Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Questions Thread

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    While I love that pic Mathman and thank you. My guess is YLfan wants to know if this is legal.
    http://www.topcools.com/wp-content/u...Sochi-2014.jpg

I don't think so but don't know the specific rule on such things...just word of mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    While I love that pic Mathman and thank you. My guess is YLfan wants to know if this is legal.
    http://www.topcools.com/wp-content/u...Sochi-2014.jpg

I don't think so but don't know the specific rule on such things...just word of mouth.
    I don't see why it wouldn't be as a beginning or ending pose?

Custom Title
    Does anyone know which version of Take Five Jeffrey Buttle used in 2003-2004?
    I really like this program and it sounds a bit different from the usual Take Five I think.(this version seems to have little bit of embellishment just before the main saxophone melody begins.)
    I'd really appreciate it if anyone can give me some info on this music.

eta: I was doing some more Youtubeing and realized that Patrick Chan also used same version of Take Five. Really wonder who the musician is...

Custom Title
    Hey, does anyone remember or know who has skated to titanic soundtrack over the years?
    I remember watching ice dance as a kid only cause there was a couple skating to it.. Does anyone know who they were..?

Quote Originally Posted by YLFan View Post
    Is it illegal to do a splits in a program?
    Don't think so. Maybe it just doesn't pay off?

Vanessa Gusmeroli's trademark:

Worlds 1997 (WC bronze)

Worlds 1999

Worlds 2000

Anna Lundström Sweden:

A very nervous Anna at her second worlds in 2000 at the beginning of the short program

And her long: Worlds 2000

Quote Originally Posted by supsu View Post
    Hey, does anyone remember or know who has skated to titanic soundtrack over the years?
    I remember watching ice dance as a kid only cause there was a couple skating to it.. Does anyone know who they were..?
    IDK about Ice Dancers who have used it but S/S skated to it here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a57Hdl0MHLI

Quote Originally Posted by gourry View Post
    Does anyone know which version of Take Five Jeffrey Buttle used in 2003-2004?
    I really like this program and it sounds a bit different from the usual Take Five I think.(this version seems to have little bit of embellishment just before the main saxophone melody begins.)
    I'd really appreciate it if anyone can give me some info on this music.

eta: I was doing some more Youtubeing and realized that Patrick Chan also used same version of Take Five. Really wonder who the musician is...
    Paul Desmond
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ToDoj-pWM

Custom Title
    Thank you for your reply.
    But I don't think it's the same arrangement. The arrangement Jeffrey and Patrick's programs used has some embellishment(not sure the proper musical term...) between the drum-piano and the main saxophone melody in the beginning.
    I know Paul Desmond composed this music but was hoping if someone knew which particular arrangement they used.

But I don't think it's the same arrangement. The arrangement Jeffrey and Patrick's programs used has some embellishment(not sure the proper musical term...) between the drum-piano and the main saxophone melody in the beginning.
    I know Paul Desmond composed this music but was hoping if someone knew which particular arrangement they used.
    In the album version there's a like 2-minute long improv section. In the album, it's mainly a drum solo, but others have opted for the sax solo you heard from Patrick and Jeffery.

I had a hard time finding it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    In the album version there's a like 2-minute long improv section. In the album, it's mainly a drum solo, but others have opted for the sax solo you heard from Patrick and Jeffery.

I had a hard time finding it as well.
    Exactly what Mrs. P said.

Also, whoever cut the music for both Jeff and Patrick did so to make it sound the way you hear it incorporated in the program version.

Custom Title
    Thank you very much Mrs. P and IcyEdges!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YLFan View Post
    Is it illegal to do a splits in a program?
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai
    You mean in the air? No, not to my knowledge. Sasha Cohen was the last person I saw do one though, as part of her spiral sequence in 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by YLFan
    No, on the ice.
    Under the current rules, during a competitive program the majority of the skater weight has to be supported by at least one blade. A kneeling position where one blade still rests on the ice would be OK, a full split where both of the blades are in no contact with the ice would be treated as a fall (-1 deduction).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by inskate View Post
    Under the current rules, during a competitive program the majority of the skater weight has to be supported by at least one blade. A kneeling position where one blade still rests on the ice would be OK, a full split where both of the blades are in no contact with the ice would be treated as a fall (-1 deduction).
    Aww. No fun. (Seriously though, while the pic of Yulia is , at the same time I'm grateful we can't get Big Spenders in competition).

Looking for ice in the tropics bellflower's Avatar
    I have another stupid question!

Assuming that a skater is ambidextrous, is (s)he allowed to jump in both directions, making a combination such as a 3Lz/3Lz?

Ferinheight should never enter negatives! StitchMonkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bellflower View Post
    I have another stupid question!

Assuming that a skater is ambidextrous, is (s)he allowed to jump in both directions, making a combination such as a 3Lz/3Lz?
    I have been wondering this as well, and to elaborate. . . could they get more points for it perhaps. . . seems it could at least count as difficult/interesting entrance. . . taking off on the opposite food.

Also would they still count as the same jump? I.e. could they do more than the current limit, if they added counter-rotated jumps? Taking off on a different foot seems somewhat a "different" jump to me.

Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast