2. Polina Edmunds
    3. Christina Gao

Medalist
    Rachael flatt
    courtney hicks
    mirai nagasu!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    I def. see Ash as the strongest competitor and her LP is growing on me. Disappointed totally in her sp, but she is now a seasoned performer. I want Grace to go for experience. She will be a favorite in 4 years I hope. And I am mad SA did not invite the lovely Samantha Cesario to skate but invited French girl!
    Huh?? Cesario was 5th at Skate America and the French girl has a name. Meite deserved her grand prix's based on her results last season.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Huh?? Cesario was 5th at Skate America and the French girl has a name. Meite deserved her grand prix's based on her results last season.
    I think skateluvr is referring to the exhibition gala and not the competition portion of SA.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Jason Brown, who finished 5th in men's, performed in the gala. I think Sam, who finished 5th, should have gotten a gala slot too, particularly since Mae-Berenice Meite, who finished behind her in 6th, got an invitation to the gala. I do wonder whether Sam declined to skate or had some schedule conflict.

Custom Title
    Someone wrote that Sam's grandma passed away shortly after SA. Perhaps she wanted to spend time with her family and that's why she declined.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    That could well be.

Custom Title
    Ashley Wagner and Mirai Nagasu have the only programs that I like of the top competitors.

Courtney Hicks, Gracie Gold, Agnes Zawadzki, and Christina Gao all have meh-choreography/programs this season.

Polina Edmunds and Karen Chen would be a nice addition to the podium. So I guess...

Ashley Wagner
    Mirai Nagasu
    Karen Chen or Polina Edmunds

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Ashley Wagner and Mirai Nagasu have the only programs that I like of the top competitors.

Courtney Hicks, Gracie Gold, Agnes Zawadzki, and Christina Gao all have meh-choreography/programs this season.

Polina Edmunds and Karen Chen would be a nice addition to the podium. So I guess...

Ashley Wagner
    Mirai Nagasu
    Karen Chen or Polina Edmunds
    Karen chen is probably going to be skating as a Junior at Nationals or at least she should be.

Quote Originally Posted by swurvestar View Post
    I think skateluvr is referring to the exhibition gala and not the competition portion of SA.
    yes, thank you for clarifying that. and it is no disrespect intended to Mae Berenice to be referred to as the French girl. At Skate America Gala, anyone would prefer to see an American who is a lovely skater. mae is typical of French skaters, poor skating skills, not much to commend her. Sorry, that was a slap to Samantha. She was underscored in both programs in PCS and then not invited to the Gala. I'd rather watch Bonaly as she is now than Mae. I am a fan of Florent. He I tiny but zips around the ice. I think I am one of his few American fans. Other than than one ice dance couple, I think France has very poorly trained skaters. Philippe was entertaining, but his jumps were wild and would get negative GOE I think.

I have only been to France once sadly, a religious shrine full of everyone but the French. I wih I understood the culture. I so wanted to see this country but it was not to be. I absolutely do not understand why their skaters are the most unappealing in Europe. Sorry, but that is how I feel. Out of all of them the last 20 years, I found Surya palatable in her last years. Her Cirque du Soleil style is definitely an acquired taste. I just find nothing special about mae's skating and her Gala skate was a bit better than her comp. programs. I'm sure she's a nice kid, but I wish France would finally have a ladies single skater I like to watch. I am a big Cesario fan, tho, as you can tell.

eta, other thread and posts here inform us her grandma died, so she likely was invited but needed to head home. she is very competitive, skating with gusto with news of grandma.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    1. Ashley Wagner
    2. Polina Edmunds
    3. Christina Gao
    Ashley Wagner
    Polina Edmunds
    Gracie Gold

or

Ashley Wagner
    Gracie Gold (if Garcie landing all her jumps with minor errors)
    Polina Edmunds

Rinkside
    If I'm dreaming -and assuming they skated their best: Wagner, Csizny, either Gao or Nagasu

Dream Podium

Gracie
    Alissa
    Mirai

Custom Title
    Ashley
    Gracie
    Christina

posting this after Skate Canada:
    1: Gracie
    2: Ashley
    3: Alissa / Mirai