Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Questions Thread

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Follow up ???

Was it an early host pick like Gracie Gold's @ SA or was it later like the ones were learning about now?
    Kaetlyn Osmond's assignment to 2012 Skate Canada International was announced on May 23, as part of the big reveal of all the initial GP assignments.

Lacoste, Osmond, and "TBD" were Skate Canada's picks for ladies that were divulged at that time.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Thank you Golden411 and Doris.

"Host picks" go first, right? So technically if the world champion is chosen by the host nation and then wins the event, that would be a "host pick." I guess the question would be about skaters who were not otherwise guaranteed an assignment, but were allowed to compete only as a host pick -- has a person in that category ever medalled?

That was what I intended but instead I asked using the wrong phrasing. Has a TBD ever medaled or even won? That would be a better question. I figured after my follow up I should just quit asking.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    In Communication 1861, go down the list until you come to the element you want. Let's say an Upright Spin level 3 (USp3). There is a row of 9 numbers (some are blznk):

1.5 1.0 0.5 1.9 blank blank -0.3 -0.6 -0.9

The three numbers in bold are the base value for the elemnt, 70% of thee base value, and 50% of the base value. The skater only gets 70% or 50% of base value for various errors. (For jumps 70% for under-rotation marked "<" and I think the 50% is for a wrong-edge takeoff on a flip or Lutz. i am not sure what spin errors receive this kind of reduction of base value.)

The three numbers on the left are how many points the skater gets for +3, +2, and +1 GOE. The three numbers on the right are the numbers of pints the skater gets for -1, -2, and -3 GOE, respectively.

So for instance if the judge gives a -2, that is automativally converted by the computer into -0.6 points. After discarding highest and lowest, the remaining seven numbers are averaged, and that's the GOE for that element that you see in the protocol.
    awesome, mathman... got it. thanks

Medalist
    is there a place where i can find scores from all fs events? couldn't find anything on isu site

Here is a link to this forum that has every event from last year.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/for...ons-and-Events

I've been able to google events and find the protocols by searching like this:

'World Championship Figure skating (insert year) Protocols.

But that always requires a search so if there is a giant archive....I'd like to know too. Most importantly I want to bookmark it.

Medalist

But that always requires a search so if there is a giant archive....I'd like to know too. Most importantly I want to bookmark it.
    Thanks. That's a good resource which I will use, but I was looking for the scorecards which show each judges points, even the trimmed scores. I found one for sochi ladies lp and thought it would be nice if there was a place which had them for all events. You think ISU would have this.

I figured it would help me learn to score things better to see the verbose scorecards instead of simply final scores

Wait..,I'm confused. Are you looking for the protocols? This has the judges scores listed for each skater. Click the red 'Results' link for any event. It's divided by SP, LP, for Men,Ladies,Pairs, and Ice Dance. Then look to the right of any event for the judges scores. I think it says judges scores(PDF)

You get this.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._SP_Scores.pdf

If that isn't what you want I'm sorry but it is all the judges scores marked for PCS and GOE. Everything is totaled and factored on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by ManLady View Post
    is there a place where i can find scores from all fs events? couldn't find anything on isu site

ManLady, "all FS events" is a tall order. I think the ISU site prob. does have many of the links that you want, if you take the trouble to click around. (Exceptions: it would not have links for Nats.)

Sam-Skwantch's GS link is a very good answer to your question.

In case another one would be helpful, you could try looking here:
    http://www.skatetoday.com/category/latest-results/ (includes direct links to some Senior Bs as well as ISU competitions and some Nationals)

Medalist
    Wait..,I'm confused. Are you looking for the protocols? This has the judges scores listed for each skater. Click the red 'Results' link for any event. It's divided by SP, LP, for Men,Ladies,Pairs, and Ice Dance. Then look to the right of any event for the judges scores. I think it says judges scores(PDF)

You get this.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._SP_Scores.pdf

If that isn't what you want I'm sorry but it is all the judges scores marked for PCS and GOE. Everything is totaled and factored on the right.
    oh, got you i didn't click the red 'results' link, just jumped into the thread. yes, that is exactly what i was looking for. awesome. thanks again

Medalist
    oh, got you i didn't click the red 'results' link, just jumped into the thread. yes, that is exactly what i was looking for. awesome. thanks again
    still, funny isu doesn't have an interface for their isuresults.com ... ?

they have one for speed skating: http://www.isuresults.eu/

?

still, funny isu doesn't have an interface for their isuresults.com ... ?
    The figure skating results used to be easier to reach -- through the www.isu.org events list -- before the recent revamping of the ISU site.

I think at this point, if you start at www.isu.org, you have to click open an individual event page to reach the corresponding isuresults.com page.

Another way to save time is to use a search engine and limit the search to isuresults.com.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Another way to save time is to use a search engine and limit the search to isuresults.com.
    Yes, precise search term would be "site:isuresults.com (other search terms go here)"

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Mrs. P, that's what I do...and search Golden Skate archives.

Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast