Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Is it game over for Virtue and Moir already?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    And Mathman is right! I'm looking forward to seeing the changes & improvements in Tessa & Scott's programs at Skate Canada this weekend, and I hope against hope that NBC will be kind enough to at least show V&M's FD in the main telecast.
    Oh, man, I didn't even think of that! The only reason we got to see ice dance on Skate America is because an American couple won. I hope someone in the booth can make the case to the producers that V/M have to be shown so Americans understand what the stakes are in this competition. (And just because V/M are wonderful!)

Banned
    I dont think it is over for them by any means. The chance for the 2nd Olympic Gold is still there. This is not the pairs equivalent where V&T will win barring 3 falls or worse. But right now I would say D&W are 70-75% likely to win the Sochi Gold. If I were a betting with real money I know which team I would place my dollars with the bookies on right now.

Custom Title
    It ain't over til it's over. There's no reason to say V/M are done just because the judges/tech team at Finlandia gave them a hard time. They've never been at their best in the early season anyway. I'm sure their performance at SC will show a vast improvement. GPF will be their last and only head-to-head with D/W before Sochi and that should be a nailbiter.

Custom Title
    I'm baffled by all this angst also. V/M will fix whatever issues they feel they have, and they will show up in Sochi fully prepared to contend for the gold medal. The sun will rise in the east tomorrow and the Pope is still Catholic. I have no doubts about the certainty of all three of these things.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Why should the game be over? The top two spots will definitely be a fight between D&W and V&M. Anything can happen between now and Sochi. How people perceive is not as important as how the judges perceive and how they skate on that day. All the best to the competitors.
    Exactly! I believe that there were examples from the past that some skaters dominated almost the whole season until the biggest moment. I honestly don't understand this "game over" thing for any skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    I'm baffled by all this angst also. V/M will fix whatever issues they feel they have, and they will show up in Sochi fully prepared to contend for the gold medal. The sun will rise in the east tomorrow and the Pope is still Catholic. I have no doubts about the certainty of all three of these things.
    The last Olympic season had D/W and V/M leap past the rest of the competition. It was an incredible improvement over the previous season. D/W averaged about 25 points higher than their previous season. While both of their PSC are very good, both of them seem to have struggled to consistently hit levels over the past two years after Igor's firing.

Custom Title
    Having an Olympic gold medal in their pocket already, I believe V/M will be more relaxed mentally than D/W. That will give V/M the advantage at the most stressful moment.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Oh, man, I didn't even think of that! The only reason we got to see ice dance on Skate America is because an American couple won. I hope someone in the booth can make the case to the producers that V/M have to be shown so Americans understand what the stakes are in this competition. (And just because V/M are wonderful!)
    This is off topic but I couldn't find where you could start a new thread. Does anyone know what happened to the discussion board ar Ice network? Can't seem to find it.

Custom Title
    When I saw the thread title, I thought I seriously missed something like V/M decide to split? One got seriously injured?
    It is not the case and I don't see the legitimacy of the discussion.
    Even if they finish 2nd or 3rd in Sochi, that is still great. So what game??What over???!!!!
    And if they want to continue, they won't be that old to compete in the 2018 Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo1 View Post
    This is off topic but I couldn't find where you could start a new thread.
    "Post new thread" is in the upper left-hand corner of the main page for each sub-forum, just below the banner ads.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    And you need to click on the ad before being allowed to post.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo1 View Post
    This is off topic but I couldn't find where you could start a new thread. Does anyone know what happened to the discussion board ar Ice network? Can't seem to find it.
    From the top bar at IN, pick FANS. Then scroll to the bottom of the FANS page to find a link to the IN forums.

And no you don't need to click on an ad to post a new thread here at GS. Be serious, BOP

Custom Title
    Huh? What game?

Custom Title
    The gpf will be vital of course. Dw will win their two gps and vm will win their two events and all 4 wins will be gigantic landslides but Gpf will determine who is stronger.

Rinkside
    D&W will win the Olympic title this year. They have won every event in the last year so have taken over in jugdes minds as top team. They look stronger early this season. They will win the GPF as they have every year since 2010 now. This time will be different from 2010 and 2012 though as it will mean an extension of D&W's already long growing win streak, and V&M wont be able to come back from that. Add to all that D&W are the sentimental favorites since they haven't won the Olympics yet, and it will take a big error for V&M to defend their Olympic Gold I believe.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast