Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2013 Warsaw Cup, Poland 14-17.11

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiem View Post
    Suggesting that she's an import is wrong because it subtly implies that the Czechs stole an athlete.
    If you import something, you don't steal it! Importing and stealing are two completely different words. Please use dictionary if you don't understand the meaning of the words.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Calling her an 'imported' skater was still wrong because she's been living there since she was 2 years old and she was taught how to skate there by Czech coaches.

As for everything else you have said, you have no right to make those judgements when you have no idea how the process went, what her considerations were and what she actually thinks and feels.

You have to be a permanent resident for 10 years in order to apply for citizenship so it wasn't even an option until she was 12 (or maybe even later provided on how it was all handled by her parents when they moved there). Having first hand experience of Eastern European bureaucracy, it is very possible that the actual process itself is long, difficult and might take ages. Furthermore, in order to obtain Czech citizenship, she would have to renounce her Russian citizenship and that's not an easy decision to make.
    Firstly, Czech republic allows dual citizenship!

Secondly, trust me that you are not the only one who has experienced Eastern European bureaucracy. I have lived there so I would know about it. However, I still insist that she is far from being Czech. The fact that she lived there or learned to skate there does not make her Czech. And I am saying it based on personal experience of loads of Russian people living in the Czech Republic.

Custom Title
    Anastasia Gubanova wins Advanced Novice Ladies while being only 10 years old? 6 triples?

Hrm, she will be too young even for the 2018 olympics .-.

Medalist
    Stolbova /Klimov have a triple twist!! And it's beautiful.

Hurraaay for my skating coach the lovely Camilla Gjersem grabing the silver medal here!! Yaay Norway is finally making a statement in skating

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I am catching up on some of the events now.

Junior Men FS

Sondre Oddvoll Boe FS
    He really gave it his 100%. All the jumps landed (although second 3toe was a little cheated), decent expression throughout. I hope he can build on this and make it to the FS at Junior Worlds this year.

Now what I am wondering is what is the correct spelling of his surname. ISU biography has it as Oddvoll Boe but Warsaw Cup organisers have it as Oddervoll Boe.

Krzystof Gała FS

3axel/2toe and a fall on a fully rotated 4toe! We haven't ever seen this kind of technical content from a Polish skater! I really wish he could develop more confidence and projection and stop sleepwalking through his programs, though.

Kamil Dymowski FS

Last season, Dymowski has beaten Gała at Nationals. I don't think that it's going to happen again. This was such a wooden, sloppy performance in all aspects. To think this guy used to be a ballroom dancer and that presentation was his strong point... Very disappointing.

Hahah Ziggy his name in Norwegian is Sondre Oddvoll Bøe and thank you so much for your kind words about him, i will show this to him

Banned
    S/K http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SxwSPyzYo8
    3 Twist is back, still crashy but not as bad as before because she gets good height in the air now

a clean S/K will now beat a clean B/L like last months local competition

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    If you import something, you don't steal it! Importing and stealing are two completely different words. Please use dictionary if you don't understand the meaning of the words.
    Take your own advice since you clearly have no understanding of the words homegrown and import.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3