Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What are Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy's chances of winning the Olympic title?

Banned
    typical whining losers whining about the poor S/S,
    get over it, these two can't beat anything they execute nothing perfectly
    its a laugh to even compare that S/S have the same

its not V/T they have been skating clean, they may have power presentation and their skills are big,
    so you want big dirty trickss ? the 2 footed 3A no thanks
    unless of course you harbor hopes of multiple disasters for the sake of the robbed S/S
    these two are the jokes S/S did not deserve 2 World titles and 2 European titles one for K/S

Banned
    a clean MT/M should beat S/S

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyLex View Post
    They are Patrick Chan of pairs skating. They had a disastrous SP in Nice and still almost won the entire thing despite Aliona and Robin doing great in both portions. They are a lock for the gold unless the arena's roof caves in crashing down on their heads.

I would ask a different question: do clean V/T REALLY deserve to be beating clean S/S? (I mean, I do realize S/S have been having problems being clean for a while now, but nevertheless, I think clean V/T will always win over clean S/S.)

My answer would be no. I really don't see where V/T are so vastly superior. Their lifts are usually shaky or slow. Their twist is amazing, but their throws are 3sal and 3loop versus S/S's 3flip and 3axel. Both teams have amazing artistry, different, but equally great. I would say S/S's pair spin is also better, while V/T's twist is definitely better.

So where is it that V/T are so much better than everyone else, cause I honestly don't see it? They are great - but not world record breaking great to me. Especially with that hideous JCS FP.

I'll put my heart and soul out there to support and cheer for Aliona and Robin. I want them to be clean and I want them to win that OGM so badly.
    did you even watch 2012 Worlds ? S/S had mistakes in both programs. it was V/T who should ahve won in nice
    you are delusional, all your statements are a laugh

its clear to the naked eye V/T throws are huge, that merits +3 GOE's
    S/S have average everything average twits, lifts maybe different but the air positionings are average and their throws are not that good compared to V/T
    even if they attempt their two footed 3Axels. S/S wins as the most overrated pairs in history. its no use though you'll probably scream robbed regardless of their skates, lmao

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    0.1%

Volosozhar/Trankov have been extremely consistent so far and even if Savchenko/Szolkowy did skate clean (which isn't likely, given their track record, especially with a th3a) V/T's PCS and GOE have now reached ridiculous 'Dwhitevoir territory' levels and they are regularly being showered with +2s/3s and high 9s/10s, despite the fact their programs are not very complex (and it's not like they execute every single element to a very high standard either).

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    its not V/T they have been skating clean, they may have power presentation and their skills are big
    Yes, V/T's have been much more consistent. But their programs are nowhere near as complex as Savchenko/Szolkowy's. Mostly cross-overs and element entries far longer than the ones S/S have.

its clear to the naked eye V/T throws are huge, that merits +3 GOE's
    There's more to a jump than the height it gets. Often their landings are a little shaky and don't have a lot of flow out and Volosozhar has a tendency to assist herself with her free foot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    0.1%

Volosozhar/Trankov have been extremely consistent so far and even if Savchenko/Szolkowy did skate clean (which isn't likely, especially with a th3a) V/T's PCS and GOE have now reached ridiculous 'Dwhitevoir territory' levels and they are regularly being showered with +2s/3s and high 9s/10s, despite the fact their programs are not very complex (and it's not like they execute every single element to a very high standard either).
    V/T throw alone deserve all the +2 +3 GOE's the height and coverage of the throw alone is huge
    S/S have average throws and their 3A are inconsistent and two footed at that

V/T have raw power and huge skills, with their huge throws, big jumps, great speed and amazing twists
    S/S have what again ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

There's more to a jump than the height it gets. Often their landings are a little shaky and don't have a lot of flow out and Volosozhar has a tendency to assist herself with her free foot.
    can you explain to me then the godly S/S what their jumps flows are ?
    I seem to recall Szolkowy is very consistent with his jumps and the overrated Savchenko gets to not two foot correct ?

did you even watch 2012 Worlds ? S/S had mistakes in both programs. it was V/T who should ahve won in nice
    V/T lost that event in the SP, as they should have. S/S may not have been clean, but V/T were awful in the SP and left themselves too much to do.

V/T throw alone deserve all the +2 +3 GOE's the height and coverage of the throw alone is huge
    S/S have average throws and their 3A are inconsistent and two footed at that
    No, height and coverage are not enough for +2 and 3 GOEs. You need at least four of the following for +2 and six for +3:
    1) unexpected / creative / difficult entry
    2) good position of man at release
    3) good air position of lady
    4) good extension on landing / creative exit
    5) good speed, height, distance
    6) good control and flow on the landing
    7) effortless throughout
    8) element matched to the musical structure

Call me when V/T have a consistent 3F throw, let alone a 3A. At least S/S challenge themselves.

V/T have raw power and huge skills, with their huge throws, big jumps, great speed and amazing twists
    S/S have what again ?
    As I already noted, S/S do more difficult throws, and while the 3A is still a work in progress, their other throws are very good. They also put one at the very end of the LP, not three seconds after the halfway mark. They're fast and have very good skating skills, they skate harder and more original programs, while V/T are doing blah choreo with posing sections. I'd like to see V/T attempt an S/S or a D/R program, I doubt they'd look so amazing. They have some great elements, but if you pay attention to something other than the height of their twists, you'd notice that they are weaker than other teams in various areas.

If V/T weren't the top Russian pair going in to the Olympics in Russia after no Russian pairs had medalled at the Olympics in the previous games (for the first time in decades), their PCS would not be in the mid to upper 9s and their GOEs might come closer to reflecting what they're doing.

I was super excited to see V/T when they first paired up and thought they had a lot of potential when they debuted together in 2011, but their boring (at best) and tacky (at worst) programs, unwillingness to challenge themselves, and the way they have been overmarked have combined to make them decidedly less appealing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    V/T lost that event in the SP, as they should have. S/S may not have been clean, but V/T were awful in the SP and left themselves too much to do.

No, height and coverage are not enough for +2 and 3 GOEs. You need at least four of the following for +2 and six for +3:
    7) effortless throughout

Call me when V/T have a consistent 3F throw, let alone a 3A. At least S/S challenge themselves.

As I already noted, S/S do more difficult throws, and while the 3A is still a work in progress, their other throws are very good. They also put one at the very end of the LP, not three seconds after the halfway mark. They're fast and have very good skating skills, they skate harder and more original programs, while V/T are doing blah choreo with posing sections. I'd like to see V/T attempt an S/S or a D/R program, I doubt they'd look so amazing.
    They have some great elements, but if you pay attention to something other than the height of their twists, you'd notice that they are weaker than other teams in various areas.

If V/T weren't the top Russian pair going in to the Olympics in Russia after no Russian pairs had medalled at the Olympics in the previous games (for the first time in decades), their PCS would not be in the mid to upper 9s and their GOEs might come closer to reflecting what they're doing.

I was super excited to see V/T when they first paired up and thought they had a lot of potential when they debuted together in 2011, but their boring (at best) and tacky (at worst) programs, unwillingness to challenge themselves, and the way they have been overmarked have combined to make them decidedly less appealing.
    then challenge if you can do the big skills from your elements, I dont see Yuna attempting a 3A just to match with Maos
    the way you say tacky you make it sound like S/S have some god original programs, D/R you mentioned, was that a joke ?
    their SP is classic and their LP is different but then had S/S kated this it will be called a materpiece,
    you are delusional, you are just negating what V/T do best, really V/T are only good in twists ?

stop whining and get over it
    V/T have the upper hand in huge power and big skills

poor S/S , bohhoo robbed of their gold medal

Banned

then not only they will have to do their elements big/clean they have to find a god awful connection from this two
    if you even think their so called being innovative is creative is a laugh, Szolkowy has a blank face and skates like a rock next to the overrated Savchenko

then challenge if you can do the big skills from your elements, I dont see Yuna attempting a 3A just to match with Maos
    the way you say tacky you make it sound like S/S have some god original programs, D/R you mentioned, was that a joke ?
    their SP is classic and their LP is different but then had S/S kated this it will be called a materpiece,
    you are delusional
    S/S have a consistent 3F. The only way to get an element consistent is to attempt it; they seem to be getting closer with the 3A. D/R have very demanding programs - difficult jumps, difficult transitions and creative entries into elements.

No V/T program could have been called a masterpiece regardless of who skated it. This annoys me, because they are capable of so much more.

stop whining and get over it
    V/T have the upper hand in huge power and big skills
    Stop being a boring uber. V/T have a lot to recommend them, but they are not superior, let alone vastly superior, to the rest of the top pairs. They mainly have the upper hand in getting top quality politikking.

If you don't like people to contradict you, don't come to a general discussion forum, or at least stick to the fan fest section.

Banned
    S/S have a consistent 3F. The only way to get an element consistent is to attempt it; they seem to be getting closer with the 3A. D/R have very demanding programs - difficult jumps, difficult transitions and creative entries into elements.

No V/T program could have been called a masterpiece regardless of who skated it. This annoys me, because they are capable of so much more.

Stop being a boring uber. V/T have a lot to recommend them, but they are not superior, let alone vastly superior, to the rest of the top pairs. They mainly have the upper hand in getting top quality politikking.

If you don't like people to contradict you, don't come to a general discussion forum, or at least stick to the fan fest section.
    aren't you just doing the same them, hoping for the worst for V/T because they can get their elements consistent
    and shed the robbed wolf cry that S/S are robbed and vastly superior ? because I cannot name a thing or element S/S that you call as superior

were V/T being consistent a threat to the poor S/S that you ahve to resort to not doing big difficult elements ?
    I will say it again their skills are big that even those experimental elements can even it, you'd really think a two footed 3A merits +3 GOE and gets full credit ?

If V/T have been consistent its not their fault nor resort to blaming them
    get over it !

Custom Title
    Thank you. This is exactly how I feel about them. Tatiana's gorgeous lines are wasted on the programs they do. I don't see how their PCS are justified.

You make some great points, Buttercup. But I suspect you'd be better off arguing with a wall...

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear
    But I suspect you'd be better off arguing with a wall...
    Hey, at least Aliona doesn't have any weigth issues (yet )

Custom Title
    S/S have average everything average twits, lifts maybe different but the air positionings are average and their throws are not that good compared to V/T
    even if they attempt their two footed 3Axels. S/S wins as the most overrated pairs in history. its no use though you'll probably scream robbed regardless of their skates, lmao
    God, who the hell are you? and who let you out of an insane asylum?

take it easy, this thread was an open discussion until you started torpeding everyone who dares to say V/T are not pair skating gods.

S/S have choreographically the most interesting and challenging programs I've seen in pairs skating. Their lifts are effortless, while with V/T I constantly have the impression they're going to fall or he's going to drop her. S/S's throw 3flip is nothing but amazing.

And re: big throws. You might (or might not, the crazy uber that you are) remember Tatiana used to skate with a guy named Stansialv Morozov. Now they had BIG throws. And BIG twists. And somehow that didn't make that pair OGM material.

Not saying they're not great. Just saying, there are other equally great couples out there and it would be nice if some of them could actually have a shot at that gold.

On the Ice

7) effortless throughout

As I already noted, S/S do more difficult throws, and while the 3A is still a work in progress, their other throws are very good. They also put one at the very end of the LP, not three seconds after the halfway mark. They're fast and have very good skating skills, they skate harder and more original programs, while V/T are doing blah choreo with posing sections. I'd like to see V/T attempt an S/S or a D/R program, I doubt they'd look so amazing. They have some great elements, but if you pay attention to something other than the height of their twists, you'd notice that they are weaker than other teams in various areas.

thank you buttercup for the info about what makes a great throw jump , for the rest I totally agree ))

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast