Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Pyeongchang Team Event- Points Table

10 Not allowed!

2018 Pyeongchang Team Event- Points Tracker

I will be updating this page as results come in.

The ten strongest all-rounded figure skating nations compete in the Olympic Team Event. Each “Team” in the event consists of ONE (1) Man, ONE (1) Woman, ONE Pair (1M+1F=2), and ONE Ice Dance Couple (1M+1F=2) for a total of SIX (6) athletes. Each athlete must be qualified in the Individual Competitions (With the exception of “Additional Quota” Skaters). A team must be have Qualified skaters/couples in at least THREE different disciplines.

A nation qualifies for the team event by earning “Qualification Points.”
    These Qualification Points are earned in these two stages.

1. The first stage is the 2016/17 ISU Championships Season (2017 World Figure Skating Championships, 2017 European Figure Skating Championships, 2017 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, 2017 World Junior Figure Skating Championships)

2. The second stage will be the 2017/18 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series (2017/18 Senior Grand Prix Series & Grand Prix Final, and 2017/18 Junior Grand Prix Series [Junior Grand Prix Final not counted]).

How are points earned.

- Each country earns 8 sets of points- In other words, two sets of points are earned in each of the four disciplines- one from stage 1, and one from stage 2.
    - At each stage, the highest amount of points earned a the most senior/prestigious event counts. In Stage 1, 2017 Words > 2017 Euros/4CC > 2017 Jnr. Words). In Stage 2 (2017/18 Grand Prix Series/Final > 2017/18 Junior Grand Prix [2017/18 Junior Grand Prix Final does not count]).
    - Tie Break 1: 2017 World Figure Skating Championships; Tie-Break 2: 2017/18 Grand Prix Series.
    - Technically, TWO men, TWO women, TWO pairs, and TWO Ice Dance Couples can contribute to this score by earning one set of points at each stage, for each discipline.
    - No country is technically out of the running until the final quota spots have been decided at the final qualification event- the 2017 Nebelhorn Trophy.
    Last edited by GF2445; 03-08-2017 at 09:17 PM.

5 Not allowed!

Exclamation Stage One Standings COMPLETE

Click the link to view to view the unofficial standings for the FIRST Qualification stage (The 2016-17 ISU Championships) for the Olympic Team Event at the 2018 Winter Olympics.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by GF2445; 04-18-2017 at 05:16 PM.

1 Not allowed!

Lightbulb Stage Two Standings

This link will keep you up to date on the unofficial standings for the SECOND Qualification stage (2017-18 ISU Grand Prix) for the Olympic Team Event at the 2018 Winter Olympics.

*Table will be active next season.

1 Not allowed!

Team Event Overall Standings

This link will keep you up to date on the unofficial OVERALL Standings for the Olympic Team Event at the 2018 Winter Olympics.

*Table will be active following the 2017 ISU World Figure Skating Championships, and the 2017-18 ISU Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    thanks so much for this thread!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Suprised to see Spain in top 10 teams. Question: what if there won't be 10 teams who have qualified spots in at least 3 disciplines?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cathlen View Post
    Suprised to see Spain in top 10 teams. Question: what if there won't be 10 teams who have qualified spots in at least 3 disciplines?
    The rules are not clear, but it seems that if there are less than ten nations in three disciplines, there will probably be less than 10 teams competing. OR thie ISU will need to send out another communication to clarify.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    kind of confused about the team makeup
    you said 1 man, 1 woman, 1 pair team, 1 dance team

but didn't ashley and gracie win a bronze team event medal at the olympics in 2014?

The land of SnuggleBat and Cuddlepie

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yuzushenko View Post
    kind of confused about the team makeup
    you said 1 man, 1 woman, 1 pair team, 1 dance team

but didn't ashley and gracie win a bronze team event medal at the olympics in 2014?
    Yes, because if a country has multiple skaters, they can substitute in up to two events between the SP and the LP. The US chose to use Ashley and Jeremy for the SPs, then substituted them for Gracie and Jason for the FS.

If, by some miracle, Australia made the FS in the team event, we would not get that choice - the same skaters would have to do the FS as did the SP.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Yes, because if a country has multiple skaters, they can substitute in up to two events between the SP and the LP. The US chose to use Ashley and Jeremy for the SPs, then substituted them for Gracie and Jason for the FS.

If, by some miracle, Australia made the FS in the team event, we would not get that choice - the same skaters would have to do the FS as did the SP.
    I don't think it needs a miracle for Australia to qualify.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spain and/or Germany decided not to participate to save their front runners for their individual events.... and then, Israel doesn't seem to have a lady? Or do they have one who just didn't yet earn points?

So Australia depends on the decision/eligibility of two teams but they are next in line.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    So Australia depends on the decision/eligibility of two teams but they are next in line.
    But for now Australia ongly got spot in Men, so not eligible for team event yet. they will have to fight in Nebelhorn for another two spots, and while I think Pairs are very possile, there iwll be many Ladies and ID teams (including Coomes/Buckland) to fight for that spot that are left.

Tripping on the Podium Nathan13's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't be surprised if Spain and/or Germany decided not to participate to save their front runners for their individual events.... and then, Israel doesn't seem to have a lady? Or do they have one who just didn't yet earn points?

Israel has Aimee Buchanan, who finished 31st at Euros, but I dont think she had the minimum for Worlds...We'll see what she can do next year to qualify.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!

Karne meant a miracle to reach the FS. Only top 5 after SP go to FS. So yes, Australia needs a miracle to get in top 5.

As for qualifying to the Olympic team event, I agree that Spain and Israel aren't likely to qualify in a third event, so they should be out. Out of the rest, I agree Australia is the only one with a fairy chance to get spots in 3 events. I believe pairs is highly likely (final 4 spots should likely be down to 4 out those 5 IMO: Czech Rep, Australia, North Korea, Japan and Austria) and if France leaves their second spot vacant, they are 99% certain barring injuries at Nebelhorn. Lady is a possibility. On 2017 Worlds results she would have made it. But I would rate it as a strong possibility but not as 100% sure.
    They won't qualify a spot for Ice Dance.

As for Germany, I can see them not fielding Aliona/Bruno for the Team Event but they should take part with their second entry as they have 2 spots in pairs. Man, woman and ice dance couple, whoever will be selected, are not medal contender. So they can take part here even if they get a bit tired.
    Last edited by Andrea82; 04-03-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Tripping on the Podium Nathan13's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Is Alexandrovskaya's citizenship a factor in this at all? I know karne said that the lawyers were working on it, anybody have updates on the status? Surely a gold Junior World medal should speed up the process, right?

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    I agree that Australia is likely to be in IF they can qualify in two more events. Based on worlds results, pairs and ladies are quite attainable, though nothing is ever a sure thing.

Many on Golden Skate will be pulling for the Australian skaters at Nebelhorn, and I'm sure if they qualify for 2 more Olympic events we will all be able to hear Karne's screams of excitement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast