volosozhar and Trankov to miss Russian Nationals

From International Figure Skating:

http://tass.ru/sport/1657917

Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov will not compete at Russian nationals which start next week. Trankov is still receiving treatment for his shoulder injury.

Custom Title
    Kawaguti/Smirnov will also miss Nationals AND the Russian boards are reporting there is a possibility that they have decided to retire all together.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    Kawaguti/Smirnov will also miss Nationals AND the Russian boards are reporting there is a possibility that they have decided to retire all together.
    What??? Oh no!! If you get a link to a story can you please start a new thread? I don't them to retire, although they had floated that possibility since the 2009/10 season. If Moskvina retires it does make sense though :(

Team Russian Silver Foxes gallavich's Avatar
    Where are you getting that information? They just skated together today at the opening of Mishin & Moskvina's school, and Moskvina confirmed 2 days ago that they will be at Nats.

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...025764612.html

No no, that's too much for me to handle. I hope they are not retiring.

Custom Title
    I don't know about K/S , but V/T are not retiring. Their programs & costumes for this season are ready- they just didn't have the chance to compete due to Maxim's injury.
    In this parcticular interview Mozer says: ""Tanya and Max - so want to compete, it would be unbearable for them to watch while others skate , knowing that now they can not do this."

That's not true! There was such a rumour right after the GPF - but Kavaguti/Smirnov will take part in the Nationals and they are not going to retire yet - http://itar-tass.com/sport/1648658

As for V/T, it has been known long ago, that they are skipping Nationals... Max is still treating his shoulder, he will come back from Germany on December, 24.