2013 Skate Canada practice | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate Canada practice

bramweld

Record Breaker
well S/B edges and postures are poor, but they have decent speed and those twizzles are one of the best after D/W
twizzles of S/B level4 with + GOE's, R/T they are soo slow I just noticed it, I hope they wont make in Sochi

Sadly, I agree.

trains

On the Ice
Wow Patrick had a really rough practice. Tough time landing most jumps in and out of the program. Fell just stroking and doing some turns. I wonder if he's completely well. Mike Slipchuk was coaching him at the boards with Kathy Johnson.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sadly, I agree.

I dont know much about Ice Dance
but I can tell R/T those step sequence, twizzles are so slow that it merits level 1 or 2

basically nothing much improved when then went to Igor
so much for the revelation for them :scowl:

Chan will win anyways even with 3 falls like Osmond with her 2 falls
so whats the use ? Yuzuru would have to skate almost clean to match Chan's absurd +GOE on his falls :laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I hate the music. It is annoying and actually makes my head hurt. Miss Gold sure is looking slim and pretty though...

Gold gets the award for the most beautiful skater now surpassing Kiira
such a classic blonde beauty and she is looking fit and has lost a lot of weight

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
S/B fd seems so intresting! Hansel and gretal witch hunters.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
For anyone who missed it you can still go the link and watch the practices... that's what I'm doing at the moment :)

rosacotton

Final Flight
Thanks Tonichelle!

So cool... Watching the practices almost makes me feel like I'm actually there. :)

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Virtue and Moir's louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald music threatens to steal the show away from the skaters.

I adore the music but I wouldn't go so far as to say it steals the show from Tessa and Scott!

I don't know. It's starting to grow on me. :)

(referring to Gracie's music) -- me, too.

I truly enjoy Paul/Islam - their FD is exquisite this year, smooth, delicate but also powerful.

I liked their programs a lot at Thornhill (also R&H, not that that's relevant here, except that Canada has so many enjoyable dance teams)

such a classic blonde beauty and she is looking fit and has lost a lot of weight

I really liked her practice outfit, too -- the leggings and the grey top with yellow trim (or layered tops, whichever it was). She looked attractive but workmanlike.

samson

Medalist
I'm sure he's fine. He did the morning practice and his jumps looked good except for the quad.

Here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYJVvftAMn8

Interesting music choice for Jeremy. I didn't realize he was going to skate to something from Pina this year. His combo and axel looked really really good. I'm looking forward to seeing this skated full out. He looked a little slow/tired to me here but we'll see once he's really in front of an audience.

It's funny I struggle when I see skaters use the music from Pina. For me it's definitely a moment when I have to forget about my old associations with the music and try to appreciate the skating. That was especially difficult when S/S first used it and were doing a mimic of gestures and ideas created by Tanztheater Wuppertal (I should add I am a professional dance/theater artist and for me, Pina Bausch is arguably the most important choreographer of the 20th century... but I digress).

I think one thing I'm realizing is since the movie Pina came out, the particular song Lilies of the Valley has become the Carmen of the dance and theater world in many ways. Good music, that gets way overused. But to be fair the music isn't used that much in figure skating... yet...

However it looks like Jeremy is doing his own take on it and I'm looking forward to seeing the fully fleshed out concept! He looked to be in pretty good shape at the Japan Open so I hope he's building on what he did there.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to Nobu! :) Wishing him a podium finish, or even a win at Skate Canada. ;) One reason is I LOVE his programs two of them finally; which hasn't happened to me before so that I have been waiting and waiting aaand waiting ever since Nobu moved up senior circuit. The other reason is because he probably is the one who needs every points thruout this GrandPrixSeries+Final among Japanese boys, if we look at the current World Standings: http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm
And a bit surprised Yuzuru is above Patrick now. wow...

Goooo Nobu! :yay:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Gracie was in perfect shape last season. I hope she doesn't get so thin she starts losing muscle mass. Her jumps are her ticket to Sochi and i'd hate to see coaches go overboard with her weight.

emdee

Final Flight
Good luck to Nobu! :) Wishing him a podium finish, or even a win at Skate Canada. ;) One reason is I LOVE his programs two of them finally; which hasn't happened to me before so that I have been waiting and waiting aaand waiting ever since Nobu moved up senior circuit. The other reason is because he probably is the one who needs every points thruout this GrandPrixSeries+Final among Japanese boys, if we look at the current World Standings: http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm
And a bit surprised Yuzuru is above Patrick now. wow...

Goooo Nobu! :yay:

Yuzu has been doing senior B last three years...

Finnstep

Final Flight
Practice videos

LADIES
Akiko Suzuki SP:Short Program, Free Skating
Kaetlyn Osmond:Free Skating, Short Program
Julia Lipnitskaia(RUS):Free Skating 1, Free Skating 2
Gracie Gold(USA):Short Program, Free Skating

PAIRS
Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford (CAN):Short Program, Free Skating
Wenjing Sui/Cong Han (CHN):Short Program, Free Skating
Stefania Berton/Ondrej Hotarek (ITA):Short Program