Mirai Nagasu (Pasadena FSC)
Ashley Wagner (SC of Wilmington)
Angela Wang (Salt Lake Figure Skating)
Agnes Zawadzki (Broadmoor SC)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Mrs. P, I thought byes were only given if the conflicting event was in reasonable proximity to Sectionals (a couple of weeks) - so competing on the GP would do the trick, but not some of the JGP events, and certainly not summer competitions? Were the rules changed this year for byes by USFSA?

If Nebelhorn works as a bye, why for example, doesn't Rachael get out of Sectionals because she is skating at Cup of Nice?

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs. P, I thought byes were only given if the conflicting event was in reasonable proximity to Sectionals (a couple of weeks) - so competing on the GP would do the trick, but not some of the JGP events, and certainly not summer competitions? Were the rules changed this year for byes by USFSA?

If Nebelhorn works as a bye, why for example, doesn't Rachael get out of Sectionals because she is skating at Cup of Nice?

The amount of time isn't published but I've seen people mention (namely Sylvia) that it's 7 days for us and european comps and 10 days for Asian comps.

Ashley Cain was able to get out of regionals because of Nebelhorn, but she still has to go to sectionals. Cup of Nice is a few weeks from sectionals, so Rachael and Kiri still have to go to sectionals. The only senior B in conflict with sectionals is the Ice Challenge in Graz. And it looks like (for now) they gave that spot to Courtney Hicks, which makes sense given that she doesn't have a second GP, but doesn't provide any additional byes.

Also i've edited my roster to clarify some of the byes.

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Confirmed Roster?

http://www.examiner.com/article/u-s...er-ladies-head-to-2014-national-championships

Top 5 get byes to Nationals
1.) Ashley Wagner
2.) Gracie Gold
3.) Agnes Zadwadzki
4.) Courtney Hicks
5.) Christina Gao

Bye due to making JGPF
6.) Polina Edmunds
7.) Angela Wang

Bye
8) Mirai Nagasu (Rostelecom Cup)
9) Samantha Cesario (Eric Bompard)

Eastern Sectionals
Kira Baga
Franchesca Chiera
Joelle Forte
Yasmin Siraj

Midwestern
Mariah Bell
Ashley Cain
Barbie Long
Hannah Miller

Pacific Coast
Vanessa Lam
Rachael Flatt
Leah Keiser
Caroline Zhang

katymay

Medalist

Very shameful if you ask me. I do not care if the particular skater's skills have eroded, of if she is 45 years old...if you have been top three in nationals, in ANY YEAR, you ought to get a bye. Rachel Flatt having to go through regionals? Just shameful.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Confirmed Roster?

http://www.examiner.com/article/u-s...er-ladies-head-to-2014-national-championships

Top 5 get byes to Nationals
1.) Ashley Wagner
2.) Gracie Gold
3.) Agnes Zadwadzki
4.) Courtney Hicks
5.) Christina Gao

Bye due to making JGPF
6.) Polina Edmunds
7.) Angela Wang

Bye
8) Mirai Nagasu (Rostelecom Cup)
9) Samantha Cesario (Eric Bompard)

Eastern Sectionals
Kira Baga
Franchesca Chiera
Joelle Forte
Yasmin Siraj

Midwestern
Mariah Bell
Ashley Cain
Barbie Long
Hannah Miller

Pacific Coast
Vanessa Lam
Rachael Flatt
Leah Keiser
Caroline Zhang

This is easily one of the most competitive rosters we've had in a while! Should be an exciting event!!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
This is easily one of the most competitive rosters we've had in a while! Should be an exciting event!!
I agree, really no low-level skaters! All of this skaters but one (Chiera, and we all know how extraordinary her story is!) have been in the JGP/GP and all but one (Forte) on the podium, too!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Very shameful if you ask me. I do not care if the particular skater's skills have eroded, of if she is 45 years old...if you have been top three in nationals, in ANY YEAR, you ought to get a bye. Rachel Flatt having to go through regionals? Just shameful.

I disagree. I think you need to show the form needed to be competitive in the field. Your rule would allow Nicole Bobek or Tonya Kwiatkowski to show up at Nationals in 2014.

Jedi

On the Ice
Forget Nicole or Tonia what about Linda Fratianne or Lisa Marie Allen or Peggy Fleming.