Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Questions Thread

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanIsALegand View Post
    I just wanted to get opinions on the way the medal ceremonies are being carried out. Why do they not get their medals in the normal way? I think it is kind of weird.
    The short answer is that the combination of flower ceremony and medal ceremony IS standard operating procedure for the Olympics. Medalists in other sports are receiving their Sochi medals in exactly the same way as the skaters.
    This question has been previously discussed on GS, and for a previous post, I had looked up a link to an explanatory page on the Sochi2014.com site. Will let you find it for yourself if you are interested.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by composer View Post
    I was just watching an Olympics practice session and was wondering - what is the standard etiquette when a specific skater's music is playing? How far away should the other skaters be from the skater doing the runthrough? Do they have to refrain from making any specific moves? Or just anything else in particular?

Do the skaters ever get to practice with just one person on the ice at a time?
    At my rink we put a bright vest or tie a neon ribbon like a belt to whoever is up and practicing a full program. We always give them the right away but being figure skating that doesnt always happen. Ive seen girls and coaches having it out on many occasions! We also have specified jump and or spin corners that nobody should loaf around in. Stay out of goalie creases too...lol. These girls (Olympians and ISU GP competitors)are much better and being limited to 5 or 6 skaters of such caliber it must be much easier knowing who is doing a program. I've heard of intimidation happening and accidental/on purpose interruptions on all levels. It is a highly competitive sport after all.

Tripping on the Podium
    Thank you gkelly!

Tripping on the Podium
    Thank you Sam--Skwantch!

Custom Title
    I don't know if this suits stupid questions thread, but is there a dress rehearsal today? If there is, what time does it start?

Stupid QUESTION!!!
    I have accidentally tapped quotes on the ladies SP thread and every post now has 3 quoted posted from earlier, each irrelavent to what im posting. It only happens when I hit reply with quote. It's über annoying and I don't want to hunt thru 150 pages of this thread searching to de-select the quotes. Pretty stupid right? Is there a way to erase them without reading that whole thread. Please advise.

Side note I'm using an iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Stupid QUESTION!!!
    I have accidentally tapped quotes on the ladies SP thread and every post now has 3 quoted posted from earlier, each irrelavent to what im posting. It only happens when I hit reply with quote. It's über annoying and I don't want to hunt thru 150 pages of this thread searching to de-select the quotes. Pretty stupid right? Is there a way to erase them without reading that whole thread. Please advise.

Side note I'm using an iPhone
    I should delete my post but Ill stand by it and prove how stupid that question was. All I did was log out, which apparently an iPhone never does, and they were gone. Ill leave this here in case anyone else overlooks this simple solution.

THANK YOU. I was just about to type, No :( there is no way to do that except search through 150 pages and unclick everything. I guess that's because I am never logged out.

Just wondering, and actually posted this question in another thread but nobody answered me,
    How Russian skaters were inflated in Sochi by not having any Russian judges on the board (ladies SP and LP)?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    Just wondering, and actually posted this question in another thread but nobody answered me,
    How Russian skaters were inflated in Sochi by not having any Russian judges on the board (ladies SP and LP)?
    There was a Russian judge in the FS, she's the one who is married to the head of the Russian Skatin fed.
    A member of the technical panel was also Russian. Alexander LAKERNIK.

Custom Title
    Does Tara have a steady boyfriend?

What happened to Moniotte and Lavanchy? Coaching? Commentating? Got mainstream jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Does Tara have a steady boyfriend?
    No, at least not that she has shared publicly.

Figure Skating Videos (also forum).

I'd love to register but clicking on "register account" makes nothing happen.

Does anyone know how to create an account there?

Thanks in advance!!!

Custom Title
    How is a jump judged if the free foot barely touches the ice? Skaters bend the knee of landing leg while swinging the free leg, and sometimes I see the free leg getting dangerously close to the ice. I suppose it happens sometimes? (free-foot touching the ice) It is definitely not the same as two-foot landing, but I am curious whether there is any penalty for that under current rules.

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast