Random Figure Skating Questions | Page 98 | Golden Skate

Random Figure Skating Questions

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wondering if anyone knows what the status of Antipova/Maisuradze is? Retired, preparing for the season, split...?

I take it you haven't heard about Julia.

Here is the link to the relevant GS thread:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51955

We haven't heard anything about her for a couple of months, so I hope she is continuing to improve.

If anybody has heard anything new, PLEASE let us know (preferably in the dedicated thread, seeing as it has not been archived).

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:
Country
Russia
A question to those who speaks both English and Russian - what is the proper English equivalent to the Russian term "скольжение"?
Skating skills.

It is slang term, more official - "Skating Skills" = "Мастерство катания" or "Уровень катания" (in official documents).

Last edited:
Country
Russia
I take it you haven't heard about Julia.

Here is the link to the relevant GS thread:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51955

We haven't heard anything about her for a couple of months, so I hope she is continuing to improve.

If anybody has heard anything new, PLEASE let us know (preferably in the dedicated thread, seeing as it has not been archived).

CaroLiza_fan

See in dedicated thread.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Having a mental block right now (and don't feel like looking it up atm)

Which other skaters of note used POTO in 2014-2015 programs, other than --

Hanyu
Mura
Murakami

?

moriel

Record Breaker
Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

D'oh! :drama: Of course, this is a perfect example. I've been thinking of beginning a project, and wanted to briefly cover POTO along with 4 skaters that used it this season.

Thanks to both of you for the lists.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Also found this awesome thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2012–13_figure_skating_season_music pity its not updated anymore =(

If you want super-awesome, I hope everyone already is aware of the super-informative annual lists of program music right here on GS :yes:.

Doris puts a ton of effort into collecting and organizing all the information in the OPs of each year's thread. Many thanks to Doris (and to your partner in crime ;) Mrs. P) for these amazing resources :bow:.

A thread with links to the annual GS lists going back to 2009 is in the Reference subforum, thanks to Mrs. P.
Starting with the 2009-2010 season, Doris's lists are very extensive.
(I believe the first list, for 2008-2009, was a "warm-up" for succeeding years.)

The current 2015-2016 thread is well underway in The Edge, and as always, the OPs are faithfully updated as music selections come to light and/or get posted in the thread.
Thanks also to all who contribute to the threads with news of music selections.

Note to Doris:
What would you think about putting a link to the reference thread (with links to past threads) at the top of the current season's thread?
Thanks again for your work on these and so many other threads.​

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you want super-awesome, I hope everyone already is aware of the super-informative annual lists of program music right here on GS :yes:.

Doris puts a ton of effort into collecting and organizing all the information in the OPs of each year's thread. Many thanks to Doris (and to your partner in crime ;) Mrs. P) for these amazing resources :bow:.

A thread with links to the annual GS lists going back to 2009 is in the Reference subforum, thanks to Mrs. P.
Starting with the 2009-2010 season, Doris's lists are very extensive.
(I believe the first list, for 2008-2009, was a "warm-up" for succeeding years.)

The current 2015-2016 thread is well underway in The Edge, and as always, the OPs are faithfully updated as music selections come to light and/or get posted in the thread.
Thanks also to all who contribute to the threads with news of music selections.

Note to Doris:
What would you think about putting a link to the reference thread (with links to past threads) at the top of the current season's thread?
Thanks again for your work on these and so many other threads.​

Great Idea! It's done.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do running 3's count as s difficult entrance into a spin?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Is Vanessa Lam still skating ? I just watched her SP from 2011 and she seemed very promising and very young.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Is Vanessa Lam still skating ? I just watched her SP from 2011 and she seemed very promising and very young.

She actually got a GP assignment last year. It was met with confusion on here as i recall, and later she was scratched out and replaced. So it would look like a no, if she ended up not going to a grand prix. I hope it was her choice.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

She actually got a GP assignment last year. It was met with confusion on here as i recall, and later she was scratched out and replaced. So it would look like a no, if she ended up not going to a grand prix. I hope it was her choice.

Vanessa Lam was admitted to Harvard and was planning to start there in 2014.
I don't know whether she stuck to this plan, and I don't know whether she decided to take a break from skating or to leave the sport permanently.
But it's very possible that her absence from competitive skating is related to pursuing her education.

ETA:
Vanessa indeed is a Harvard student, per LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/vanessa-lam/ab/311/6b

Last edited:

ArgieFan

Rinkside
I have my fool question: There was or there is some skater capable of jump clockwise and anticlockwise?