Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I really like S/B programs
    SD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eYrl...layer_embedded
    music pls ?

shame Ivan was sick at the start of the season, lost a host pick too
    but I think they are getting back to form
    Quickstep: I Can't Touch It, Foxtrot: Sixteen Tons, Quickstep: Big and Bad

Custom Title
    I like Gracie's skating but that SP music is just horrible. My reaction would probably be even stronger if I saw her live, now at least I'm able to reduce the volume. The strings sound really annoying.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    All those reactions to Gold's music, saying it's 'horrible' (it's Gershwin!!!), are part of the reason why the vast majority of Ladies skate so bland, safe and overused GFB stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by trains View Post
    Wow Patrick had a really rough practice. Tough time landing most jumps in and out of the program. Fell just stroking and doing some turns. I wonder if he's completely well. Mike Slipchuk was coaching him at the boards with Kathy Johnson.
    This is what happens when you don't have a coach.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    All those reactions to Gold's music, saying it's 'horrible' (it's Gershwin!!!), are part of the reason why the vast majority of Ladies skate so bland, safe and overused GFB stuff.

This is what happens when you don't have a coach.
    Well, it might be Gershwin(!!!) but imo, Three Preludes is not a nice piece of music. IMO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icedinn View Post
    S/B fd seems so intresting! Hansel and gretal witch hunters.
    Which S/B? Maybe we better start using full names too many acronyms - we are assuming too much. I just can't remember which team is using Hansel and Gretal

Custom Title
    Gershwin is good but Gracie's skating skills and maturity can not match the sophistication of the music. That's why the music choice seems odd. But maybe it will get better and better as the season goes.

The original piano version would have been safer. But we'll see. Already I like it better than the first time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Which S/B? Maybe we better start using full names too many acronyms - we are assuming too much. I just can't remember which team is using Hansel and Gretal
    Yes please... I don't know most of the pairs and dance skaters even with full names

pushing the boudaries in dance and in live
    Stepanova/Bukin do their FD to Hansel and Gretal

Custom Title
    The ISU World rankings are a joke. I mean c'mon Viktoria Helgesson is ranked 5th in the world?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The problem with Gracie's music is not the subject matter or the composer. She can pick whatever music she wants. The problem is that the music is screeeeechy. Having seen/heard her in person in Salt Lake, I can say it is very screechy live. It is difficult to appreciate what a skater is doing on the ice if you are having physical difficulties listening to the music and keep wanting to cover your ears. I imagine the judges will have the same difficulty.

I don't know if a good audio editor could help, but someone on her team needs to try.

Custom Title
    A piano version without strings would be much better.

Custom Title
    I don't bother to read posts that use initials. I'm too old and too muddle-headed to try. It takes too much time and effort. I always appreciate those who take the time and trouble to use names.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    A piano version without strings would be much better.
    You mean the version that Gershwin actually wrote? Yes. I totally agree.

Gracie is such a lovely skater. It is a shame so many people are having trouble with her music.

Custom Title
    Ok I know I'm in the minority but I really like Gracie's music. I like the violin and piano interplay and how facile the violin is though I am no musician to be sure. I also like the choreo but I think Gracie is not quite up to the task yet. She's going through the motions and looking cute enough at times but well she looks kind of juniorish. I think as she starts to get more comfortable with the program it will work. Akiko is someone who really feels the music and interprets well. Back to Gracie what's up with her jumps?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast