Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2013 Skate Canada practice

Custom Title
    I like "out there" and different musical selections-I am sick to death of Carmen et. al. However, Gold's music, even though it might 'grow on me' in time-just can't stomach it. Perhaps a piano version might be better...but if the music is distracting and not pleasing to the ears...I dunno. Compare this to Ashley's Pink Floyd-different and NOT annoying. In an Olympic year, why take the chance?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    All those reactions to Gold's music, saying it's 'horrible' (it's Gershwin!!!), are part of the reason why the vast majority of Ladies skate so bland, safe and overused GFB stuff :
    The problem isn't the musical selection, but the specific performance and musical cut. The screechy, repetitive violins hurt my ears. It's not a pleasant rendition of Gershwin.

Quote Originally Posted by yelyoh View Post
    Back to Gracie what's up with her jumps?
    They dont't look good at all. She looks very thin in the videos. I wonder if she's lost weight and power, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    The problem isn't the musical selection, but the specific performance and musical cut. The screechy, repetitive violins hurt my ears. It's not a pleasant rendition of Gershwin.

She looks very thin in the videos, like she's lost weight, and her power, too.
    Yes actually, I am concerned about her weight and am surprised by the people saying she looks better. She doesn't, she looks the same amount good as before, just thinner. It's not like she had a weight problem for the ove of God.

It looked like the SP was just a "mark it" kind of skate through - she didn't put full power into the in-betweens

Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    It looked like the SP was just a "mark it" kind of skate through - she didn't put full power into the in-betweens
    Also Sylvia noted that she landed several 3Z-3T and 2A-3Ts afterward. Ultimately, what matters is whether she put the work at home and can put it together later on today.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6