Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Is it game over for Virtue and Moir already?

I agree Marlie is the best in the world/ It's theirs to lose.

Custom Title
    I hope it's over....Scott Moir always acts like a self-entitled douch*.

Custom Title
    I wasn't super impressed with the first outing of VM's program in Finlandia, but IA that it's way too early to say they are in trouble, and I expect that who wins gold will come down to who skates better the night of the competition. That said, I'm really interested to see their scores from Skate Canada.

P.S. It just occurred to me that I read the team medal event is going to be skated before the individual events in Sochi. I wonder how that will effect the athletes' nerves. Maybe it will give them a chance to acclimate to the pressure?

Custom Title
    I wish the order of events was reversed. Skaters will have to give their all for the team event, and Heaven forbid, what if someone gets injured? (I'm presuming that at least some skaters will participate in both; I've totally forgotten the rules on that.)

^ I think you have to make the Olympic team as an individual in order to participate in the team event. So everyone in the team event will also compete as an individual.

I watched Voir's practice, they looked winded-Tessa did doing very little. I couldn't tell what their SD looks like. Nice music, great costumes. Tessa really reminds me of a sexier more bodacious version of DUCHESS kate, blue eyed brunette, creamy skin...just always classy and pretty. I know Marlie will win. Betters out there, lol? I still love Voir. But Vancouver was their peak. Only repeater I'll bet on is Kim. I almost wish she'd stay home cuz Ash might make podium if they award Mao, give Caro silver. I SO WANT TO SEE AN American WOMAN BACK ON PODIUM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ I think you have to make the Olympic team as an individual in order to participate in the team event. So everyone in the team event will also compete as an individual.
    Is this true? What's going to happen for Japan in the team event without Takahashi/Kihara qualified for the individual? Or are they going to skate with just 3 disciplines?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Is this true? What's going to happen for Japan in the team event without Takahashi/Kihara qualified for the individual? Or are they going to skate with just 3 disciplines?
    No, that is not true. The "you must make the Olympic team in the discipline" only applies if you have spots in that discipline. Otherwise if a country qualifies for the team event, they can put in a team that isn't competing in the Olympics individually for the team event.

Custom Title
    They will have a hard battle as they were struggling in practice again today. COP requirements are just HARD physically!!

I would never write V&M off. They still have 3-4 months to adjust their programs and increase their levels, but boy, D&W's LP is incredible. The story is still the same for the past 4 years - D&W and V&M locked for silver and gold. ATM the advantage is geared towards D&W, but V&M is the most naturally talented ice dancers possibly ever.

I am more curious about who's going to win Bronze. I had trouble watching through C&L's Barber of Seville, and I've only seen rough practices of B&S's LP back in August. I wonder how W&P is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjs5572 View Post
    LOL -u do speak your mind. I see his pride still high. He likely thinks it is Tessa's fault. I have to say he is a brilliant skater.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjs5572 View Post
    ITA. Somebody here said Scott was a great competitor... he's not. A great competitor knows how to take defeat graciously. He's a douche. I really want MC to capture that gold, if not because I enjoy their skating more, then because they seem to be generally nicer people.

Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Only repeater I'll bet on is Kim. I almost wish she'd stay home cuz Ash might make podium if they award Mao, give Caro silver. I SO WANT TO SEE AN American WOMAN BACK ON PODIUM.
    OT but I agree. Actually Asada-Kostner-Wagner (in any order) would make an incredible podium. They are all great performers, each of them has her strenghts and is different than others, each of them has her individual style. And they're fighters. They're also artistically mature and I'd rather have them than the Russian wonderbabies aka jumping beans.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    I would never write V&M off. They still have 3-4 months to adjust their programs and increase their levels, but boy, D&W's LP is incredible. The story is still the same for the past 4 years - D&W and V&M locked for silver and gold. ATM the advantage is geared towards D&W, but V&M is the most naturally talented ice dancers possibly ever.

I am more curious about who's going to win Bronze. I had trouble watching through C&L's Barber of Seville, and I've only seen rough practices of B&S's LP back in August. I wonder how W&P is doing.
    I have a very strong feeling W&P are winning the bronze this year. Given that I am pretty much always right, that means expect W&P to be winning the bronze this year.

On the Ice
    Sadly, name calling runs rampant on these FS boards.

Originally Posted by Sjs5572
    Scott Moir always acts like a self-entitled douch.
    Although derogatory, this would not technically be name calling, since "acts like" had been used.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyLex View Post
    He's a douche.
    This would be name calling.

Tripping on the Podium
    Scott and Tessa look great! Just because they didn't perform their whole program doesn't mean they are out of contention for Gold or game over. I thought something terrible had happened and I see just a dumb posting was started. Scott and Tessa are going to amazing this year!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast